Recent Posts

Ronda E.
on 12/14/04 4:12 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: New Issue of ObesityHelp Magazine
The smiling face of life coach Rhonda Britten, from NBC's daytime show Starting Over, is featured on the cover of the latest issue of ObesityHelp Magazine. ObesityHelp assistant editor, Ronda Einbinder, speaks candidly with Rhonda about her daytime show and about the fears we must overcome to move forward with our lives. You will also be thrilled to read about musician Carnie Wilson, who spoke with Tammy Colter prior to the news of her pregnancy, about her upcoming album and cookbook. We bring you an update on the "Subway Guy" Jarrod Fogle and introduce you to ObesityHelp member Jesse Lewis who gives readers the male perspective on weight loss surgery. We also include delicious holiday recipes and the latest information regarding the changes with insurance and weight loss surgery. You will not want to miss this latest issue! If you are not already a subscriber, log onto http://www.obesityhelpmagazine.com to subscribe. Happy holidays from the media team at ObesityHelp Magazine :type:
B. McCoy
on 12/10/04 5:35 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: ObesityHelp Cruise!
Dear Member: DON'T MISS THIS BOAT! Our motto for WLS has always been, "Making the Journey Together!" We're packing up that motto--along with all the fun, information, and camaraderie that go along with every ObesityHelpTM Event--and taking to the high seas for a journey you don't want to miss. The 2005 ObesityHelp Conference will be aboard the Diamond Princess on July 30-August 6, 2005. The journey takes you roundtrip from Seattle through southeast Alaska's Inside Passage. Explore the arctic wonders of Alaska in the summertime. Touch your tootsies to the tundra--watch for bears, whales, and eagles--and (if conditions are just right) gaze in awe at the Northern Lights. http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/obesity+help+events+alaska.htm Itinerary: July 30 Seattle July 31 At Sea August 1 Juneau, Alaska August 2 Skagway, Alaska August 3 Tracy Arm Scenic Cruising August 4 Ketchikan, Alaska August 5 Victoria, British Columbia August 6 Seattle Add-ons (for a little bit more, you can): Juneau Explore the rainforest - yes, the RAINFOREST ... in Alaska! Fly out to go fly-fishing Yell "Mush" to your dog sledding team Take a helicopter to go strolling on a glacier Enjoy the freshest fish you may ever eat at a salmon bake Skagway Follow the footsteps of history along the Klondike Gold Rush Trail Go panning for gold Explore the Canadian Yukon Climb and rappel the granite walls of White Pass Glide silently into the Alaskan wilderness on a kayak Ketchikan Visit a native Eskimo village Discover Ketchikan by horse-drawn trolley Cheer on your favorite lumberjack in an all-out competition Paddle your canoe around and through the rainforest sanctuary Immerse yourself in Alaska's underwater wonders - go snorkeling Rates for the 7-day cruise start at $899 per person/double occupancy. The $50 conference fee is included in the price. Upgrades, airline travel, and add-ons are available. Reservations should be made through Carlson Wagonlit Travel of Calabasas. They may be contacted by phone or email: (818) 222-8300 or [email protected]. Be sure to tell them that you are with the ObesityHelp Conference. This is a perfect gift for your family this holiday season and will be a great way to travel next summer. Take your family to experience one the most beautiful sites in United States, and don't forget to pack lots of film. We are very excited to bring you this wonderful opportunity as we continue, "Making the Journey Together." We hope you can make arrangements to join us on what we hope will become a regular ObesityHelp convention tradition. Hope to see you there! Monica Ganz, Ph.D. Director of Membership, Events & Chapters (866) 957-4636 x 385 [email protected] Bo McCoy Events Manager (866) 957-4636 x 365 [email protected] P.S. For more information on the history, culture, wildlife, and climate of southeast Alaska and the Inside Passage, see www.Alaska.com.
Gina H.
on 12/10/04 5:22 am - Odenton, MD
Topic: 1 month post op
Hello, my name is Gina and I am 1 month post op. I am worried because my doctor started me on solid foods already and everything I eat in any amount seems to cause a pain and then I need to vomit to make the pain go away. I am worried that I am stretching my stomach and undoing all that was done to begin with. :-0 I went back to the Dr for my 1 month follow up appointment and only lost 6 lbs from the 2 week appointment to the 4 week. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I try to eat pureed and solids that are watery and everything comes up. The doctor suggested that I may be eating too fast or too much but, I am concerned as to what amount should I be eating at a time. I went from 2 oz to 4 oz and still no change. Please, any advice or help would be great. Thanks, Gina in MD
Ronda E.
on 12/10/04 3:12 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Seniors Who Had WLS
Are you 65 or older and had weight loss surgery? Are you a senior and considering weight loss surgery? We are looking for seniors who would be interested in speaking with an OH reporter on this topic. All interviews are done over the telephone at your convenience. If you are interested in speaking to OH for a future issue of ObesityHelp Magazine, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include your name, email address and best time for her to call you. Thank you. Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp Assistant Editor :type:
Ms. Kitten
on 12/10/04 2:50 am - central, AL
Topic: looking for a pen pal
a friend of mine is looking for pen-pals. he's a great guy, but going thru a rough time. if you're interested e-mail me. thanks lisa sewell
B. McCoy
on 12/8/04 2:00 am - Columbus, OH
Topic: Ok, so that was a referen...
