??? Vitalady Nature's Science Calcium Citrate 750 ???

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/08 12:55 am - San Jose, CA
You asked the same question above, and I answered it above. The RDA is based on intake, not absorption, which is highly variable and impossible to calculate.  Take at least 1500 mg of calcium CITRATE daily, or more if your surgeon recommends it for you, and adjust if your labs indicate you need to adjust.  Empirical evidence is far more useful than guessing.
vitalady
on 5/20/08 2:15 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
It tested at 29% elemental calcium--not by them.

I am planning to replace this product when I have met with 2 vites mfrs during this trip, actually.

BTW, I didn't know this originally. Once I did, I wasn't sure how to make it just vanish without offering any replacement for it. So, I will be asking for a replacement of naked cal cit, labeled exactly, precisely as in 1 pill = XXX mg elemental calc, etc.

The trick will be getting capsules to contain much. You're right that it is bulky, hence why ppl find the tabs so huge. Compressed nice 'n tight. So, I suspect I cannot get much more than 250mg elemental into a cap. And ppl want caps.

So, I hope to resolve this by August

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

krm223
on 5/22/08 11:31 am - TX
Michelle,  Thanks for the clarification!  I see that you hope to have it resolved by August, by that do you mean that you'll have an answer?  I was just wondering how long it will take for you to carry the new calcium product.   Also, I am taking the UpCalD that I ordered from you.  How many should I be taking?  From what I have read, I am not getting the full 500 mg of calcium from the citrate.  I am so confused again, and I had thought that I had my calcium confusion cleared up. 
Kristy mommy to 2 pekingese furbabies!