Recent Posts

Kricket
on 3/15/04 4:27 am - St. Paul, MN
Topic: A note from one of our Members
Hello Everyone! This was emailed to me and I wanted to pass it on to you. Very inspirational! :clap: Have a great day! Love ya all! Photo Processing Manager - [email protected] ************** Hi to all of you! This is a great web site. It gives me the extra encouragement that I need. I log on daily to see what new photos are added and read their stories. I have been overweight since I was about 13-14(Parents divorce, moving from an affluent neighborhood out to the boonies and puberty hitting all at the same time). Oh, we also moved in the middle of a school year. I never felt like I fit in at my new school. Having a bad first marriage definitely didn't help me either. I now have a wonderful, supportive husband and hope to accomplish my weight loss goals. I live in Western North Carolina. I have no health insurance, so having surgery is out of the question, I'm using the web site for my weight loss inspiration. I'm slowing gaining control of my appetite. Every time I start to feel out of control I log on and get renewed inspiration from all the people on the site. When you have the surgery you have no choice but to eat small portions, so that is what I have been doing, cutting my portions way down and eliminating a lot of wrong food choices. I really feel that I can do it this time. Thanks so much! Betsy [email protected]
kyratai
on 3/14/04 5:28 am - Charlotte, NC
Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 3:15 am - New York, NY
Topic: Calling all African American Pre and Post ops.....
I am Valerie and I am writing a book about WLS as it relates to the Black perspective. I am seeking persons interested in having their before and after pictures (or just before or just after) featured in my book. The book will be a wonderful tool for educating others about this surgery. Some of the topics discussed include: Barriers to Surgery, Co morbidities Prevalent in the Black Community and also has a cookbook section which converts recipes for some soul food favorites into something post-ops and those seeking to eat healthier can eat. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my project. VAL
Joe S.
on 3/13/04 1:04 am
Topic: First Ever National ObesityHelp.com Event! May 15th - 16th 2004 Arlington, Tx.
What: 2-Day Event for Pre and Post-op Patients. (Families and supporters are welcome too!) Please visit the event website at: http://www.obesityhelp.com/texas2004/ Where: Wyndham Hotel, Arlington Texas. When: May 15 -16th, 2004 Why: For the past 6 years Obesityhelp.com has served the nation with its online support of obesity surgery and obesity resource center. Now, the trusted name in the industry is bringing the resources and help to you through national conventions. Come and be a part of the first national convention May 15 - 16th 2004. · Special Announcement: Free Weight-loss Seminar Sunday 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Come and learn about weight-loss surgery. What types are there? Is it safe? Does it really work? If you have questions the free seminar on Sunday will be just what you are looking for. · Special Announcement: Free Plastic Surgery Seminar Sunday 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. This is perfect for those who have already undergone weight-loss surgery. (Post-ops) Come and meet with plastic surgeons in your area or just get more information. How Much: Cost for early registration is $20 each. ($25 at the door) Special "Buddy Ticket" $30 [Bring a friend and save $5.00 per person!] Pre-ops can enjoy Sunday admission for free from 1:00-5:00 P.M. To take our event survey click here: http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/surveyform.php To register now click here: https://www.obesityhelp.com/SecurePayment/PatientRegistration.php Special Needs: ObesityHelp understands that some individuals may require special assistance. Please contact our Convention Manger at (866) 957-4636 Fun things to do: Meet the founders of ObesityHelp.com. Socialize with peers. Convention is just 1 mile from Six Flags over Texas. WLS Fashion Show. Clinical information talks. Free door prizes. Show off your before and after photos. Help with printing your WLS Success cards. Help with getting your photos on the web. Discounts on ObesityHelp store items (books, t-shirts, magazines, etc..). Group photos. Free samples of nutritional products. WLS Luau party pool-side. Pictures and information on the gathering will be featured in the OH Magazine and the website. What to bring: + You're before photos + You're after photos + Your camera + Extra money for food. Flying to the Conference? ObesityHelp has secured special airfare rates available with the American Airlines. Anyone attending the May 15 - 16, 2004 conference should book airline tickets with American Airlines Group Reservation Department at: 800-433-1790 Please use meeting code: S8454AV Booking directly with American Airlines guarantees you the following: 5% discount on lowest possible fair. (Less than 30 days booking notice) 10% discount on lowest possible fair. (31 days advance.) 10% discount on lowest possible fair. (Upgraded seating -Business class, First etc) Hotel accommodations available at the Wyndham Hotel, Arlington. Room cost $99.00 includes free shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel is located immediately adjacent to the Arlington Convention Center. No need to travel far. Free local travel with 3-mile radius of the hotel. No need to rent a car! And now for the best part Six Flags over Texas is a mere 1-mile away meaning you can never get bored! (Free shuttle service included to Six Flags!) VISIT THE WEBSITE HTTP://WWW.OBESITYHELP.COM/TEXAS2004/ OR CALL (866) 957-4636 Thank you, ObesityHelp Outreach Department.
Linda S.
on 3/12/04 12:12 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
Kirk Thompson
on 3/4/04 1:08 am - Martins Ferry, OH
Topic: Need your help with a Luncheon style buffet Need Ideas! Thank you
I would like some help from the Members here on Obesityhelp. Ponder on this and respond with your favorites or any ideas you may have on what you would love to be served at a Luncheon Style Buffet. Things that us WeightLoss Surgery People could eat. Such as cheese, cottage cheese, entre's such as sausage balls, hamburger steak, etc.... Any help would be greatly Appreciated. Thank you AMOS Family Obesityhelp Staff Kirk Thompson aka CROW
Ronda E.
on 3/3/04 1:43 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: OH Staff Member Interviewed by MSNBC
Hi everyone, we are very excited to report that our very own Kirk Thompson is featured in an article on MSNBC. We are very proud of you Kirk! Check it out: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3972656/ Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp.com Public Relations
Kathy C.
on 3/2/04 6:07 am - Someplace, MI
Topic: Angel on Duty
Greetings!!! Could you please take a minute and post some well wishes for my angelette?? Kimmer's surgery is less than a week away and she needs all the support she can get!! THANKS http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=K1073655588
Linda S.
on 3/1/04 10:42 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
Topic: Seeking Volunteers for OH Event Planning Staff (All 50 States)
Do you like to throw a party? Then OH is looking for you! The outreach department of OH is looking for volunteers nationwide. Regional and National meetings are currently being planned. You can be a part of the fun! Volunteers must posses some basic knowledge of event planning and or hospitality industry. Interested parties should be able to research suitable venues for meetings in their area (region) to hold 50 - 500 persons. Strong written and verbal ability a plus. Researching local support group's leaders contact information for easy coordination with events planning staff. If you would like to be a part of the OH Events Staff Please Contact Bo McCoy Outreach Manger at [email protected] or visit the volunteer section of your profile. Sincerely, Bo McCoy Outreach Manger [email protected]
TX M.
on 2/25/04 5:40 am - Tx
Topic: Ever thought about volunteering?
If you have extra time and would like to volunteer here at ObesityHelp, please go to the link below. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/howucanhelp.phtml ObesityHelp always wants and needs volunteers. We LOVE our volunteers, they are what makes this site work so well. Tonight, Larry the Member Services Manager and I will be training our newest volunteers for the Welcoming Team. We will also be having another one soon. If you are interested in this please let me know and I can tell you a bit more about it. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me. [email protected] Thanks and have a Fantastic Day!!! Theresa Cloutier Client Services Obesityhelp.com :wave:
Most Active