Ok, so that was a reference to a movie called "What about Bob?" But, I wanted to say that I am getting really excited about our July 2005 Cruise to Alaska! Here is the vital information for you to review and make plans to join ObesityHelp on its first cruise! http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/obesity+help+events+alaska.htm Day Port Arrival Depart 1 Seattle, Washington, United States 4:00 PM 2 At Sea 3 Juneau, Alaska, United States 11:00 AM 10:00 PM 4 Skagway, Alaska, United States 5:00 AM 8:45 PM 5 Tracy Arm Scenic Cruising, Alaska, United States 11:00 AM 3:00 PM 6 Ketchikan, Alaska, United States 6:00 AM 12:30 PM 7 Victoria, British Columbia, Canada 7:00 PM 11:59 PM 8 Seattle, Washington, United States 7:00 AM Rates start at only $899* Includes $50 Convention Fee! Rate based on per person/double occupancy, cruise only. Air travel package add-ons available. Please click here to email us or call 866-957-4636 Ext. 365 if you would like to attend or ask additional information. To make your reservations: Phone: (818) 222-8300 - Fax: (818) 222-8178 Email: [email protected] Hey everyone....."I'm Sailing........." Bo McCoy Outreach and Events Manager [email protected] 866-957-4636 ext 365 1-832-550-7385 eFax AIM name: bomccoyOH Personal site http://www.72inches.com
tamib
on 12/7/04 11:29 pm - North Orange Co., CA
RNY on 11/01/05 with
snugg7777
on 12/7/04 5:15 am - Mount Clemens, MI
Topic: QUESTION??????
HI ALL. MY NAME IS HOLLY. I LIVE IN MICHGIAN. I'M LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT I CAN DO SO I CAN STAY HOME. I CAN'T WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME TO BRING IN A STEADY INCOME, DUE TO HAVING A CHILD THAT IS 2 YEARS OF AGE, AND ONLY HAVING ONE CAR, AND MY HUSBAND WORKS TUE-SAT SOME TIMES 12 HOUR SHIFTS. I CAN'T WORK AROUND HIS SCHEDUAL. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MONTHS NOW, AND MY MICHIGAN BUDDIES HAVE BEEN REALLY SUPPORTIVE AND HAVE HOOKED ME UP WITH BABYSITTING JOBS, BUT THAT'S ONLY PART TIME. SOME TIMES NOT AT ALL. I NEED AND WANT A STEADY INCOME. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S OR CONNECTIONS PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY. DOES ANYONE WORK OFF THERE COMPUTER'S AT HOME? IF SO, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU DO? THANK YOU ALL. HUGS, HOLLY
Valerie Renee
on 12/3/04 9:28 pm - New York, NY
Topic: You are invited...
December 11, 2004 3 pm - 7 pm Book Signing / Christmas Party... I just published a cookbook called "Cooking With Soul- Soulful Cuisine Tailored for Gastric Bypass Patients and those who seek a bit of soul in their low-carb, low-fat diet." You are all invited to come to my book signing party / annual Christmas Party which launches the book and my new publishing company- Empower Publishing. I am a member of OH ... The party will be held in Dumfries Virginia and there are lots of OH members coming... some even flying in for the occasion... Please email me for directions if you would like to attend... [email protected] VAL
Valerie Renee
on 12/2/04 12:55 am - New York, NY
Topic: New Obesity Help Local Support Group Forming...
Hi all, I am in training with Obesity Help to form a support group for the DC/VA/MD area. This support group will begin full force in January !! Our support group will be named Empower-Obesity Help Support Group. I am looking for WLS people at any stage, who would be interested in attending. Please let me know what day of the week that you could NOT attend. I will keep you posted as to our status. Also let me know if you would like to volunteer in some manner, as I am looking for some help to get this group going. I am now doing a search for a meeting space. I am looking in the Woodbridge / Dumfries Area. Please contact me via email if you are interested in joining this group. [email protected] I envision Empower doing great things and taking "support" to the next level ! Thanks and we are looking forward to meeting all of you soon ! Valerie
Most Active