Recent Posts

izdawnie
on 10/6/04 3:36 am - Haynesville, Me
Topic: Reminder: Let's Do It...
Dear Guys and Chickies, We are happy to announce that the DC Convention has been created, and we have done all there is to do... Any questions about registrations please email [email protected] It will be held November 5th through the 7th at the Marriot in Bethesda Md. Phone: 1-800-228-9290 (Main Reservation Line) and (301) 897-9400 (Local Reservation Line) The Marriot is located at 5151 Pooks Hill Rd. Bethesda MD 20814. So those of you that are driving in to the hotel, you can mapquest it at this address..... Hotels rooms are $99.00 a night, make sure you tell them you are with Obestity Help...... You can fly into Reagan International Airport, get on the Metro to Bethesda, and at the Bethesda Metro you will have shuttle service to the Hotel..... and also the Marriot will provide shuttles to the Metro train station for DC.... The Convention itself will be held in DC at the Faternal Order of Police Lodge.. It is in the heart of DC, and just blocks from Chinatown, The Police Memorial, Viet Nam Memorial, and our new WWII Memorials... The FOP Lodge is located on Judiciary Square in the heart of DC.... SO far...... Friday Night we will be at the hotel, where we all will be meeting. Then we will hop the metro and go into Union Station, and see DC by the moonlight on the trolley, we have to be at Union Station at 6pm, and the tour starts at 6:30pm. Here is the Link where you can call and make your reservations for the Trolley Ride and read all about it: http://shophta.com/acb/stores/15/product1.asp?SID=15&Product_ID=54&kc=y TOUR DETAILS: Monuments by Moonlight Operating Hours: Daily - Departs at 6:30pm during fall and winter months. Departs at 7:30pm during spring and summer months. Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Tour Length: 2 1/2 hours Boarding Location: Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE Tour Stops: Iwo Jima Memorial, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, Korean War Memorial. Notes: Advance reservations are required and must be made by calling (202) 832-9800 between 8:30 am-5:30 pm. For more info call (202) 832-9800. Historic Tours Ticket Booth - Washington DC Saturday we will take the metro into DC, to the Seminar at the Lodge, where we will hear from our guest speakers, different Dr's speaking about the surgery, and what to expect after. We will also hear from Plastic Surgeons, and Nutritionists, through out the day, and then Dinner and Dancing to follow. 6pm to 10 pm Sunday we will be having a Breakfast Buffet at the hotel, and then will be going back into DC, we are trying to arrange for some tours through DC, and Arlington at the Pentagon... The cost for Admittance is 30.00 per person, and that does include Dinner and Dancing... Parking will be on a limited basis those of you driving in for the day are urged to park at a metro station and use mass transit. Those that are coming to the hotel you can park your vehicles there and the hotel will provide shuttle service to the Lodge and DC.. an all day pass for the metro, runs about 6.00.... Those of you flying in once again, you want to fly into Reagan Airport, and take the metro to the Bethesda stop and then the Marriot Shuttle to the hotel... Sounds harder then it really is.. Hope you all can make it, we are really going to have a great time... And it is going to be so cool to finally get to hug a lot of you in real time... Love ya's, Val, Art, Wendy, and Lisa The registration buttons are now up..... http://www.ohmemberevents.com/obesity+help+events+november+schedule.html I tried calling the trolley place myself, and there is only a dollar or two difference between the private rate and the group rate.. and the man there that I talked to, is really out of the loop, so maybe is better if we just call and book privately. Cut off date for registrations for this Obesity Help event will be October 22nd. We have to give the Lodge 2 weeks notice for the food, and beverages to be served. We will how ever take registrations after that date, but the admission at the door will be 45.00 per person instead of 30.00. So is best to register now, if you plan on coming.... Thank You again.....
Kricket
on 10/3/04 12:13 pm - St. Paul, MN
Topic: Photos for Magazine Needed
Hello to All! I hope you're all doing well! I of course seem to have disappeared again, w/ school back in session, it's my "never bored" time of life that many of you have heard me talk about for years. :-) Right now, we're looking for good, clear before and after photos for those who have lost at least 100# for possibilities in the magazine for our B&A section. I know the magazine is always looking for stories, but the Photos Dept. is only looking at the B&A section. If you're interested and have clear photos that we can use, please send them to me at [email protected] w/ the subject B&A Magazine Photos and w/ the authorization form, or a note that you've sent it another way (fax or mail). If we already have one on file, let me know. I won't use any photos until I have that form on file. You can find a copy of it under Reaching Out... If you need one mailed to you, let me know and I'll do that also (I do them in batches, so some might have requested and don't have theirs yet.) The photos need to be clear, good size and quality and full body...or knees up. We want our magazine (and site) to look great! I'd love to clean up all the blurred photos and I have volunteers doing that. We currently are doing OK on volunteers for processing photos, but we do need help, someone who has the patience to help keep an eye out for broken links and also look for inappropriate photos, as well as good photos which can be used in the magazine. Send me a note if you're willing to help out on this type of "spy" work. I do know therPe are many photos on the site which are great for the magazine. We just don't have the crew to look through them all anymore. So, please let us know you're there and that you are interested. Oh, and just 'cuz you send it all in, there are no guarantees that you'll get added to the magazine. I don't make final decisions, I just submit to the higher ups. We also only use 8 photos per issue, so you might be added, but not right away. And if you are added, I always try to get a free copy of that magazine out to you. Have a great night! Love ya! :kiss:
B. McCoy
on 10/1/04 11:50 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: Register early and save $15 per person!
