lap band to DS 4-wk post-op udate

Tassia
on 1/25/10 9:56 am
 You are doing great!  The eating gets better, and then one day, its like.. "Oh yeah, I like to eat!"
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

wings
on 1/25/10 10:01 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL

After having the lap band for 4-years I am already singing praises for being able to eat without joking and puking lol. 

I just tried thin sliced bacon cooked real good and I can do that.  OH, wow freakin bacon rocks.  I can't eat much but I am satisfied and happy. 

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Carla

VelvetKiss
on 1/25/10 2:53 pm - Broadview Heights, OH
Carla,

Congrats on your loss!  Way to rock the DS!  I am glad to hear how your doing, especially since you had a Lap Band.  It gives me hope that things can be good again once the Lap Band is gone and the DS is done.  Keep up the great work!

Lap Band surgery 07/2006
Lost 150  lbs, Gained back 50 lbs
Lap Band has caused Acid Reflux, Hiatal Hernia, Esophagus Spams and Vitamin Deficiencies.
Seeking a revision to the Duodenal Switch

wings
on 1/25/10 8:13 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I am so happy that dang lap band is gone.  I can swallow with comfort now and I don't have acid reflux even in a sitting postion. 

Fight for your DS cause I know I am new at this but my life is already better without the band and 40 pounds gone already wow who would have thunk it. 

I can't wait to hear when your DS is going to happen. 

Carla
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 11:42 pm - Canandaigua, NY
Wow  Carla - You are doing FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!  I'm just a little ahead of you, but have only lost 31 lbs, and have been stalled since week 3....   How are you getting in all your protein? I know I need to up mine, but I haven't been able to tolerate any of the powders or shakes so far, and can only eat so much! You are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!  
wings
on 1/26/10 12:41 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thanks Laura

I get my protien in a little at a time.  Sometimes I have to eat a little every 2 hours.  String cheese is my friend.  If I fluff my eggs with cream or half and half then I can get them down.  Thin bacon fried crisp.  Very fresh hamburger with cheese.  I eat alot of cheese. 

I don't do many carbs cause I don't have room for them.  It takes work all day to get 60 grams in per day but I keep trying.  I still gag at the thought of protein shakes.  I cannot do the bars due to sugar alcohols so I have to eat it.  I hope the gag reaction to shakes will go away with time cause it would really be easier to get my protien in if I could have a shake or two.  Time will tell.

Carla
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 0 replies · 30 views