Recent Posts

MICHELLE M.
on 11/30/03 4:05 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: I need Answers Please!!!
Hello Adrienne. I really can't identify with you as a POST_OP individual because my surgery is Dec 9th. But, as a PRE-OP individual I can identify with you. You and myself are what people would call "SELFLESS' we think of or self less than we do other. Don't get me wrong we love our selves but, we or should I say I have this heal the world, make everyone feel good attitude. This is a great quality but, it does make it harder for us to accept complimates, advice or just a kind word. Because we are so busy with our superwomen cape on. But, it comes a time when we need to concentrate and learn to accept the center of attention. Don't get me wrong I love attention but, I don't mind sharing it. So, hopefully, I did not ramble but, to sum it up you ARE NOT ALONE. MICHELLE M-DC
BOBOKITTY
on 11/28/03 7:08 am - MD
Topic: I need Answers Please!!!
Hi All, It's that time again. Yes, for me to vent. My support systems are in order, my weight is pulling off fast, but fast in who's eyes? Not mine that is for sure. Oh you look so good, to who? Not me. I know you feel good, No not really. Sure I can eat just about anything and not get sick, at least for now. Be thankful they say, oh but I am thankful. So what are you trying to say they ask? I am doing this thing because I have no choice at his point I say. But in the meantime can anybody tell me when does it get better. I have talked with my therapist, I have talked with my Lisa C. I have talked with Lisa D. I have talked with Wendy, I have talked with Debbie and tons of others. But when do I feel better I ask. Now what I need to know is the real deal. I need to talk to someone who is having the emotional difficulties that I am having. I am not sure what is wrong, is it just me, am I the only one that feels this way. I mean I read post after post after post and I hear all the glitz and glamour, but I have yet to come across anyone that has really displayed any real emotional trauma. If you are out there please respond because I need to talk. If you do not wanna tell your story on air please email me privately. I just need to know am I the only person that feels this way. I can give very good advice, and I can give lots of support and say encouraging things and mean them from the bottom of my heart, but I can not take my own advice, I am terrible at being my own support person. I am not trying to scare and new post ops or pre ops, this does not affect everybody the same, but for me it is beyond anything I could have evr conceived mentally and before I loose my mind I just need to know is it me? Am I the only person that feels this way? Adrienne
Bill S.
on 11/27/03 6:13 am - ASHBURN, VA
Topic: RE: Info. on Dr. Hazem A. Elariny
Hello Lisa, Doctor E did a Lap DS on me Sept 2002... Was 417 now 250 I have only good things to say about this Doctor (I had no problems) I will warn you that appointments frequently run late, (very busy) Allow plenty of time, one to two hours... But don't let this stop you, he is busy for a reason ! Bill S
dina L.
on 11/25/03 10:16 am - laurel, MD
Topic: RE: D.C. Area Support Groups?
Hi Im still waiting insurance approval, but i would be intrested in going to a DC support group. I live in Laurel and go to the Pasadena group which is a nice group.
Jennifer ..
on 11/25/03 1:40 am - Washington, DC
Topic: D.C. Area Support Groups?
I had a lap RNY Sept. 9. Though I live in D.C., my surgery was with a surgeon in New York, N.Y. I've been going to as many of the monthly support groups my surgeon holds as I can (when they coincide with my checkups), but I'd love to start going to a bariatric surgery support group in this area. Can someone (or some people) post information about area support groups on this board? Thank you, Jen.
antiques55
on 11/13/03 2:20 am - Somewhere, MD
Topic: ATTENTION DR. LIN PATIENTS!!!
It is my understanding that Dr. Lin does not have a support group for his gastric bypass patients. I have been speaking with another of Dr. Lin's patients and we would like to approach Dr. Lin about beginning a support group. If you are interested, please email me and let me know (1) where you believe a convenient location would be; (2) what days/times would work best for you and (3) what you would like to get out of the supoort group. If you have never been to a support group for another surgeon, the formats vary but typically there is a short information session for pre-op patients followed by either a Q&A session with long-term post-ops or a presentation by a nutritionist or other guest speakers (plastic surgery docs, psychologists, trainers, etc.). I look forward to hearing from you!
L G.
on 11/12/03 5:39 am
Topic: Info. on Dr. Hazem A. Elariny
Hello All, I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with Dr. Hazem A. Elariny, he is a bariatric surgeon from Arlington, VA. My primary physician recommended him to me, but I have not heard much about him. If anyone has heard anything about him or is a patient of his, please contact me. Thank you in advance for your help with this. Lisa (LG/PeaceFroggie)
IKIA B.
on 11/11/03 6:32 am - WASHINGTON, DC
Topic: HELP ME! I NEED A GOOD DR. IN THIS AREA THAT DOES NOT HAVE A LONG WAIT!
I HAVE STARTED THE PROCESS WITH DR. GREENE, IN REGARDS TO ALL OF THE TESTING AND I ONLY HAVE TWO MORE DR. VISITS TO HAVE 6 MONTHS UNDER A DR.'S CARE. IN DECEMBER, DR. GREENE CAN NO LONGER TAKE MY INSURANCE. DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD DR. IN THIS AREA THAT WILL NOT MAKE YOU WAIT A LONG TIME FOR AN APPOINTMENT, AND SURGERY DATE? THANKS IN ADVANCE
Margie L.
on 11/10/03 12:46 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
BOBOKITTY
on 11/10/03 9:52 am - MD
Topic: I am so worried about my Lisa Cohen
Hi all, I am on here begging and pleading for anyone that has answers to please give them. My new best friend Lisa is having trouble with low blood pressure. She was Hypertensive before surgery and last week her PCP put her on a diuretic and now she is experiencing light headed and dizzy spells. The surgeon said to eat and drink as much as she can. I am so worried about her so if anyone has some answers or suggestions please email her and let her know something. Thank you all in advance. Adriennehttp: //www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=c1060374511
Most Active