Recent Posts

Larry I.
on 9/1/04 9:53 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Dr. Rodriquez Chat this evening 8 pm EST/ 5 PST
Tonights Surgeon Chat will feature Dr Rodriguez of Texas Bariatric Center. Please join us for this special event at 7pm CST.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/04 6:43 pm - CA
Topic: OH National Convention!
National ObesityHelp Conference Los Angeles ObesityHelp is pleased to announce its 2nd National Conference of 2004. This special event will be held October 29 - 31, Universal City, Hollywood, California; At the Hilton Universal Hotel. Theme for the event: "Come to Hollywood and be a Star!" To get more information about the 2nd national event please visit the events website. http://ohmemberevents.com/oct.htm Do you have a new life?Or want one?Come to our Los Angeles Convention and enjoy classes designed for the New You! The first step to the new YOU: is weight lose surgery and now that you are losing the weight, what's next? If you are still considering surgery or if you are in the approval process, our break out sessions are designed to give you the information and hope to help you as you prepare for the new you! Your second step to the new YOU: Learning "HOW TO THINK LIKE A THIN PERSON" Have you ever wondered how the other side thinks? Well come and learn their secrets as we unravel their hidden truths together - You will walk out of this class in amazement on how simple it really is and you can now say "I understand now..." The third step to the new YOU: is to visit our "THE NEW YOU ROOM" Here you will get the chance to try all kinds of new things, to add to the new you look. So make sure you come to the National Convention, October 29 -31, 2004. You don't want to miss this special national event To see pictures of our first national event click here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/TexasSupportGroup/ Read reviews of the Texas event:· "The most wonderful thing of it all was that perhaps for the first time, I truly felt accepted... and what a wonderful feeling that was: to be allowed to play among the stars." · "I had a great time with you... I feel like I have met so many new friends... you guys are great." · "Thank you all for letting me be ME!" For more information about this or any other event Please contact me at 866-957-4626 ext. 385 It's a Lifstyle! Monica Ganz, Ph.D.
iuz2befat
on 8/29/04 11:50 pm - BROOKLYN, NY
Topic: NYer needs help!!!
Good Morning all you wonderful people out there. Today is Marcia big day please give her your great support and sign her page, she is there at the hospital by herself due to her angel is now in florida and boyfriend is in London and Mom is taking care of her daughter for she needs alot of care. Please send all your well wishes, prayers and speedy recoveries to her so she can read them and feel the love http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=L1090247495 Thank you all you wonderful people in making her feel loved. and Please please this is my first angel duty sign that page so I wont fail her. Christine
izdawnie
on 8/26/04 5:33 am - Haynesville, Me
Topic: Announcement
You all know that I have been playing behind the scenes on Obesity Help... Well I am really excited to announce that at the Baltimore walk I will be walking with Mr. American Idol himself Randy Jackson.... Yes Randy is going to be walking with us at the Baltimore walk for Obesity, this is so exciting... I just had to tell you all.... and invite you all to walk with us... here are the details, so put on your walking shoes, and lets get ready.. OMG what am I going to wear???????????? ASBS Foundation Walk from Obesity WHO: Regional bariatric programs working alongside the ASBS (American Society for Bariatric Surgery) Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to research into causes, prevention of, and treatment for obesity. WHAT: Walk from Obesity - a nationwide event to increase awareness of the life-threatening implications of obesity and raise funds for research into the causes, prevention and advanced treatments for the disease WHEN: Saturday, September 18, 2004 Registration 8-10AM or in advance Walk begins promptly at 10AM WHERE: Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium Parking Lot A HOW: To Register: Go to www.walkfromobesity.com/baltimore/index.php Print and fill out forms. Also available at event. Mail or bring $25 registration fee to the event. T-shirt included in fee. To raise pledge dollars, a form is also located on the web site. Please make check payable to: ASBS Foundation Walk WHY: 58% of Maryland adults are overweight or obese. (CDC BRFSS, 2002) 29% of low-income children between two and five years of age in Maryland are overweight or at risk for overweight (CDC PedNSS, 2002) The obesity rate among Maryland adults increased by 62% from 1990 to 2002. (CDC BRFSS, 2002)
B. McCoy
on 8/24/04 7:22 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: LA National Event Registration Underway!
