Recent Posts

Jenni H.
on 8/2/04 8:20 am - Cape Girardeau, MO
a. R.
on 8/2/04 5:46 am - Burtonsville, MD
Topic: RE: DC Convention
HI Izdawnie 2 I would like to come. You might want to query the Maryland and the Virginia State Boards too. I happened on this one by accident. Aristea
Kirk Thompson
on 8/2/04 4:00 am - Martins Ferry, OH
Topic: Just a Friendly Hello to you all
Hey Everyone just wanted to say hi to everyone, I'm hitting all the state boards just wanting to introduce myself if you already don't know me my name is Kirk Thompson. I been a member for 4 years been a volunteer for over 2 years and now I work for Members Service Dept.. I just wanted to say good luck to you all having surgery soon and those who have had it I hope you have a wonderful journey like I have these past 33 months, I have lost 450 pounds and got my life back and Everything is possible with the help of this tool that the surgeons have given us. Take care everyone and I'm always here if ever needed. Obesityhelp.com Members Service Rep. Kirk Thompson aka CROW -450# Lost
Kricket
on 7/28/04 10:29 am - St. Paul, MN
Topic: WOW! 5 Years!
Geez... my AMOS family doesn't let me forget anything... especially when it's anniversaries. Five years today... WOW! Time goes by. I know I did a bunch of blabbing yesterday... today.. how's my life changed in five years? Naw, I won't go into that... you all hear the same things over and over on that. My biggest excitements are hearing people call me "skinny", "tiny"... etc. That's something I'm still not used to. In my head, I'm still a big person. When I look in the mirror.. or walk by the window... I still can't believe that's me I'm seeing. Being in Wisconsin recently (and I'm still getting to all your pics..I've been trying to get magazine stuff together so we have the B&A section for the next issue) and meeting some of the people who my Team and I work for and seeing their excitement of the possibilities of being in the magazine... it's all undescribable. It's fun and exciting. We put a lot of hours into getting the pics done for all of you. To finally put faces and bodies and personalities to those Thank Yous is invaluable to the work we all do. Well, as you all can see... there are many who gain weight after a few years. It's a warning we all hear, it's talked about in magazines and TV shows. I'm glad I'm one who can beat those odds. I'm glad I can be an example that it doesn't HAVE to be that way. The tool is still there... keep using it... don't give up on yourselves... you can all beat the odds as I and many others have. Don't graze... don't drink w/ meals (I still don't drin****il 45 mins after eating)... follow what you're taught and what your doctor tells you to do. I eat chocolates. Hershey Kisses are my SIN. I love them! So, don't w/hold on yourself, or as in dieting, you'll go so long w/out.. then overdue 'cuz the craving is so bad. In between meals.. drink lots. As they say, many times when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty... so I always try the water first. If I'm still hungry, then I'll eat something. My passion seems to be cottage cheese and fruit... right now.. blueberries. When they're out of season... canned fruit... non sweetened... my kids don't even eat that Heavy Syrup stuff. I'm known for saying, "I gotta get my protein." I actually feel sluggish w/out it. Well, I'm off to getting pics for the magazine... then Wisconsin pics scanned and sent back.... please get those approval forms in.. please include your Member ID... this is listed under your name on your profile. Have a great day and I love ya all! :kiss: Photo Processing Manager - [email protected]
Elle Felts
on 7/28/04 4:28 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Topic: ASBS Walk from Obesity
All OH friends -- Below is the information for "our" walk. The 'walk' is a Nationwide event. Please go to www.walkfromobesity.com to find the event in your area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information or have any questions regarding the MD event. -- ASBS Foundation Walk from Obesity WHO: Regional bariatric programs working alongside the ASBS (American Society for Bariatric Surgery) Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to research into causes, prevention of, and treatment for obesity. WHAT: Walk from Obesity - a nationwide event to increase awareness of the life-threatening implications of obesity and raise funds for research into the causes, prevention and advanced treatments for the disease WHEN: Saturday, September 18, 2004 Registration 8-10AM or in advance Walk begins promptly at 10AM WHERE: Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium Parking Lot A HOW: To Register: Go to www.walkfromobesity.com/baltimore/index.php Print and fill out forms. Also available at event. Mail or bring $25 registration fee to the event. T-shirt included in fee. To raise pledge dollars, a form is also located on the web site. Please make check payable to: ASBS Foundation Walk WHY: 58% of Maryland adults are overweight or obese. (CDC BRFSS, 2002) 29% of low-income children between two and five years of age in Maryland are overweight or at risk for overweight (CDC PedNSS, 2002) The obesity rate among Maryland adults increased by 62% from 1990 to 2002. (CDC BRFSS, 2002) ***For Further information contact Bob West at 443-849-6260
Pamela A.
on 7/27/04 3:49 am - Indian Head, MD
Topic: Optimum Choice
I have optimum Choice and when I called they stated that my policy didn't cover this procedure. I was really disappointed and ready to just die. I am so tired of this weight but I am going to fight the weight and the insurance companies. I really feel picked on and violated. If a smoker who developes lung cancer can get treatment for his habit then why is it so hard for a person such I am who's so overweight can't stand for 30 minutes can't get treatment to live? I am aware that the government has considered Obesity a "DIEASE" so why is it so hard to get help especially when you pay for your own health insurance, when you "REALLY" need it? What's the use? I need anyone advise and/or help that they can give me to fight this issue. Email me at [email protected]
izdawnie
on 7/26/04 12:23 am - Haynesville, Me
Topic: DC Convention
Hey Guys and Chickies, As you all know the DC Convention will be held November 5th through the 7th, we are trying to put together an event schedule..... and it sure would help us to know how many of you are planning to attend so we can get some final touches put on this.... Thanks guys, Love ya's, Me
Madame
on 7/25/04 3:01 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Topic: Hello Loosers
Hi Everyone, I am 7 weeks post-op and have lost approx. 35 lbs so far. My recovery has been smooth so far and I'm progressing well with my food and water. I realize that while this is a very private and personal life change it is impossible to do it alone. I am grateful for all the messages and information you all have posted here. At times it has been the one thing that has kept me sane through the past 6 months. I have created a message board to provide support and pass information to people in the Washington, DC metro area and those here on the east coast. Please stop by and show some love. Look forward to meeting you. http://p073.ezboard.com/bchoosingandloosingtolive Sharon
MISSY Y.
on 7/24/04 2:53 am - LOTHIAN, MD
Topic: Question????
Does anyone know Dr.Fredrick Brody. HE works out of medical faculty associates George Washington University. He is suppose to do my Lap surgery on august 16th but i can't find anyone who knows or used him before. If you could please help. Thank You missy
Larry I.
on 7/23/04 8:22 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Dr. Simpson's Chat 4pm PST Join us now!
Come join us 4 pm pst 7pm est for a lively discussion that will address all of your pre and post op needs live from the knowledgable Dr. Terry Simpson. Thank you. Larry Irvin Member Services Manager Obesityhelp.com
Most Active