ObesityHelp National Convention Date: October 29th - 31st, 2004 Location: Los Angeles, CA Universal Studios Hilton 555 Universal Hollywood Drive Universal City, CA Hotel cost $124 plus tax per night. To register your room call 818-506-2500 Use convention code OBI to get the discounted room rate. Hurry as double rooms are filling up fast; you don't want to miss this end-of-the-year special event. The Cost if you register before October 15th $60 per person. After October 15th the cost goes up to $75.00 So, Hurry and SAVE $15.00! To register visit this website http://www.ohmemberevents.com Agenda for the weekend: Friday night: 6:00 pm until Join us for out special costume "Your The Star" party. Come dressed as your favorite Hollywood Star Or Halloween Character. Bring your cameras you won't want to miss all the "star studded" action on Friday night. The Friday night fun also includes a live 80's band for dancing nostalgia! Saturday: Break out sessions all day. Topics that will be covered: Plastic surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Men's only Group, Women's only Group, Post-op Nutrition, The New You, and so much more. Please see the Event website at http://www.ohmemberevents.com for a complete list of breakout sessions. The Saturday fun continues as many are going to visit the Universal City Walk. To see more about Universal City Walk use this website address. http://www.citywalkhollywood.com/ Sunday: Breakout sessions continue on Sunday with a special Post-op Fashion Show to conclude the day! To register immediately click here http://ohmemberevents.com/obesity+help+events+los+angeles.htm Sound like fun? Why not invite your entire support group to attend. Special group rates are available Until October 15th, 2004. Your group of 5 or more can register for just $50 each! Are you a support group leader and you want additional training and support from Obesityhelp? Obesityhelp is sponsoring a special support group leaders workshop on Friday October 29th from 1pm - 5pm just for support group leaders. If you are interested in this special training please email Monica Ganz, Ph.D.at [email protected] Sincerely, Bo McCoy
Supportgroup4WLS
on 10/1/04 9:47 am - Potomac Falls, VA
Topic: PLEASE JOIN US
Please join our online support group. This is open to anyone pre or post op. This is a great forum if you have any questions or concerns. We have all been there. To join please send an email to: WeightLossSurgerySupportofNorthernVirginia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
B. McCoy
on 9/30/04 6:26 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: Register before October 15th and save $15.00!
Your are invited to attend the 2nd National Obesityhelp Convention of 2004. The event is being held in Los Angeles on October 29 - 31, 2004 at the Hilton Hotel, Universal Studios. The event is open to all those interested in weight loss surgery including pre-op,post-op, family supporters, and friends! Event details and information: ObesityHelp National Convention Date: October 29th - 31st, 2004 Location: Los Angeles, CA Universal Studios Hilton 555 Universal Hollywood Drive Universal City, CA Cost if you register before October 15th $60 per person. After October 15th cost goes up to $75.00 Hurry and SAVE $15.00! Agenda for the weekend: Friday night: 6:00 pm unitl Special costume "Your The Star" party. Come dressed as your favorite Hollywood Star or Halloween Character. Bring your cameras you won't want to miss all the "star studded" action on Friday night. Saturday: Break out sessions all day. Topics that will be convered: Plastic surgery,Bariatric Surgery,Mens only Group, Womens only Group, Post-op Nutrition, The New You, and so much more. Please see the event website for a complete list of breakout sessions. Sunday: Breakout sessions continue on Sunday with a special Post-op Fashion Show to conclude the day! To register immediately click here http://ohmemberevents.com/obesity+help+events+los+angeles.htm Sound like fun? Why not invite your entire support group to attend. Special group rates are available until October 15th, 2004. Your group of 5 or more can register for just $50 each! Are you a support group leader and you want additional training and support from Obesityhelp? Obesityhelp is sponsoring a special support group leaders workshop on Friday October 29th from 1pm - 5pm just for support group leaders. If you are interested in this special training please email Monica Gantz at [email protected] Look forward to seeing you all at the convention! Bo McCoy Outreach and Events Manager [email protected] 866-957-4636 ext 365
Ronda E.