Obesityhelp is please to announce its 2nd National Conference of 2004. This special event will be held October 29 - 31, 2004 at Universal City, Hollywood, California; At the beautiful Hilton Universal hotel. The theme for this event is: "Come to Hollywood and be a Star!" To get more information about the 2nd National event please visit the event website. http://ohmemberevents.com/oct.htm Do you have a new life? Or want one? Come to our LA Conference and enjoy new education for the new you! 3 Easy Steps to the NEW YOU: Your first step to the new you is weight loss surgery; now that you are losing the weight, what's next? If your still considering surgery or if your in the approval process our break-out sessions are designed to give you the information and hope to help you as you prepare for the new you! Your second step to the new you: Learning "HOW TO THINK LIKE A THIN PERSON?" Have you ever wondered how the other side thinks? Come and learn the secrets of "thinking thin" as we unravel the hidden truths together. You will walk out of this class in amazement at how simple it really is to "think thin". You can look forward to saying "I understand now..." Your third step to the new you: visit our "THE NEW YOU ROOM" where you will get the chance to try all kinds of new things, to add to look of the NEW YOU. So make sure you come to the National Convention, October 29 -31, 2004 you won't want to miss a minute of it! To see pictures of our first National event click here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/TexasSupportGroup/ Read reviews of the Texas event: · "The most wonderful thing of it all was that perhaps for the first time, I truly felt accepted.. and what a wonderful feeling that was: to be allowed to play among the stars." · "I had a great time with you.. I feel like I have met so many new friends.. you guys are great." · "Thank you all for letting me be ME!"... Coming Events in 2004! --Tulsa, OK., August 28th, 2004 --Los Angeles, CA., October 29 - 31, 2004 --Washington DC Area, November 6th, 2004 --Knoxville, TN, November 13th, 2004 You won't want to miss a minute of this special National Event in October! For more information about this or any other event please contact me at 866-957-4636 ext. 365 Sincerely, Bo McCoy
JBeverly
on 8/24/04 3:19 am - Somewhere in, MD
Topic: RE: Surgeons in the DC area
Hello Dawn, I have chosen Dr. Chebli to perform my lap BAND surgery. He's located in Fairfax, VA 703-620-3211. J
Nicole H.
on 8/23/04 10:48 am - AAFB, MD
Topic: RE: Surgeons in the DC area
My surgeon was Joseph Afram in DC. He is wonderful and his program is totally comprehensive. I would give the office a call and talk to Sally or Mandy-they are super nice people. Dr. Afram has performed over 3000 GBS and never lost a patient. Hope this helped! I had surgery on 8/12/04
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/04 8:18 pm - CA
Topic: 2004 Convention Call
Convention 2004 call to members! We are getting very excited here at OH, as we are getting ready for the biggest and best National Convention that you have ever seen. We are preparing for all of you to join us for 3 days of learning, sharing, recognition, and friendship. The only thing missing right now is YOU! Have you registered for the event yet? Now is the time to go to: http://ohmemberevents.com/losangelesindex.htm and register - We will be looking for your name to be added to the list of the wonderful people who will be attending the Convention. ObesityHelp National Convention 2004 October 29-31, 2004 Universal Hilton, Universal City, CA (right outside of Los Angeles) Visit the website and get all of the details! If you have any questions feel free to contact me at: 866 957-4636 x 385 Or e-mail me at: [email protected] Looking forward to meeting and sharing time with you! It's a lifestyle~ Monica
Larry I.
on 8/17/04 9:43 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Dr Babineau of Tyler Bariatrics. Chat starts at 5pm pst 8 est
Come Join this informative chat and ask the doc all your pre op and post op questions. Thanks, Larry Irvin Member Services Manager
Dawn R.
on 8/15/04 12:58 am - Glenn Dale, MD
Topic: Surgeons in the DC area
This is my first post ever. I am looking into the lap band and am looking for a surgeon in the area. I work in DC and live in Suburban MD. Please let me know if you know of someone in the area who has experience with this. Thanks.
Most Active