RNY to DS Revisioners Please Respond

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/10 4:18 am - Bayonne, NJ
Here you go:

1. Weight day of surgery -  215 (I was 221 before the preop liquid diet)
2. How long since surgery  5 months on Friday!
3. How much loss since surgery - I am 168, so 47 lost since the date of surgery.
Monique H.
on 5/19/10 4:31 am
Congratulations on your success so far!! I'll probably be in panic mode for a long time when I know I should just relax. I just want to make sure it will work.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/10 4:45 am - Bayonne, NJ
Thanks! I have to tell you, I freaked before the surgery. I found our on Dec. 10 that I could have it Dec. 21, and I went nuts.  Being on a liquid diet didn't help my mood any, lol.

I still have days when I think "I'm not losing, this isn't working." Even when I put on a smaller size I say "this is a fluke, I don't really fit into this."  It's a whole new mindset and I have to fight the old one every day.

The best part of all of this is that I don't have the massive problems I had post-rny. I can eat without damaging my esophagus.
Chellie
on 5/19/10 5:59 am, edited 5/19/10 6:00 am - PA
Hi Monique...

This was my second revision ...

I started with a VBG and then an RNY... Finally my healthy DS, which doesn't mean I don't have nightmares of regain... I think some part of me will always fear regain...

I started my WL journey at over 500 I got down to 250 at my lowest and regained up and down to 419 at my last attempt...

At the day of the last surgery I was 388 and I am down to 274... so in 10 months
I have lost 114 lbs. and overall since I have started this long crooked winding road,
I have lost about 250.

For me, I have been losing in chunks... I will lose about five or six pounds and then stall for a bit, then do that again... which I have learned to live with, because it is consistent and it is in the right direction.

Hope this helps you. Oh, also, I have been able to eat a much wider variety of food with out the old pouchie getting all grouchie and mean... never could eat red meat before... now I crave stake and pork and just love it... prior to this, it would stick and gag me... so much better... much much.

I feel that I have a healthier relationship with food, even with the fears I have of regain... I am slowly learning to trust that I am eating to live, and not the other way around.

Best wishes and Blessings
Chellie

ETA: Spell check

HW-525/RevW-409/GW- 200/CW-177...
SassyNicole
on 5/19/10 6:38 am - Harrisville, UT

I am sure I won't be a ton of help to ya since I am not even quite 2 weeks out...but here goes lol

Day of surgery 276.4 lbs wich was just 12 days ago... today weighed 263.8 so I've lost 12.6.

I feel great...been out running with the kids, shopping, doing yard work and have been off all pain meds for 3 days. I have no problem with fatigue and have not gotten sick once on eating or drinking anything. Totally worth it so far but I do still worry I won't loose all I need to and it will stop working...just a mental thing I need to get over....I know as long as I keep doing what I am suppose to I will keep going in the right direction!!

Nicole

Monique H.
on 5/19/10 8:17 am
Thanks Nicole. I'll add you to the list of people I'll be following up until I have my surgery. Congrats on your revision and I wish you the best!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/10 11:34 am - Bayonne, NJ
You know, I read what Chellie said, and it's the same for me. I lose in chunks. I get mini stalls that last 2-3 weeks, then I drop. Most recently I hovered at 173, then on the weekend I got down to 168. Now I'm there and the scale isn't moving (except up when I'm swollen) but I know enough now to not freak about it.
Kerry J.
on 5/19/10 1:23 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Monique,

My revision from an old RNY to DS was done in Sept. 2008, at the time I weighed around 285, I lost most of the weight during the first 9 months. However, I just went on a month long vacation in Europe and lost another 6 pounds. I weigh 193 right now and my BMI is 27 or so, but I only have about 20% body fat, so I'm pretty close to my idea weight. Love, love, love my DS I eat like a normal person have no issues and am just loving and enjoying life like I never have before.

Kerry 
defeatednot
on 5/20/10 4:30 am
Thanks Monique for steering me to this forum. All these replies helped me with my concerns. Am still in the process of getting all the paper work to the doc so I can get approval. I am 99.9% sure I'm ready. Thanks to all.
Nancy
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 49 views