Recent Posts

Ronda E.
on 6/11/04 3:00 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Have you used a Coach to help with WLS?
Has anyone used a coach to help them through the weight loss surgery process? My name is Nikki Johnson, and I am a staff member at Obesity Help. I am looking for people to interview for a story in ObesityHelp Magazine: both people who have used coaches, and coaches who are well-trained and experienced. Please contact me by email NikkiJohnsonOH: : [email protected]
TX M.
on 6/10/04 3:23 am - Tx
Topic: Momma Angel
This post was written by Sharon Neva.......... I do not know exactly what to tell you or how to say it. Knowing this moment would come, does not make it any easier. Our beloved Momma Angel has been taken to her rest--her long journey is over. Her 2 daughters and their husbands, the hospital chaplain, and her own minister were there (he just happened to be dropping someone off at the hsp) Those that she left behind were- her husband, Butch; 2 daughter, 2 son, 10 grandchildren; several foster children, many relatives; and many friends- including her AMOS family. Her daughter, Rebecca, wanted me to pass along that she got the first packet with all the MB posts and Paula's surgery page and she spent all night reading those messages to Momma Angel. The family didn't know how much she was loved by all of us and they comforted the family so much. She was so thankful that she could read them and let Momma Angel know just how much she was loved. Becky said that Paula did smile while she was reading them. The words that you posted meant the world to the family. Rebecca said that you all have become "little angels" to the family. A memorial will be held Sunday. If you are in the MI area and would like to attend, please email me for the information. If you would like to send a card or do something for the family email me for details of the families wishes. During the time of her illness, there have been countless tributes and expressions of affection and respect. How do we explain the number of posts? Because of her unselfish giving, perseverance, kindness, compassion, and her ability to make all OH members that she encountered, however fleeting, to feel special and loved. Momma Angel was the first person to reach out to most of you when you signed up to OH. She came along when many of you needed her the most, a time when you were feeling alone and scared of the journey ahead of you. She gave many the faith of the possibility to achieve their goals. Now is our chance to say thank you to Momma Angel for the way she brightened our lives, even through her own pain and adversity. She made it her life's ambition to make sure each and every member knew that they were not alone and that someone cared. Join me and promise Momma Angel that we will carry on her mission and keep her dream alive. As we post our thoughts, we come here to mourn, but also to give thanks, to remember what a difference her life meant, and to celebrate the person Momma Angel was, and all she gave to so many ObesityHelp members. Sharon Neva
TX M.
on 6/9/04 11:51 pm - Tx
Topic: Any Notifications about Momma Angel
Sharon Neva has been working closely with me and OH to co-ordinate any and all notifications about Momma Angel. We feel that one person making the posts is best so everyone will know who to look for. Sharon will first be making notifications that we need to make via phone calls to some people who are very close to Paula- we don't want them reading such news on a post. It will be posted on the main board as soon as all Momma Angel's family and close friends have been notified. Once it is posted on the main MB, it will be continually refreshed so that people won't have to scroll to another page to see it. It will also be posted on all the state boards. The official notification will be made by Sharon or by OH staff. If you do receive some word via email or phone, please do not post it- as it is either a rumor or all notifications have not been made. Please feel free to email Sharon or me ([email protected]) if you wish to confirm. We am trying to be as sensitive to the family as possible. Rebecca (her daughter) is completely worn out, physically and emotionally and Sharon is not calling her everyday, as she said she would let her know when there was any word. We all love Momma Angel and pray she pulls through. Let us continue to send her positive thoughts, prayers and keep her "work" here on OH alive. She made it her life ambition in recent years to make sure each and every person going into surgery know that someone cared. I hope you all will help us to keep that dream alive. Thank you, Theresa Cloutier Obesityhelp.com Staff
TX M.
on 6/9/04 10:51 am - Tx
Topic: Kricket Update!
