Dr. Husted Update and more ?

Barb R.
on 5/14/10 3:48 am - Troy, MO
I don't really know allot about Dr. Husted (just from info on here saying he was one of the best at revisions) or the clinic he will be at. I just happen to get through to him when he was in the process. He called me back a couple of days ago and asked me not to post this info until today. I thank everyone for the questions they answered. It helps to know I wouldn't have to suffer with things getting stuck. I can't even swallow a pill or capsule without cutting or crushing.
Renee M.
on 5/14/10 4:59 am
Their website says they only do bands and sleeves.  Is he not going to be doing the DS there?
ReCurve
on 5/14/10 5:49 am - Peoria, AZ
I don't think anybody there does the DS, maybe they will update the site when he gets to to town
Elizabeth N.
on 5/14/10 5:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
Nope, never had a moment's trouble with stuff getting stuck. Early out I ate too much, too fast and puked a couple times. But that was an easy learning curve LOL. Now it's no problem. I've learned to pace myself, and I eat pretty normal portions anyhow.

Now I'm going to be the bad guy and say this: Avoid Husted like the plague. You don't want a surgeon who's been in at least six practices in about as many years. This is really, really, really important information. Think about it. If you're the best in your field and everything works perfectly and all that jazz, why can't you stay ANYWHERE and make a good living and name for yourself?

That's not how it works in the medical world. Do yourself a favor and go to someone like Dr. Anthone, Dr. Houston, Dr. Greenbaum.....Look at the list of surgeons on www.dsfacts.com and go from there. Don't trust your life to a guy who can't figure out how to behave within the most basic conventions of his profession.
CinnamonSpider
on 5/14/10 6:40 pm
The problem now is finding one who will do a RNY-to-DS revision.  Virgin-DS'ers still have a few good choices, lol.

As far as revisions:
Checked w/ Inman - Doesn't do 'em.
Someone said Anthone doesn't do them anymore (in this thread)
Then there was the thread about Greenbaum not doing them (though it's not been confirmed)
I checked with Houston, and though their staff was nice, I don't think they do RNY revisions. (maybe just lapband-to-DS ones)

Husted has moved around a bit it seems (during my many months of "lurking" on these boards), but in his defense,  I hear the new "Docs" that came in and took over the bariatric part of LCRH (Husted's old hospital)  are out for "WLS domination." (particularly the Rose procedure & Lapbands) They're kinda like the "Pinky and the Brain" of wls procedures in KY, per se.  (seriously, they have like 8 offices here and offer no decent choices.)

So what is w/ all of these docs not doing the RNY revisions anymore?  I always knew they were riskier, but figured things would be okay if I found a skilled surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/10 11:09 pm
If you have a link handy, could you direct me to the thread about Greenbaum not doing RNY to DS revisions any more? He is so expert at them, and has done so many, I would be shocked to learn that he has given them up. 

In terms of experienced RNY to DS surgeons, there is also Rabkin and Keshishian. 
CinnamonSpider
on 5/15/10 12:02 am
There is a thread called "Dr Greenbaum" on the first page of this message board, and then there is another over on the Revision board.   I don't know if it's "confirmed" or not, just what a few people had been saying.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/15/10 12:18 am - Burlington County, NJ
That sounds like baseless gossip to me.
Barb R.
on 5/14/10 6:03 am - Troy, MO
Dr Husted starts June 1st and he will be doing the DS. I am sure the web site will be up-dated. What doctor was in the news? Does anybody have suggestions on getting Priority Health to approve a revision?
Trudy O.
on 5/14/10 6:12 am - TN
I would try another surgeon closer, like Inman.  Just saying.

SW 280  CW 170 GW 180

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 68 views