I hate food.

Anna G.
on 12/9/08 7:53 am

Thanks. I'll have to go for some harder cheeses. I've been focusing on the soft stuff early out, but I can handle the hard stuff. LOL

I react to eggs the same way as meat, as I discovered this morning.

Catnip
on 12/9/08 7:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
similar to ricotta fluff 

1 cup boiling water
1 package sugar free jello
2 "singles" of crystal light
1.5 cups milk
3 scoops vanilla protien powder
1 cup cottage cheese
1 package instant vanilla pudding

add jello and cyrstal light to boiling water mix well
cream cottage cheese until very smooth
add all ingredients to hot jello mixture and beat together using handmixer or imersion blender

pour into individual cups and let set

enjoy

you can make this what ever flavour you want. I love using lemon jello and lemon cyrstal light. it's yummy! and just like lemon pie filling.

other ideas - eggs, plain cottage cheese, peanut butter off a spoon was a fav of mine.

catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Anna G.
on 12/9/08 7:57 am
Thanks, catnip!

Frozen_Peach
on 12/9/08 7:58 am
I go thru phases too where meat just makes me want to gag - like you - I use protein shakes to kep my protein levels up - I also like peanut butter and for some reason I can always eat Wendy's chili

I've also found I like omelets - a LOT....put some sausage and ham in that bad boy with cheese - and it goes down great even when I'm having my "meat aversion"

good luck girl!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Anna G.
on 12/9/08 10:37 am

Thanks, Peach!

I have never had Wendy's chili, but it must have mystical DS faerie dust in it because I've heard a lot of post-ops talking about it. 

DianaR
on 12/9/08 8:06 am - Junction City, OR
Anna, I went through a really bad food aversion phase, bad enough that people thought I was becoming annorexic.  It turned out to be excess stomach acid causing my lack of interest in food. When I changed medications, my appitite came back. Are you taking prilosec or anything for acid? It may or may not be the case for you, but I thought I would throw it out there....
Diana

Diana R
SW/CW/GW
248/122/138
"Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
-Anais Nin

Anna G.
on 12/9/08 9:08 am
Thanks, Diana! I do take Nexium every day. I think it's just the typical early-out food aversion.

d c
on 12/9/08 8:29 am
Anna,
Do you like fish?  Shrimp ****tail?  There are about 7 grams of protein in one shrimp.  I ate 8 of them yesterday and got 56 grams from that.  And 3 oz of Tilapia has 22 grams of protein.  Tilapia is a mild white fish and is easy to get down.
But I guess you gotta like fish for this to help. 
Cindy

Anna G.
on 12/9/08 9:04 am
I'm thawing some shrimp as we speak. Thanks, Cindy. That sounds really good right now.

Nina E.
on 12/9/08 9:08 am

Cindy - I'm so sorry to correct you but.... I thought you would want accurate info..if for no other reason than to get enough protein.. i adore shrimp thats reason enough to eat it but it does take more to get the 7 gms of protein... :)

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving (1 large shrimp)
Calories8.6
Calories from Fat1.3
Fat0.14g0%
Saturated Fat0.027g0%
Polyunsaturated Fat0.055g 
Monounsaturated Fat0.021g 
Cholesterol12.4mg4%
Sodium36.8mg2%
Potassium10.6mg0%
Carbohydrate0.074g0%
Dietary Fiber0.0g0%
Protein1.7g3%
Alcohol0.0g 
Vitamin A0%
Calcium0%
Vitamin D3%
Thiamin0%
Niacin1%
Vitamin B60%
Phosphorus1%
Selenium4%
Vitamin C0%
Iron1%
Vitamin E0%
Riboflavin0%
Vitamin B121%
Manganese0%
Copper1%
Magnesium1%
Zinc1%

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

Recent Topics