Individualized formula for estimated weight loss

Amanda-DS
on 1/28/10 5:21 am
well it makes me even more of a success than I thought I was
highest weight before surgery was >350 no scale big enough at doctors office but on home spring scale it went around and end up at 40lbs so I guess it was 390 or higher.

58x.33=19.14 +14=33.14 as EBMI
I got to the normal BMI 23and looked sickly, seriously no boobs, no butt, hanging skin everywhere and not able to excercise like I wanted too.

Increased my exercise increased my eating because I needed fuel. Gained weight and love where I am at a BMI 29.  Which puts me right between my ideal BMI and athe EBMI for a super morbidly obese.

I am happy where I am but this just makes my weight and BMI seem more validated!!!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/10 5:57 am
Very interesting! That formula would put me at around 182. I could definitely live happily with that, but I'd rather get to 150-160 if I can.

I'd be interested to see a similar formula for anticipated EWL with RNY, Lap Band and VSG.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 1/28/10 7:15 am - Tuvalu

I like this MUCH better.  It means that I (and I started at around 51, I think) actually got within NINE POUNDS of my EBMI before I became a full-time sedentary patient-type person and gained about 20 pounds.  So I feel much closer to a reasonable goal.  And...remember that the 50+ BMI people will also have far more excess skin and probably a larger skeletal structure from carrying around all that weight.

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

jharrington8172
on 1/28/10 9:46 am - Hermitage, TN
The formula does not work for me I started out with a BMI of 61.78 x .33 = 20.3874 + 14 = 34.3874.  I am almost a year out and my bmi is 26.4.  That means I would settle out in the 260's and I am not down with that.  I am currently 204 and would like to get to 190.  So I hope I am the exception to this calculation.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/10 2:07 pm
This is just how far surgery will take you.  There's no limit to how far you can go with further diet and increased exercise.  You don't have to be limited to a surgical BMI.  I watched a online seminar about weight loss surgery and it said no surgery can get you to your ideal weight, meaning you have to do that on your own.
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 46 views