Recent Posts

Cathy W.
on 8/10/11 11:57 pm
Topic: OH's New York Event.....You want in?
Would you like to attend OH's New York Event on October 21 and October 22, 2011? 

We will "Let You In".  Click below to post on the forum and you might win a FREE TICKET:

YES, I WANT IN

GOOD LUCK! 

Cathy

Sunshine16
on 8/5/11 2:36 am
Topic: Hey Guys, is there a DC Support Group???
Just curious to know if there is a DC Weight loss support group in the area?
Sunshine16
on 8/5/11 2:35 am
Topic: RE: I'm a loser in D.C.
Congrats on your weight loss.  I'm moved from Atlanta in November, and I have lost 110, could be more but its my own fault.  I had Dr. Smith. 
ktharp89
on 8/1/11 6:38 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Topic: NY OH Conferance Caravan??
 Hello DCers,

I REALLY want to go to the NY OH Conference thats October 21 and 22....but I am crazy poor. I thought it would be fun if a bunch of us all drove up there together and got a few hotel rooms. It would save money on gas and hotel expenses. I also know my husband REALLY doesn't want to go so I need some company. I would absolutely love to meet you all and think it would be so much fun. 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

small20634
on 7/17/11 9:23 pm - Southern, MD
Topic: RE: DC NE Union Station here
Hi! I would love to join you if your still interested.
thompsonnj
on 6/13/11 10:37 am - Fort Washington, MD
Topic: RE: Best insurance for WLS for Federal Employees
 I also have Blue Choice Care First Federal and was approved in 24 hours.  I switched my PCP to GW and am seeing Dr. Zayn Copeland who is wonderful.  I've also seen Dr. Gabriel Rivera who is excellent too.  I choose Dr. Juliet Lee as my surgeon because a friend had her as her surgeon and she raved about her.  Good Luck.

blackchristianswan
on 5/29/11 11:30 am - MD
RNY on 03/19/12
Thanks so much for the information. I have Carefirst and working with a surgeon at GWU--Dr. Brody. The staff are so great. I'm hoping to have my surgery in Aug or Sept.  We are working on the insurance paperwork and finishing my weight management visits.
Glad to see you are succeeding at weight loss.
nfarris79
on 5/29/11 10:00 am - Germantown, MD
 Check into BCBS - not sure of the Fed plan but CareFirst approved my RNY in 24hrs! I recommend my PCP to anyone, he's awesome and has 2 offices - one in Silver Spring (Ferrera Ave?) and one in Germantown - Dr. Piyush K Patel. He was the first medical professional to ever support my WLS.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

anninva
on 4/29/11 12:52 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: Dr. Brian Long at Sibley -- any opinions??
Agree totally with all of the above.  i also went to a bunch of seminars.  Sibley was first and the one where i felt the most comfortable so i went with that feeling.  Staff is fantastic, as mentioned above they set up all you appts, their fee is only $600 and includes all pre- and post-op appts with Dr. Long/Brian Wallace (FNP, director of the program and all-around good guy who has been in the bariatric biz a good long time) at the time of your approval, they have a great relationship with ins cos can i was approved within 2 days (depends on the ins co, but his surgical practice staff deals with them and i think they probably deal with a lot of different ones.  3 visits with NUT (post-surgery), 3 visits with trainer, and 3 visits with psych are included in their fee, etc., etc.  very attentive, kind people, and it's a small enough program that you get oodles of support and attention!!!

Loved them!  Totally encourage you to go with Sibley.  feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ursamajor31
on 4/28/11 4:01 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Brian Long at Sibley -- any opinions??
Hello, I am hoping to have my vsg with Dr. Long in October. I'm completing my 6 months on medical weight loss supervision and working with a nutritionist at Sibley.  I would like to hear an update on both of your experiences with Dr. Long and Sibley.  So far, I am pleased.  The staff is friendly, knowlegeable and helpful.
Becoming a better me ... one step at a time!
Most Active