Hi all... Kricket wanted me to let you all know she came through her plastic surgery just fine... Her surgeon told her she won't recognize herself... she told the Doc that was just fine by her... grin... she hasn't lost her sense of humor. She is in recovery now... surgery started at 1:30 and was done by 7:00 ... so just about what the doctor told her to expect. Thanks for all your well wishes... Kricket was overwhelmed by all of your wishes. Blessings to you all, Chellie
Kricket
on 6/8/04 3:31 pm - St. Paul, MN
Topic: Who's nervous?
Hello Everyone! I'm down to hours now and acting like it! I'm glad it's not me driving me to the hospital in the morning! I wanted to thank all of you for your responses, emails, MB posts and Surgery Page Posts! I've always known people on this site were the best! I am also very concerned for Momma Angel. She's one of the best. Please don't forget her in your thoughts and prayers. I hope to be able to pop back on soon... even for a quick, "Hi there.. it's over!" I remember the Mac Truck feeling from almost five years ago.. I'm expecting it to hit home again in a few hours. I took some before pics for ya all (I just LOVE my Camera w/ the timer so I can do all these myself!) and will show them when I'm brave enough... as I did my original. Before I go to sleep, it will be my sons, parents, two best friends (Larry and Joe) and my AMOS Family I'll be thinking about. Joe's already teased me about not being on-line will be worse than the pain of the surgery. I'll be staying at Larry's house.. since his house isn't on third floor like my apartment is. I called him tonight to get his password to download his dial-up server... lol.. he also knows where I'll want to be when I'm awake enough. He mentioned me not being able to be on-line when he is. I told him, I knew that, but I was bringing my laptop for all my AMOS info. I told him I was sure I wouldn't be able to take up too much of his on-line time. He said, "don't worry about it." He'll give up his on-line time for me! Can't find many friends like that! Well, Joe's on the hide-a-bed sawing logs. When Larry's here, he laughs as he knows when it's him in the living room, I don't stay up very long once he's sleeping. "Hey, great way to get you off the computer to go to sleep!" he says... Joe.. he just says, "I don't snore!" Yeah, that's why even the ghosts spend the night in my room! I'm told I will be in surgery 5-6 hours and I go in at 11 AM Central Time. Chellie will update you as soon as she hears something.... even if it's one state at a time (as she did her last post to ya all). Well, I'm going to try to sleep... if not, I'll be back out here later, I'm sure. Love ya all!
Chellie
on 6/7/04 9:42 am - PA
Topic: Let's wish Kricket a speedy recovery! Plastic Surgery here she comes!
Hi all... Kricket is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday morning... Would you all please take a moment and wish Kricket a safe journey and a speedy recovery as she moves on to her next milestone...Plastic Surgery! The link to her page is: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=:o)954561787 Thanks you all... I know she appreciates all the support you guys give her! Chellie
Kricket
on 6/6/04 11:06 am - St. Paul, MN
Topic: Mama Angel, thinking of you!
Mama Angel, thinking of you! Mama Angel, We've never AIMed or talked or emailed personally, but each has always known of each other's presence and I've always known about all that you've done for the Members of the AMOS site, always making sure no one is forgotten when that scary time is approaching. I'm thinking of you now Hon and hoping for your speedy recovery. You've helped many see, there really are angels amongst us. Get back to the Boards soon and God Bless you! Love ya! Kricket Photo Processing Manger ObesityHelp.com
Larry I.
on 6/4/04 8:06 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Dr. Simpsons latest chat!!!!
Come join Dr. Simpsons chat scheduled for 4pm pst, 7 eastern. Look forward to seeing you there. Thanks, Larry Irvin Member Services Manager
quiana P.
on 6/3/04 5:52 am - edgewood, MD
Topic: RE: Any plans this weekend??
your pictures are very nice!!! dont forget to check out the md board for any plans for the weekend we are more active in our site and activities.
quiana P.
on 6/3/04 5:45 am - edgewood, MD
Topic: anglea are you out there?...
anglea are you out there???? hi just visiting dc's state board looking for my curious new wls friend angela who i know is visiting the site but has not become a member yet. welcome her on when she finally arrives, please!!! angela are you out there??? have you became a member yet? put yourself on and your profile!!! hey ang.evans.com
Most Active