I hate food.

Anna G.
on 12/10/08 3:15 am
I dunno! I've seen some jumbo shrimp that could have had 7g of protein! I ate about 6 oz last night of small shrimp and Sparkpeople told me that it was 36 grams of protein! And it was so good. Thanks again for making that suggestion. Of course I didn't realize that the ****tail sauce had 15g of carbs! But that's a small sacrifice for getting that much protein down.

Star Jones
on 12/9/08 10:55 am, edited 12/9/08 10:58 am - National Harbor, MD
I have to look again at the protien count fo shrimp. I see them at about 18g per 4 ozs. Where did you find them being 7g each?

ETA: sorry see somebody wrote it first. Didn't read all the messages before responding

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

Star Jones
on 12/10/08 2:02 am - National Harbor, MD
I don't have a scale but it would take more than 2 and a half shrimp to make up 3oz. 3oz of shrimp is quite a bit. I've been going with the calculation 1 small shrimp 1g, 1 large shrimp 1.5g.

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

d c
on 12/10/08 2:16 am

I must have some big-ass shrimp cause I just weighed one of mine and its 1.5 ounces.  So if its 17grams of protein in 3 oz it would be like 8.5 grams of protein per shrimp.

Star Jones
on 12/10/08 2:30 am - National Harbor, MD
Dayum! Send me some of those big azz shrimp lol. The kind I have do not weigh that much. Excellent shrimp!

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

d c
on 12/10/08 2:44 am
Honey, I don't mess around with little ones, I go for BIG ones every time!

Kayla B.
on 12/9/08 9:11 am - Austin, TX
Cheese has just as much protein punch as meat, m'dear.  About 7g per ounce.

I like buying a big block of cheese and cutting it into slices or cubes myself.  Cheddar, colby, monterey jack, etc, should all have about 7g per ounce, and I've seen some swiss cheese labeled as having 8g per ounce.  It's only when you get into some really crappy processed cheeses like velveeta and american that the protein count goes down.

Sometimes I also buy a jar of alfredo sauce and melt a whoooole buncha italian cheese in it and maybe even add some red pepper flakes if I'm in the mood for something spicy.  I usually put it on some soy pasta, but I bet you could eat it like a really gooey cheese soup.  I usually only make up about 1/4 to 1/3 the jar at a time and add just a ton of shredded cheese to it while warming it up in a saucepan...at least 2-3 ounces, but you can add as little or as much as you want.  If you're craving veggies, you can also put it on some green beans or something.

I'm also a huge fan of greek yogurt.  Needs sweetener, but it is sooo delish.  If you like eggs, egg salad is also wonderful too.  Or cottage cheese.  You may just need to try a new meat or recipe.  Sometimes when regular meats don't sound so hot, I just need to try something new.  Maybe pork loin, bratwurst, italian sausage, pepperoni, summer sausage, any kind of meat from the deli, bacon, ham?  I love the hormel refrigerated meats.  The meat comes out so moist.  And sometimes, I just need something unsophisticated like a hotdog.  You got the DS, so you can eat all sorts of unsophisticated high fat meats if you want to.  Hot dogs, vienna sausages, spam, corned beef.  Whatever floats your boat.

If you can find a high protein/low carb milk, you can even make a low-sugar cocoa.  It's pretty much my favorite protein source right now.  I use a lactose free milk with like 12g protein, 6g carbs in a cup.  It's only available in Texas (mootopia is the brand), but I know there is that hood's milk that is high protein/low carb too available in other states.  After that, you just get some unsweetened cocoa powder from the baking aisle (I use Hershey's), and follow the directions for hot cocoa listed on it, substituting your favorite sweetener for the sugar.  I also leave out the vanilla extract it calls for.  I've had like 3 cups today between meals, and that's easily over 36 g of protein without really even having to eat a meal.

Oh, and peanut butter.  Or almond butter.  Or cashew butter.  ANY nut butter is fabulous.  I just dip a huge spoonful in the jar and lick it off.  I think I went through like 10 tablespoons of peanut butter today...yum.  Sometimes I even like warming it up a bit so it's kinda gooey.  Sometimes I add cinnamon, too.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Jupiter6
on 12/9/08 9:22 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
It's time to mock Kayla! ;)

1) "Yum, cheese! I love me some cheese!"
2) "Boo-- I no can poop! Why I no can poop?"

Hee hee hee hee hee!

(You get the last laugh-- I only eat a tbsp of peanut butter a day-- at 75 cals per spoonful, I'd have nothing left to play wif!)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Recent Topics