Hey new-ops and soon to be new-ops, some info to help you out!

Sahrramon
on 11/10/08 11:35 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Lori..now where's that spreadsheet from Gina...I'm having my 3 month labs drawn tomorrow.
GreySea04
on 11/10/08 11:43 pm
Lori thank you so much for this post.  I am expecting to have surgery in late Nov, or early Dec.  This will be so helpful.  I've printed the post and I'm sure I will be referring to it often. 

Could you please send me the list of vitamins that I should be taking directly post-op? 

Everyone here has been such an inspiration, you have given others the courage to have this surgery.
Ahrie
on 11/11/08 12:57 am - Dublin, OH
Lori,

You are awesome! If I may be so bold as to suggest that it may be owrth adding that if you are not given a binder after surgery do not be afraid to ask for one. Many of us (including me) wore it for a long time and found it very helpful. Also, regarding pain management and nausea; There are no bonus points for suffering. We are all given meds when we go home, take them so you can rest! Find a comfortable place/position to sleep, use body pillows, a recliner, whatever, rest will help you heal. I am still fairly new myself, but in thinking about my own lessons learned as a fresh post-op these things came to mind in addition to your amazingly well thought out advice!
Recent Topics