on 9/30/04 5:12 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: New Issue of ObesityHelp Magazine
The latest issue of ObesityHelp Magazine is now available. We have some wonderful stories that you will not want to miss. OH staff writer, Barbara Bietz, writes In the Still of the Night, which deals with overcoming and understanding NES- The Night Eating Syndrome. For all of you who tuned in to watch MTV's True Life, "I'm Obese" you will remember OH member Amy Williams who writes Amy's Butterfly Journey, about her own emergence from a cocoon into a beautiful butterfly as she gives great detail about living her life with Lymphedema and Obesity. Other stories included in this issue are: The Extreme Champion - By Niloo Sarabi - After losing over 200 pounds, Anthony Rufo returns to the wrestling ring. Vita and VitaGuy - By Jeannie Colter-Married 16 years, this husband and wife team have dedicated their lives to helping other post-ops stay nutritionally balanced.   Vitamin D-The Sunshine Nutrient-By Jacqueline Jacques, ND-Vitamin D may be the most unique nutrient that we currently consider to be essential to human health. While called a vitamin, the nutrient is really a hormone. Catching up on Life-By Anna M. Ruiz-For years, Anna didn't care if she died fat.  However, she found hope in her surgeon and refinanced her home to have the surgery she felt would save her life.   Medicare Coverage of Obesity-By Nikki Johnson-Read the facts about Medicare and learn what you can do to create real change!   Mother and Daughter-Supporting Each Other Through Weight Loss Surgery-By Ronda Einbinder-Dana Berkholz and her mom Marian Valentine create their own support system after having weight loss surgery on the same day, with the same surgeon. Strategies for Maintaining Weight Loss for Life-By Sharon K. Jacob, RD-Weight Loss Surgery is a tool to help you lose weight. Can you maintain that weight loss years after surgery? Registered Dietitician , Sharon K. Jacob talks about how you can be a successful post-op patient.     An Angel Helped Me Find My Way-By Pam Phillips-A newspaper article about another woman's 200 pound weight loss sparks a friendship and inspires Pam Phillips to lose a little weight of her own. (Ok, alot of weight!)   Coming Full Circle-By Kimberly Nease- You won't want to miss this heart to heart and inspirational article.  Kimberly Nease writes about her struggles with obesity and bipolar disorder. If you are not a subscriber, you will want to subscribe today! Six issues for only $25 http://www.obesityhelpmagazine.com :type:
TX M.
on 9/29/04 12:07 am - Tx
Topic: Surgeon Chat: Dr Dallal
In an effort to ensure that all our members are well informed about Weight Loss Surgery, ObesityHelp will be hosting a one hour question and answer chat session on Wednesday, October 29th at 7:00pm PST/ 10pm EST. Our special guest will be Dr. Ramsey M. Dallal from The N.E.W. Program. To learn more about Dr. Dallal and the procedures he performs, please visit his profile at ObesityHelp.com http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Ramsey+Dallal+ljd.html or visit his website at http://www.thenewprogram.com/. The chat room will be open 30 mins prior to the beginning of the chat. At that time, the moderator will start taking questions in preparation for when the surgeon arrives. To access the Surgeon Chat room, simply click on this link http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/chatroom.phtml At the top of this page, you will see the announcement that the chat is in progress. Click on that banner and it will route you to the surgeon chat room. Once you log in, you can type out your questions in the free form area provided and hit enter. Your question will have been submitted to the Moderator and will be answered by Dr. Dallal in the order in which it was received. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please feel free to contact me. Theresa Cloutier Member Services ObesityHelp.com AIM Name: OhTheresaC
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/04 5:49 pm - CA
Topic: National Convention Class List!
