First DS Egg

Vicki PNW
on 5/26/08 4:11 am
Julie, I love cream cheese!  Now if I were to add cream cheese to my scrambled eggs, then how much could I put in? I always add cheese to my omelet when I prep it.  The cheese adds spice to the omelet. You're right, fat seems to make food go down easier and my BMs reflect this.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Julie R.
on 5/26/08 12:15 pm - Ludington, MI
I usually add a couple of tablespoons, I'd say.   It just melts so nicely into the eggs!  I dunno, I might even put more than that in.  A few chives or finely diced green onion are good too. I'll give you another idea that worked really well for me early post-op.  I'd buy a can of Campbell's french onion soup, and add some very finely shredded roast beef.   I would cook a chuck roast in the crock pot so it's real tender.   I'd add the roast beef to the soup and simmer it, then put mozzarella and parmesan cheese on it.   It was a good dose of protein, and really went down well.   Again, the fattier cut of meat was better than something really lean like rump roast.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

m.espoir
on 5/22/08 6:03 am - NJ
Scrambled eggs with cheese was the first yacking session I had post op! About 3-4 weeks out. Then I tried very soft poached eggs and have them every morning still. I did try scrambled with eggs again for the first time since yacking and they finally stayed down fine, almost 7 mo out!
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:36 am
Maybe the cheese in your scrambled eggs was the culprit in your yacking them up, since apparently you were able to eat scrambled eggs without cheese. I like poached eggs and should try them sometime.  It would be weird not to have them over English muffins, but those muffins are about 3 months out for me.  English muffins do come in whole wheat, so those should go down better than the regular kind.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Elizabeth N.
on 5/22/08 6:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
Sounds like you tolerated *this* egg well. That is no guarantee for tomorrow's egg, however. You might want to give a day or two before you try another one. I would also suggest avoiding hard boiled ones for quite some time yet. They qualify as very solid food according to my belly--fill me up just like meat does, even this far out.
Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:37 am
Thanks for the suggestion on hard-boiled eggs, Elizabeth. Think I'll stick with softer eggs for now.

Vicki

Sean_B
on 5/22/08 6:19 am - Schenectady, NY
my first "real food" in the hospital was a scrambled egg.  no problems. 5 days a week (I'm out of town 2 days a week, so it's tougher to do) I always have eggs for breakfast (usually fried in butter - over medium... whites cooked fairly solid, yolk still runny).  Now that I've upped my intake to maintain, I eat an english muffin (buttered, of course) and 3 eggs if I'm having a meat (like sausage or bacon) or I'll have 4 eggs if I'm not having any meat that morning. of course this early out, you shouldn't even be thinking english muffins and bacon or sausage... but it's definitely in the realm of possibilities for you.  Breakfast is always my largest meal... which is funny, because preop, I would rarely eat ANY breakfast. enjoy

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:44 am
Wish I had "real" food at the hospital.  But at least I had pureed chicken noodle soup and it was tolerated very well.  I refused the pureed chicken with rice soup because I didn't know if the rice was white, brown, or wild.  I also had cream of wheat, which was very well-tolerated. All breakfast meat are at least 3 months out for me due to the density of the protein. Altho I like poached eggs topped with melted cheese over English muffins, those muffins are at least 3 months out for me.  I will be buying the whole wheat kind when I am ready to eat muffins again.

Vicki

Valerie G.
on 5/22/08 11:18 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:45 am
Back at you, Val!

Vicki