First DS Egg

Vicki PNW
on 5/22/08 4:44 am
I am now 8 days post-op and still doing great!  Of course, I get tired easily and take 2 or 3 naps a day.  I started soft foods yesterday.  About 2 hours ago, I cooked an egg prepped over easy in EVOO (I cooked 2 pre-op).  I ate the egg very slowly to see if my stomach liked it.  No response except for a little burp. 2 hours later, still no response.  Does that mean that my stomach tolerated it?  If so, then I plan on trying a soft-boiled egg tomorrow, a hard-boiled egg Saturday, and maybe a couple of scrambled eggs on Sunday. I understand that many post-ops have trouble tolerating eggs prepped in any way.  I feel for them.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Frozen_Peach
on 5/22/08 4:46 am
I haven't tried eggs yet....that's next on my list :)

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:23 am
Hope you tolerate your first egg(s), no matter how it's prepped. Let us know in a separate thread how you tolerated them.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Kristi H.
on 5/22/08 4:47 am - Killeen, TX
I am not sure about most pre-ops and eggs, I have heard pretty good things about them as far as egg salad in the early stages.  I can tell you for me personally, I eat tons of eggs, they go down so easy for me.  I make them just a little runny in the middle and I can eat two really quick and I have never had any type of tummy ache from it.  Yesterday I had two eggs and 4 peices of bacon.  Its alot of protein and to me so very easy to get down!
Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:28 am

I don't know about pre-ops and eggs, either, but I can tell you that it depends on the individual.  I did love eggs as a pre-op and am tolerating them as a post-op so far. Yesterday I had 2 scrambled eggs and tolerated them.  This morning I had a couple of eggs prepped over easy and I got full at my last bite. Bacons and sausages are about 3 months out for me, as this kind of protein is dense for my new stomach.

Vicki

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/08 5:30 am - TN
Put butter or mayo on your hard-boiled egg to moisten it.
Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:29 am
Good idea, Carolyn!

Vicki

Julie R.
on 5/22/08 5:39 am - Ludington, MI
I had a hard time with scrambled eggs at first (still do, once in a while) but did really well with egg salad.  Now I can eat omelets and fried, no problems.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Vicki PNW
on 5/25/08 7:32 am
Wonder why you would have a hard time with scrambled eggs? Think I will try omelet, my fave egg, in about a week or so.

Vicki

Julie R.
on 5/25/08 9:21 am - Ludington, MI
Someone, somewhere, told me that you change the composition of an egg when scrambling it - maybe by adding air into it?  I dunno.   One thing that helped me was to add some cream cheese to my scrambled eggs.  When you make an omelet, add some cheese to it, to increase the fat content - fat seems to make everything go down easier for us DS'ers!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125