Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/04 7:30 pm - CA
Topic: RE: DC Convention!!
Your $30 covers the seminar - dinner and dancing. What a deal. Monica
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/04 2:15 pm - CA
Topic: DC event - November 6
Hi all, Let me introduce myself, my name in Monica and I am the Director of events, Chapters and membership here at Obesity Help. I am so excited to be coming to DC for this great event. I am just like each of you as I too had weight loss surgery. I had surgery on January 14, 2002 - I started my journey at 451 pounds. That was then and now I have lost 266 pounds and I have my life back. Come and let me share how to change the way you think about food - Iwill also be teaching a class on "How to think Thin". You can come in just for the day or take advantage of all the fun things planned. I am looking forward to meeting all of the good people on the east coast. SUSAN MARIA will be coming and cooking for us. Come and meet her and hear her wonderful story. Hope you plan to come and share some time with us. Register online and make your plans to be there. Feel free to contact me if you ahve any question at [email protected] It's a Lifestyle! Monica Ganz, Ph.D.
Robin Knox (Cwalina)
on 10/15/04 12:44 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
Topic: RE: DC Convention!!
Do you know if the $30.00 covers the events/dinner/dancing for Saturday or is there an additional charge to come to the seminars? Can't wait to see the schedule - this will be my first OH convention and I'm looking forward to learning a lot. Thanks! Robin
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/04 6:35 pm - CA
Topic: DC Convention!!
Calling all interested members to the DC event! OH has planned a great day of training and special surprises. We are working on the schedule as we speak. We have confirmed that Susan Maria is coming to cook for us - What a treat you will not want to miss. She has so much to offer and you will want to hear eveything she has to say. So register now and plan on attending the best conference in DC. I have been told that you have the best members and I am coming out there to see and meet all of you. See you soon, Monica Ganz, Ph.D. 451/185/175
Larry I.
on 10/13/04 3:47 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Hope to see you there!
2 more days to buy your tickets at the current low price for LA heres what it includes: I'll be there who's w/ me? OH National event for 2004 Los Angeles California October 29 to 31, 2004 Universal Hilton Time is running out to register for this year's event. Cost is only $60 if you register by October 15 Registration After October 15 will be $75 You can register for one day if that would work better into your schedule: Friday night only for $25 Saturday for $30 Sunday for $30 If you are registering for only one or two days you must e-mail the registration information - name, address, phone, e-mail address and credit card information to: [email protected] You will receive your registration packet when you arrive and check in with ObesityHelp Here is our Convention Schedule -(subject to change) Friday: Chapter Leader (support group leader) training begins at 1:00 to 5:00 You must make reservations for this event with Monica Registration will open at 3:00 PM Vendor Booths will be open at 6:00 PM Grand Masquerade Ball starts at 7:00 PM to 11 PM 8:00 to 8:20 PM - Hear from Susan Maria with all of her cooking hints Live Music by Planet 80's Appetizers will be served Saturday: 8:30 AM - Vendors will open for you to visit them 9:00 AM - General Session and Welcome 9:10 to 9:30 - Bariatric Advantage Information 9:40 AM to 1:00 Break out Classes You can choose the class and topics that interest YOU 1:00 to 1:45 PM - Lunch will be served 2:00 to 4:30 PM - Break Out Classes 4:40 to 5:00 PM - General Sessions and drawings Classes you can choose between (subject to change) The "new me" coping strategies When thin is too thin - Anorexia and Bulimia Finding my Open Door Head Hunger Sabotage, Depression, Anxiety, and other post op demons Will I think I'm crazy? The Psychological evaluation and other pre op concerns. Massage and Relaxation Boundary Issues Building Self Esteem Lap band Procedure Information pre and post care Nutrition Post Care When the honeymoon is over - prepare for the longest plateau of your life Pilates for post care Cooking with Susan Maria Sticking with the program once you have lost The A B C's of Weight Loss Surgery Success Empower your mind Abuse and weight gain A, B, and C's of Nutritional needs Post op Exercise and Fitness Class Cooking on the GO Weighing less and moving more - how to pick up your pace The Most Important Change you can make is the quality of your life Learning to think like a thin person Life without scales Journey to OZ - Following the path to weight loss surgery Weight loss in Wonderland - advice from a caterpillar Visit with one of the following Doctors Dr. Katzen - Plastic Surgery Dr. Terry Simpson - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Ramsey Dallal - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Korman- Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Richard Lee - Plastic Surgeon Dr. Leport - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Jacqueline Jacques - ND Dr. Quebbeman - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Dallal - Bariatric Surgeon Sunday: 8:30 AM - Vendors will open for you to visit them 9:00 AM - General Session - on time drawing!! Don't be late. 9:15 to 9:35 - Vitamist will be sharing information about their product 9:40 to 10:00 - Lancaster Hospital Presentation 10:05 to 10:30 - Questcore will be sharing information with you 10:35 to 11:00 - Round table discussion 11:00 to 11:30 - Special Guest Performers 11:30 to 12:15 - Lunch is served 12:20 to 12:50 - Fashion Show time - come and cheer for you favorite stars 12:55 to 1:30 - Awards and weight spell up 1:30 to 2:00 - Closing and drawings Hope to see you all there!
