Recent Posts

vwest
on 11/23/04 4:43 am - Bowie, MD
Topic: Where did you go for medically supervised weight loss?
Need recommendations of places to go in Metro DC for supervised weight loss. I live in the Bowie, Md area and would welcome any suggestions.
Ronda E.
on 11/18/04 1:06 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Do you have a sedentary youngster, or were you a sedentary youngster, who suffers from the disabling condition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)? There is not that much known about this syndrome, other than children who have a higher level of exercise are at lower risk. Sufferers, more often women than men, are often too tired to do normal activities and feel exhausted. If you have been diagnosed with this syndrome, or know someone who has been diagnosed, we would like to talk to you for an article in ObesityHelp Magazine. Please send an email to [email protected] and include your name, age, when you were diagnosed, what you are doing to treat the syndrome and your phone number or email address so I may contact you for further questions. Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp Magazine Assistant Editor/Public Relations :type:
Frances A.
on 11/17/04 11:58 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: Group for WLS Legislation in DC
Hi, I was wondering if there's a DC legislative group for WLS? I understand that our neighbors (MD & VA) have something on the books stating that if a physician deems it medically necessary, the insurance company is required to pay for the weight loss surgery. With that said, I want to find out whether a legislative action group has already been created in DC (similar to the one in MD - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MD_WLS_Legislative_Action_Committee/). Also, is anyone aware whether a bill has already been submitted to the D.C. Council? Thanks for you help, Fran
LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 11/17/04 11:00 pm - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
Topic: Fannie Mae 17th Annual Walkathon in DC (3 miles)
For those in DC and surrounding areas, here is a great opporuntity to get some exercise and help a great cause. Did you know that on any given day, approximately 14,000 people in the Washington metropolitan area are homeless? Nearly half are families and one third are children. You can make a difference by joining the Fannie Mae Foundation and thousands of other walkers for the 17th annual Help the Homeless Walkathon. Date: Saturday, November 20, 2004 (rain or shine) Time: The Walk begin at 9:00 a.m. at the National Mall. REGISTRATION: Begin at 7:00 a.m on Pennsylvania Ave. NW bewteen 3rd and 4th Streets. $25.00 for adults and $15 for youth ( 25 and under). Each registered participant will receive a T-shirt at the Walkathon. Location: The Walk starts at the National Mall between 4th and 7th Street NW. Take metro: Green/Yellow lines to Archives-Navy Mem'l Station or the Red line to Judiciary Square Station
Kirk Thompson
on 11/16/04 10:45 pm - Martins Ferry, OH
Topic: Need assistance in paying for your WLS or Plastic Surgery?
ObesityHelp is pleased to announce that tonight, Nov 17th at 9:00p.m EST/6:00p.m. PST we will be hosting a one hour question and answer session with Advanced Patient Financing. Advanced Patient Financing is a company who assists prospective Bariatric and Plastic Surgery patients in getting financing. The chat room will be open 30 mins prior to the beginning of the chat. At that time, the moderator will start taking questions in preparation for when the APF representative arrives. To access the Surgeon Chat, http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/chatroom-premod.phtml visit our chat room, and at the top of this page, you will see the announcement that the chat is in progress. Click on that banner and it will route you to the chat room. Once you log in, you can type out your questions in the free form area provided and hit enter. Your question will have been submitted to the Moderator and will be answered by the APF Rep in the order in which it was received. Kirk Thompson aka CROW -450# Lost Member Service Team Leader Obesityhelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/04 6:04 pm - CA
Topic: Support Group - training
ObesityHelp is proud to announce that we are about to start training the new Chapter Leaders on November 29, 2004 and would like to count you in that group. If you have ever expressed an interest in being a Chapter leader or have just wanted to help people. This is for you. If you are interested in starting an ObesityHelp Chapter please e-mail me back ASAP with you name, address, and phone number to: [email protected] We will be mailing the training packets out with the training schedule right away. All training will be conducted in a conference phone in room. There are three sections to the training. All instructions will be included with your manual. If you responded to this already and did not get a response from me please send me an e-mail to me directly as I lost a number of e-mails. Please feel free to contact me at 866 957-4636 x 385 if you have any questions or concerns. It's a Lifestyle, Monica Ganz, Ph.D.
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/04 6:04 pm - CA
ObesityHelp is proud to announce that we are about to start training the new Chapter Leaders on November 29, 2004 and would like to count you in that group. If you have ever expressed an interest in being a Chapter leader or have just wanted to help people. This is for you. If you are interested in starting an ObesityHelp Chapter please e-mail me back ASAP with you name, address, and phone number to: [email protected] We will be mailing the training packets out with the training schedule right away. All training will be conducted in a conference phone in room. There are three sections to the training. All instructions will be included with your manual. If you responded to this already and did not get a response from me please send me an e-mail to me directly as I lost a number of e-mails. Please feel free to contact me at 866 957-4636 x 385 if you have any questions or concerns. It's a Lifestyle, Monica Ganz, Ph.D.
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/04 6:03 pm - CA
Kricket
on 11/10/04 12:32 pm - St. Paul, MN
Topic: Before and After Photos
There was a question about B&A photos for the gallery. So everyone knows this is basically the rules for that.... Eric nor I have ever said standing only for B&A Photos. I don't know where this is written, it's not true. And we've always requested from knees up... we just don't want a face shot only. And some don't have a knees up type of photo for before... what my letters have always stated to members are, "You might not have a full body for a before photo, but you've lost 100#... come on.. show it off! You can always take the current/after photo!" There are many photos on there w/ people sitting. Those are OK. Eric's favorite type of photos are where the person is in the same position in the after shot that they were in the before shot... and some after shots are even taken next to that same tree, or same railing, or same fireplace or in the same chair. Those are great for comparisons on how well you've done, but they have never been required. I apologize for confusion. Please, if there's ever any questions on any of this, instead of starting wars amongst yourselves, please, always come and ask me first. I don't seem very visible these days.. I'm taking three classes again and am finally getting that diploma :grad: I've been waiting and working so hard for (next step, the AAS, in ONLY six classes), but I'm always here for you. I might not get back to you the same day, but I will get back to you.. or one of my assistants will, if they can help you. If they can't help you, then my door's always open. Love ya! :kiss: Photo Processing Manager - Photos to [email protected] & Questions or concerns to [email protected]
lisa C.
on 11/9/04 11:17 pm - owings mills, md
Topic: Maryland event is almost sold out
For those of you planning to attend the Maryland one day event, we are almost sold out. Go to www.nobesitytour.com for all the details and registration information. See you there, Lisa
Most Active