The National Convention in los Angeles is soon approaching - It is being held on October 29-31 at the Universal Hilton in Los Angeles, California. Well you have been asking for it and now it is ready for you to see... The 2005 National Convention Class Schedule... List of class choices: The "New Me" Coping Strategies When Thin is to thin - Anorexia - Bulimia Massage Techniques Relaxation Techniques Boundary Issues - When and how to control them Building Self Esteem Lap band Surgery information Nutritional information post surgical When the "honeymoon" is over??? Depression & Pharmacology Men's ONLY group Women's ONLY group SUPPORT people ONLY group Exercise and Movement Care of your Bones and Muscles during your Journey Our New Nutritional Needs Post-op over plus year Cooking on the Go Protein First - Steps to success Life without Scales The "NEW YOU ROOM" Learning to think THIN What can I eat??? What's a protein?? Over 50 and Loving life! Chat with a Doctor: Plastic Surgeon: Dr. J. Timothy Katzen Bariatric Surgeon: Dr. Terry Simpson Dr. Brian Quebbman Dr. Ramsey Dallal Dr. Mal Flobi Psychologist: Dr. Monica Ganz Dr. David Engstrom Dr. Scott Boliver Dr. Donna Redmayne Chiropractor: Dr. Alan Forrest Nutritionalist: Dr. Jacqueline Jacques There are going to be so many choices and you will not know how to decide - so bring a friend and split the list - share with one another afterwards. We are looking forward to seeing all of you there. Also register now as the price goes up on October 15 to $75. Also the hotel is almost out of rooms - so do not wait... It's a lifestyle, Monica [email protected]
Cynthia D.
on 9/28/04 7:17 am - Richmond, VA
summewe
on 9/27/04 9:36 pm - Gambrills, MD
Topic: DC Convention Update
Posted by Val (Izdawnie): Dear Guys and Chickies, We are happy to announce that the DC Convention has been created, and we have done all there is to do... Any questions about registrations please email [email protected] It will be held November 5th through the 7th at the Marriot in Bethesda Md. Phone: 1-800-228-9290 (Main Reservation Line) and (301) 897-9400 (Local Reservation Line) The Marriot is located at 5151 Pooks Hill Rd. Bethesda MD 20814. So those of you that are driving in to the hotel, you can mapquest it at this address..... Hotels rooms are $99.00 a night, make sure you tell them you are with Obestity Help...... You can fly into Reagan International Airport, get on the Metro to Bethesda, and at the Bethesda Metro you will have shuttle service to the Hotel..... and also the Marriot will provide shuttles to the Metro train station for DC.... The Convention itself will be held in DC at the Faternal Order of Police Lodge.. It is in the heart of DC, and just blocks from Chinatown, The Police Memorial, Viet Nam Memorial, and our new WWII Memorials... The FOP Lodge is located on Judiciary Square in the heart of DC.... SO far...... Friday Night we will be at the hotel, where we all will be meeting. Then we will hop the metro and go into Union Station, and see DC by the moonlight on the trolley, we have to be at Union Station at 6pm, and the tour starts at 6:30pm. Here is the Link where you can call and make your reservations for the Trolley Ride and read all about it: http://shophta.com/acb/stores/15/product1.asp?SID=15&Product_ID=54&kc=y TOUR DETAILS: Monuments by Moonlight Operating Hours: Daily - Departs at 6:30pm during fall and winter months. Departs at 7:30pm during spring and summer months. Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Tour Length: 2 1/2 hours Boarding Location: Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE Tour Stops: Iwo Jima Memorial, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, Korean War Memorial. Notes: Advance reservations are required and must be made by calling (202) 832-9800 between 8:30 am-5:30 pm. For more info call (202) 832-9800. Historic Tours Ticket Booth - Washington DC Saturday we will take the metro into DC, to the Seminar at the Lodge, where we will hear from our guest speakers, different Dr's speaking about the surgery, and what to expect after. We will also hear from Plastic Surgeons, and Nutritionists, through out the day, and then Dinner and Dancing to follow. 6pm to 10 pm Sunday we will be having a Breakfast Buffet at the hotel, and then will be going back into DC, we are trying to arrange for some tours through DC, and Arlington at the Pentagon... The cost for Admittance is 30.00 per person, and that does include Dinner and Dancing... Parking will be on a limited basis those of you driving in for the day are urged to park at a metro station and use mass transit. Those that are coming to the hotel you can park your vehicles there and the hotel will provide shuttle service to the Lodge and DC.. an all day pass for the metro, runs about 6.00.... Those of you flying in once again, you want to fly into Reagan Airport, and take the metro to the Bethesda stop and then the Marriot Shuttle to the hotel... Sounds harder then it really is.. Hope you all can make it, we are really going to have a great time... And it is going to be so cool to finally get to hug a lot of you in real time... Love ya's, Val, Art, Wendy, and Lisa The registration buttons are now up..... http://www.ohmemberevents.com/obesity+help+events+november+schedule.html I tried calling the trolley place myself, and there is only a dollar or two difference between the private rate and the group rate.. and the man there that I talked to, is really out of the loop, so maybe is better if we just call and book privately. Cut off date for registrations for this Obesity Help event will be October 22nd. We have to give the Lodge 2 weeks notice for the food, and beverages to be served. We will how ever take registrations after that date, but the admission at the door will be 45.00 per person instead of 30.00. So is best to register now, if you plan on coming.... Thank You again.....
Most Active