B. McCoy
on 10/12/04 10:04 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: Full schedule for LA Convention with breakout sessions included.
OH National event for 2004 Los Angeles California October 29 to 31, 2004 Universal Hilton Time is running out to register for this year's event. Cost is only $60 if you register by October 15 Registration After October 15 will be $75 You can register for one day if that would work better into your schedule: Friday night only for $25 Saturday for $30 Sunday for $30 If you are registering for only one or two days you must e-mail the registration information - name, address, phone, e-mail address and credit card information to: [email protected] You will receive your registration packet when you arrive and check in with ObesityHelp Here is our Convention Schedule -(subject to change) Friday: Chapter Leader (support group leader) training begins at 1:00 to 5:00 You must make reservations for this event with Monica Registration will open at 3:00 PM Vendor Booths will be open at 6:00 PM Grand Masquerade Ball starts at 7:00 PM to 11 PM 8:00 to 8:20 PM - Hear from Susan Maria with all of her cooking hints Live Music by Planet 80's Appetizers will be served Saturday: 8:30 AM - Vendors will open for you to visit them 9:00 AM - General Session and Welcome 9:10 to 9:30 - Bariatric Advantage Information 9:40 AM to 1:00 Break out Classes You can choose the class and topics that interest YOU 1:00 to 1:45 PM - Lunch will be served 2:00 to 4:30 PM - Break Out Classes 4:40 to 5:00 PM - General Sessions and drawings Classes you can choose between (subject to change) The "new me" coping strategies When thin is too thin - Anorexia and Bulimia Finding my Open Door Head Hunger Sabotage, Depression, Anxiety, and other post op demons Will I think I'm crazy? The Psychological evaluation and other pre op concerns. Massage and Relaxation Boundary Issues Building Self Esteem Lap band Procedure Information pre and post care Nutrition Post Care When the honeymoon is over - prepare for the longest plateau of your life Pilates for post care Cooking with Susan Maria Sticking with the program once you have lost The A B C's of Weight Loss Surgery Success Empower your mind Abuse and weight gain A, B, and C's of Nutritional needs Post op Exercise and Fitness Class Cooking on the GO Weighing less and moving more - how to pick up your pace The Most Important Change you can make is the quality of your life Learning to think like a thin person Life without scales Journey to OZ - Following the path to weight loss surgery Weight loss in Wonderland - advice from a caterpillar Visit with one of the following Doctors Dr. Katzen - Plastic Surgery Dr. Terry Simpson - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Ramsey Dallal - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Korman- Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Richard Lee - Plastic Surgeon Dr. Leport - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Jacqueline Jacques - ND Dr. Quebbeman - Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Dallal - Bariatric Surgeon Sunday: 8:30 AM - Vendors will open for you to visit them 9:00 AM - General Session - on time drawing!! Don't be late. 9:15 to 9:35 - Vitamist will be sharing information about their product 9:40 to 10:00 - Lancaster Hospital Presentation 10:05 to 10:30 - Questcore will be sharing information with you 10:35 to 11:00 - Round table discussion 11:00 to 11:30 - Special Guest Performers 11:30 to 12:15 - Lunch is served 12:20 to 12:50 - Fashion Show time - come and cheer for you favorite stars 12:55 to 1:30 - Awards and weight spell up 1:30 to 2:00 - Closing and drawings Hope to see you all there! Bo McCoy [email protected] 866-957-4636 ext 365
Joe S.
on 10/12/04 2:56 am
Larry I.
on 10/10/04 4:17 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Los Angeles National Event Oct 29,30 & 31 Will you been seen?
