Recent Posts

BigDaddyD
on 9/10/11 10:40 am - MD
VSG on 01/18/12
Topic: RE: Hey Guys, is there a DC Support Group???
Thanks!  I'm out of town this Tuesday, but will plan on being there next.
Ale L.
on 9/10/11 10:31 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 No its at the Medical Faculty Building on 22nd and I on the 6th floor.  I believe they call it the ambulatory care center.

BigDaddyD
on 9/10/11 10:24 am, edited 9/10/11 10:25 am - MD
VSG on 01/18/12
Is that in the GWH main hospital building (900 23rd Street, NW)?
Ale L.
on 9/7/11 9:36 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
I go to the support group at GWH...it meets every tuesday evening on the 6th floor from 6:30 to 7:30 and I love it!

Ale L.
on 9/7/11 9:19 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
i go to the suport group at GWH and I LOVE IT! as the post said earlier it meets every other tuesday on the 6th floor at 6:30. I had my surgery in Chicago and have been here since 6 weeks out and have been going to this group for the past 2 months and i think its great!

Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:49 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
I'd love to get the newsletter!
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:40 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Topic: RE: Frustrated
On October 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM Pacific Time, md131s wrote:

What type of insurance do you have?

Call your provider or ask your PCP to refer a surgeon locally. I started my WLS journey in October  2009 when I sat in on one of my surgeons seminars. My first consultation was a month later. My surgeon presented me with a laundry list of pre-op work which I am fortunate that he did. This ensured  us both that I had no pre-existing  health issues.

The  whole process took from October 2009 to July 2010. The wait was well worth it because I learned so much about my health and wls. Also I learned so much from the nutritionist that I did not know. Although you've done your research, the surgeon and staff are your best source of information.  And the time goes by so fast. Since you have your mind made up, find a good surgeon, go to the seminar,  schedule first appointment,  sit back and enjoy the ride.

One more thing.. The surgeon that you choose should provide resources that incorporate behavior modification, nutrition and adequate follow-up.

M.

Do you still have that laundry list of pre-op work?  I'd be interested in seeing it. 
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:30 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Topic: RE: Dr. J. R. Salameh--Anyone??
I am looking into him as well and I have my first appointment scheduled with him for the end of the month.  From every review of him that I have read, he is wonderful and highly recommended. 
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:25 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Topic: RE: NY OH Conferance Caravan??
I am new to OH and the whole surgery thing. What do they do at these conferences? Is it worth my time in going if I have not had surgery yet? 
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:21 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Topic: RE: I'm a loser in D.C.
I have not had the surgery yet and I am curious how long the post op follow up is.
Most Active