Pre-Op Wish List: What to expect when you're expecting DS!

ellesix
on 8/27/08 1:36 am
Hey guys. It's me again! (Are you there God? It's me , Margret) <--- Did I just age myself?

I am wondering what items I should already have in my home to prepare for my surgery. Are there any items that you wish you had the forsight to have known about before hand? Should I stock vitamins now in case there is a back order situation? Which ones should I stock up on? Any suggestions for the hosptial stay? I have already gone to check out the bariatric ward (anal much?) and saw where I would be walking when I make it to the other side. I am trying to focus on things I can be doing to help prepare instead of doubting myself, because I know I want this.

Any suggestions would be great. Any little gems you can throw my way would help.

Thanks again fam!

Spazbot Elle
Steph anie
on 8/27/08 1:57 am - Denton, TX
Looking forward to the answers. Going to bookmark this post now. Thanks for asking Elle. This way we don't burn out the post-ops too quickly.

Steph

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

ellesix
on 8/27/08 2:19 am
Yes girl! We will have to tag team them so they won't know how much we're spamming them soliticing information! LOL
Steph anie
on 8/27/08 2:35 am - Denton, TX
We can take different days to ask questions and then compare notes.

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

Flor_Bellas
on 8/27/08 1:58 am, edited 8/27/08 2:01 am - Miami, FL
Hey there Elle, I'll be following your thread closely for I'm about 3 weeks away from my DS day.  Good luck with yours.

ETA:  I just realized we are surgery twins!  9/18/08  My surgery date has been changed so many times I didn't realize it at first, but we are on the same day!

Maria a.k.a. Tinker Bell's mentorTinker Bell
HW ~ SW ~ CW ~ GW
301.5 ~ 290~ 172~ 130
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ellesix
on 8/27/08 2:22 am
YAY!!!!!

We're going to rock this! That makes me feel so much better actually.
Flor_Bellas
on 8/27/08 3:14 am - Miami, FL
Actually, I've just been reminded by Dr. Gagner's office I'm on the 19th, not the 18th.  I swear, I've been changed so much I have no idea where I'm standing.  Sigh.  Well, we're still surgery sistas if not twins.

Maria a.k.a. Tinker Bell's mentorTinker Bell
HW ~ SW ~ CW ~ GW
301.5 ~ 290~ 172~ 130
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Anna G.
on 8/27/08 3:50 am
ROFL! I was just about to post and ask if your date had been moved, again! LOL Let's hope this date stays put!

Kristi H.
on 8/27/08 2:03 am - Killeen, TX
tongs and baby wipes so you can wipe your own booty.  I also got real soup and drained the broth off of it, so it tasted better than the boxed or cubes.   (more expensive but tasted better to me)  I loved tomato soup early out too.  I would suggest at least a month of vits before hand.  I would also order some samples of protein drinks from vitalady.  Your taste will change and having the samples will help you pick which ones you like best after.

For the hospital I would bring a back scratcher and a fan.  (You can leave the fan in the car and if you need it have a loved one run out and get it)  I was so hot and was SOOO happy I had a fan right next to my bed.

I hope this helps!
ellesix
on 8/27/08 2:24 am
How do I contact vitalady? I need to get those samples started pretty soon.

I hear the hospital was hot too. Very good idea.

I can imagine my clumbsiness trying to wipe with tongs! LOL
Recent Topics