Some of you newbies and DS wannabes **** me off. LONG rant about life and death here.

Kayla B.
on 8/11/09 3:56 am - Austin, TX
Been thinking it and not speaking it, myself.

Whiny posts about not being able to eat carbs with wild abandon are the funniest.  You can eat as much bacon and mayo as you want, but the second you bring up the fact that you gotta watch your soda and candy intake...OMGZ I THOUGHT I COULD EAT ANYTHING I DON'T WANTZ TO BE ON A DIET!  TEH DS SUX!

It's like they expect magic.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
ladynitewolf
on 8/11/09 10:24 am - BFE, CA
Heh! I'll take the bacon and the mayo any day over the bread that it comes between. NOM, NOM, NOM!

Prohhhhhht-tiennnnnnnn! (just imagine it being said like "Braaaaiiinnnnnsssssss!")

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

RainyDayWoman
on 8/11/09 4:02 am - Fridley, MN
I am so sorry for the loss of Norm.  I was new to OH then but I remember.  He looks like he was a true gentleman.

Your post is great, Nicolle.  This is a HUGE surgery and nothing to take lightly. 
Lilypie - (SzbI)
BuckeyeSylvia
on 8/11/09 4:18 am - Small Town, OH
Nicolle-
Thanks for reminding me why I you so much!

And, maybe I'm a freak to these newbies but once I woke up ALIVE after surgery, I was 100% thankful and loving my DS. I felt like I had battled death (obesity AND surgery) and WON! Each day gets better and better. YES...I eat chili cheese fries. NO...I couldn't right after surgery. Excuse me, but that seems like common sense.

HW/SW/CW/GW    231/225/123/130-125
~Surgeon's Goal of Normal BMI reached at 6 months Post Op~
~Personal Goal Range achieved at less than 10 months Post Op~

PattiCan
on 8/11/09 4:37 am - Camden County, NJ
Kudos, Nicolle!

You knew what had to be said and you put yourself out there and did it.  I pray that it will make a difference to the you know who's out there. 
It is an awesome surgery, a great gift to be able to fix the metabolism, to get healthier and happier because of the DS.
So very glad you pointed out the responsibilities and simple common sense necessary for compliance, very very well said!

hw268  sw244  cw155   gw150
T Lady
on 8/11/09 5:44 am
Nicole, bravo for putting things into perspective!  The DS board has seen it's fair share of "village idiots" as of late.  I'm sorry Norm couldn't be here to shake his head and have a little laugh while enjoying his DS.

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

rose78
on 8/11/09 5:58 am - san jose, CA
Nicolle,  I  am so very grateful  for  this post.
Maybe it will open  "some peoples eyes  and  re think " what they are posting. For heavens  sake..  it is getting crazy here on the DS board.  I  don't post "topics"  very often  because  usually
 if i go back   some one has already asked or going through what i was... so yep  peeps need to go back a  few weeks /months on old threads  and  book mark!

To your Special Friend:
RIP  Norm  you are missed.

ROSE 78 

Beam me up Scottie
on 8/11/09 6:01 am
WORD!!

Do not get the DS if you're an asshole...ROFL.

Scott
Sahrramon
on 8/11/09 6:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Nicole for saying what I've been feeling for the past several months..The people who are getting the surgery are not taking it serious.  They think it's a free for all. 

You are right,  if people did a search most of the questions have already been asked and answered..usually within the same week. 

I don't post, because I normally find the answers by researching.  In fact,  I'm becoming insensitive to newbies and pre-ops posts,  often ignoring them and looking for the "senior"  members posts..Something that may add value to my life. 

Dawn G.
on 8/11/09 8:29 am - Fort Edward, NY
I read this post this morning-and spent a good part of the next few hours crying my eyes out.  Thank you so much for posting the wake up call that needed to be made.  It is a wonderful tribute to an obviously really special person who touched so many peoples' hearts.  I am so sorry I never had the honor of speaking with Norm.

As a pre-op, I promise to print-then read and reread every single information filled post that I have bookmarked, and use it in addition to all the paperwork my nutritionist and surgeon gave me.  Not instead of-but in addition to.  If something doesnt make sense-and I can't find something after searching-only then will I ask the question....But I promise to use common sense before hitting that send key.

HW-390.6
SW-326
CW-103
GW-140

WLS is a very big decision.  Please EDUCATE YOURSELF before choosing how you wish to spend the rest of your life! 

Most Active