Recent Posts

BOBOKITTY
on 11/10/03 9:46 am - MD
Topic: I am so worried about my Lisa Cohen
Hi all, I am on here begging and pleading for anyone that has answers to please give them. My new best friend Lisa is having trouble with low blood pressure. She was Hypertensive before surgery and last week her PCP put her on a diuretic and now she is experiencing light headed and dizzy spells. The surgeon said to eat and drink as much as she can. I am so worried about her so if anyone has some answers or suggestions please email her and let her know something. Thank you all in advance. Adriennehttp: //www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=c1060374511
Diane P.
on 11/10/03 4:14 am - Fort Washington, MD
Topic: Help - I need a support group in the worse way
Hello I had my surgery on Friday, September 26, 2003. It was a tremendous success and my recovery was a breeze. I have already lost 40 pounds. However, I need a support group in the worse way. I've stopped the protein drinks (they make me sick) and my weight loss is starting to crawl. Can you help me. I am my own worse enemy with food/drinks and I need help before I fall back into my old ways. Thanks.
BOBOKITTY
on 11/9/03 1:12 am - MD
Topic: Hardest Thing I had to Ever do In My Life
Hi All, I just need to vent to my family if you do not mind. Going into this surgery I knew that it would not be easy. I did lots of research and went to support groups and read articles and looked at TV shows that talked about it. In doing all of this and knowing the risk and the life altering change I still felt the need to have this surgery, this was something I wanted to do without fail. However although I do not regret having the surgery nor can I yet say I would do this again, I just need to keep it real when I say that having this surgery was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and maintain in my life. Without the sole support of my new best friend Lisa Cohen and my longtime friendship with Lisa Dunlap, I have no idea what I would do. Lisa Cohen and I had our surgeries about 2 weeks apart so the things I am going through now she is so helpful with, my day does not feel complete unless I talk to her. Lisa Dunlap is almost a year out and she gives me that energy and the reassurance that things will definately get better. I said all of that to say this when you are going through this, it is so important to have someone to support you. My husband and my best friend Lea and my sister Rochelle are all having this surgery and I am so glad that I am the Guinea Pig of the circle, because when they have surrgery they will have all of me. I will have already worked the kinks out for them, I will be there to help them from day one, I will be able to encourage them when they go through the depression and the battles of what to eat and what not to eat.. This is a remarkeable journey that all of the post ops have began and all of the pre ops are thinking of taking, it requires hard work and determination and most of all support from someone who understands and is willing to be there for you when you need them. This message board is such a great place to come and read and get advice, sometimes it can be a little intimidating on the main board because people will just beat you down and make you feel bad about your questions. Just thought that I would let all of you know that we are all in this together, weither i know you or not I plan to be an advocate and a great support person for anyone that needs me, I call people on a daily basis, i send numerous emails daily and I call my Lisa C. daily to see how her day is, this surgery is life altering for me and i intend to be as supportive as i can to anyone that just wants to talk. You can email me directly at [email protected] and I will take your number and give you mine and just know that I am here for you all, anytime of the day and night, because i do not want anyone to feel they are alone. This is a winning battle, not one without a strong and hard fight. I just want you all to know that support is the key to success. I hope that i have not offended anyone with what i have said, it was never meant to come out that way. i also want you all to look for regular post from me, because anytime I learn anything new that is helpful I will be on here sharing it. Thanks for listening and good luck to US ALL!!!!!
Kimberly B.
on 11/4/03 1:28 am - Corbin, KY
Topic: Help a fellow member/VOTE for EMMA
Hi guys... A fellow OH member is trying to win a contest to get her much needed plastic surgery paid for... she needs us to all support her and vote for her to win the contest. So tell everyone! Here is a the message that she posted on the main board: From Emma Blanchard: Hi i have lost 130 pounds from gastric bypass and I need my skin fixed. I entered a seattle radio stations extreme makeover contest and the voting begins today. The winner will be decidied onlin and so far I am losing. I need the wls community to vote for me. the show is thetmanshow.com you can click on the link that says extreme makeover contest and vote for me Emma. Thank you for your support Emma the site is thetmanshow.com and my name is Emma if you could ask your friends and family to vote for me to that would help. Thanks Emma So I hope that you will all take the time to put in your vote and support our fellow OH member EMMA. You can also get there by clicking on the following link: http://www.thetmanshow.com/photos/planned/xmo2k3.html
Paige R.
on 10/22/03 9:51 am - Las Vegas, NV
Dawn F.
on 10/22/03 7:58 am - Greer, SC
Topic: New Weight Loss Surgery Group
I have created a new place online for weight loss surgery support. I am going to have this surgery in 2004. So I wanted to start this group for us. It is free and I hope you visit. The web site is: http://groups.msn.com/WeightLossSurgeryGroup
michelle S.
on 10/21/03 6:52 am - washington, dc
Topic: Just beginning the process..
Am frustrated and a bit anxious. About the change my health provider insurance (Fed Employee) in order to speed things along and insure coverage of the procedure. Just ready to have things happen. Interested in a support group - pre and post of folks in the DC metro area. Are there any out there?
J R
on 10/14/03 3:52 am
Topic: Emoticons instructions from ObesityHelp.com
How to use emoticons in your posts: When you are posting a new message, notice the blue box called "message emoticons". Click on the down-arrow in that box. You will see a drop-down box with characters on the left and the resulting images on the right. Type the characters on the left into your message. When this message is posted the characters will be replaced by the corresponding image. So, for example, for an angel graphic (:angel:) you would type ":angel:". We are taking steps now to make this an easier process... so look for enhancements soon.
Dream A.
on 10/11/03 2:21 am - MA
J R
on 10/10/03 8:46 am
Topic: Hi Guys! NEW emoticons added by the ObesityHelp IT Team!
Hi Guys! The ObesityHelp IT Team added some new Emoticons to the state messageboards today! We hope you enjoy! The new ones are called: angst, argue, barf, bath, bed, clap, cool, crazy, deal, fairy, mad, gossip, help, horse, juggle, laugh, love, secret, sexy, shrug, sleep - ObesityHelp IT staff :clap:
Most Active