Need a minute to vent about the forum, & advice/links for all newbies inside

Rena H.
on 8/13/09 9:11 am - Spokane, WA
 ... i could make you one for real, you know. lol. want me to look up the printing cost? lol
Star Jones
on 8/13/09 5:24 am, edited 8/13/09 5:24 am - National Harbor, MD
I don't know who's worse with these long azz posts...Lori, Kimberley, Pretty Dove, Sia, Kristy?......long winded broads  

I was sneakin on here for a hot second and jeesh! Where's Red? She'll give you 2 sentences short and sweet and hit submit!!!!!

I'll have to read all this juicinest later!!!!

ETA: I forgot about Nicolle and her long azz books too

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

Guate Wife
on 8/13/09 7:04 am - Grand Rapids, MI

So damn true!  I was always marked down for that in school, also.

And, it sucks, because I know people don't read through my long-winded posts, and damn-it, they should, because what I have to say is so so important (in my own mind!).

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Star Jones
on 8/13/09 9:57 am - National Harbor, MD
LMAO....I popped on here for a hot second....I mean a millisecond and I see a post with a million hits, so of course I had to click on that one first! lol And here go y'all with long replies! I couldn't even read it all but I HAD to say something smart

And girl, Power to da People!! Keep on with your long windedness....I love it when you're sassy!

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

Lori Black
on 8/13/09 8:37 am - , IN
I know.  Wtf?  Why can't I just say....Hey vets, let's remember where we came from and exibit the same patience that was given to us.  And hey noobs, here are a ****load of links, if you've read all of these and still have questions, we'll be here! 

Nope, I hafta go on and on and on and on.....

I'll stop now.

I was trying to be brief!

Lori
Star Jones
on 8/13/09 9:59 am - National Harbor, MD
I think you were trying to be brief like I try to low carb!!!    (that's the side eye I'm giving you) LMAO

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

cujiesmom
on 8/13/09 5:32 am
Thanks so much for sharing those bookmarks.  I have been trying to read back through past threads but there is a lot to wade through, this was very helpful.
mgpm
on 8/13/09 5:33 am
Would it be possible to get OH to make this OP a sticky at the top of the page?  Maybe call it a FAQ or "newbies need to know" or something like that?

(great job lori!!!)

Linda
Guate Wife
on 8/13/09 7:05 am - Grand Rapids, MI

No, we've asked a gazillion times!
See, it just proves that OH hates the DS.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Nopenname
on 8/13/09 5:50 am - Tacoma, WA
Here's my take on the board.

My very first post here was pretty uninformed I had initially been headed toward an RNY I'd only just been to my seminar, I asked about B12 shots and vitamins based on the fact that the handout from my seminar said the DS was "EXTREMELY MALABSORBTIVE" which initially had put me off of the surgery entirely. And no one was rude to me. I've made at least two *****ing about "stalls" and "slow weight loss psychologically" threads and no one was rude to me Vitalady and EN even offered kindly to take my scale away ^_~. I made a thread regarding needing more clarity on protein myths, no one was rude to me.

I imagine if I had made oh...THIRTY of them within 24 hours wording them so it was clear I haven't even done the most basic research someone would probably have gotten pissed. 

Really the backlash is only about two people and the fact that they are tiring and inane, but new newbies don't know this. All the see is someone going "you are bullying me I'm just trying to leaaaarrrrnnnn" and not the one page where that same person posted like eleventy billion times about the same thing only slightly worded it different.

On the one hand newbies should be doing research, reading what they can, and clarifying only when they need to from personal experience for comparison (or if they'd like to get a survey of others, like when I asked about post-op diets since mine was FOUR WEEKS of clear liquids and thought that was sort of zany).

On the other hand, it should be expected for there to be repeat questions, OH's search function is **** and sometimes you can't find EXACTLY what you are looking for or haven't understood correctly what you have read. We should also expect some freaking out about stalls or gains no matter how many times it's been said before. Because each person is going through this from the BEGINNING for themselves. It really doesn't matter that I or you or he or she stalled, and gained on their way to goal, surgery is still so invasive and we have often struggled so long that we have tiny emotional freak outs. Sometimes we just need a pat on the head, and a peptalk with pompoms when we're on the right track but feeling weak. If you don't want to give someone that then just don't post in their thread.

Granted if these OMFG A STALL threads are accompanied by lurid threads detailing cookie and pizza and french bread indulgence expect a smack on the hand for being a dummy and causing your own misery and you shouldn't expect your pat on the head pompom shaking then at all.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Most Active