Hello All just a friendly reminder that the National OH Convention is almost here and there are only 5 days left to purchase your tickets before prices go up. I have seen several members from the CA boards that have already said they were coming but this is a NATIONAL EVENT! Come one come all. Stand up and be heard let me know who's coming! Thanks, Larry Irvin Member Services Manager Obesityhelp.com
Kirk Thompson
on 10/9/04 12:02 am - Martins Ferry, OH
Topic: Please Read!
Three days of Support and Patient Education Guest Speakers Informational Seminars and Question and Answer Sessions How to be a successful WLS Preop and Post op Patient Learn about and try new bariatric products. Hey Everyone, the LA Event is just around the corner! The fun begins Friday, October 29th at 6:00p.m at The Universal Hilton Hotel in Universal City, California. That night, we will kick off our 2nd National ObesityHelp Convention with a Costume Ball and a live band, playing your favorite songs from the 80's. Come dressed as your favorite halloween character or movie star and share this fun filled evening with those who have traveled or are traveling the same journey. Saturday and Sunday will be jam packed with support and education, guest speakers and breakout sessions for both preop and post op individuals. On Sunday, to wrap up our event, we will hold a ObesityHelp Fashion Show featuring some very familiar faces. Time is running out, so don't wait to register for the event. http://www.ohmemberevents.com/losangelesindex.htm?D=081704 We hope to see many of you there!!!! *********************************** Register early and save $15 per person! ObesityHelp National Convention Date: October 29th - 31st, 2004 Location: Los Angeles, CA Universal Studios Hilton 555 Universal Hollywood Drive Universal City, CA Hotel cost $124 plus tax per night. To register your room call 818-506-2500 Use convention code OBI to get the discounted room rate. Hurry as double rooms are filling up fast; you don't want to miss this end-of-the-year special event. The Cost if you register before October 15th $60 per person. After October 15th the cost goes up to $75.00 So, Hurry and SAVE $15.00! To register visit this website http://www.ohmemberevents.com Agenda for the weekend: Friday night: 6:00 pm until Join us for out special costume "Your The Star" party. Come dressed as your favorite Hollywood Star Or Halloween Character. Bring your cameras you won't want to miss all the "star studded" action on Friday night. The Friday night fun also includes a live 80's band for dancing nostalgia! Saturday: Break out sessions all day. Topics that will be covered: Plastic surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Men's only Group, Women's only Group, Post-op Nutrition, The New You, and so much more. Please see the Event website at http://www.ohmemberevents.com for a complete list of breakout sessions. The Saturday fun continues as many are going to visit the Universal City Walk. To see more about Universal City Walk use this website address. http://www.citywalkhollywood.com/ Sunday: Breakout sessions continue on Sunday with a special Post-op Fashion Show to conclude the day! To register immediately click here http://ohmemberevents.com/obesity+help+events+los+angeles.htm Sound like fun? Why not invite your entire support group to attend. Special group rates are available Until October 15th, 2004. Your group of 5 or more can register for just $50 each! Are you a support group leader and you want additional training and support from Obesityhelp? Obesityhelp is sponsoring a special support group leaders workshop on Friday October 29th from 1pm - 5pm just for support group leaders. If you are interested in this special training please email Monica Ganz, Ph.D.at [email protected] Kirk Thompson aka CROW -450# Lost ObesityHelp Staff
Larry I.
on 10/8/04 8:44 am - Fullerton, CA
Topic: Dr. Simpsons Chat will begin in about 15 mins.
Come join us for Dr. Simpsons surgeon chat that will begin at 4pm pst and 7eastern. He is extremely informative and fun. Thanks hope to see you there. Larry Irvin Member Services Manager Obesityhelp.com
Most Active