Recent Posts

Valerie Renee
on 1/24/05 7:14 am - New York, NY
Topic: First Empower Obesity Help Support Group Meeting
As per my earlier post, I have trained with Obesity Help to start a local support group chapter in the VA/DC/MD area. The first meeting will be held on Saturday, February 12, 2005. I have sent out an email to all who have indicated that they wish to join this new, cutting edge support group and we are taking votes for the time of the meeting. If you are interested in attending, please email me your name and contact information. ([email protected]) VAL
Valerie Renee
on 1/12/05 10:14 pm - New York, NY
Topic: DC/VA/MD - New Empower-Obesity Help Support Group
Hi all, As most of you know, and some may not, I am starting a local Obesity Help support group, which will meet on Saturdays or Sundays once a month. I am extending an invitation to anyone who has not given me their contact info to please forward it to my email ASAP. I am planning our first meet and greet / support group meeting for the end of the month and I need to get a consensus on the meeting time. Please email your contact info: [email protected] VAL
karen's battle
on 1/12/05 10:27 am - Somersworth, NH
Topic: Please send this article to your State Senator and Congressman/woman
http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2004/04/05/bil20405.htm Hi, everyone, it only takes a minute to send a quick email to your State Senator and Congressman. Their addresses are easy to find online. Please ask them to get involved. Corporation fat cats are governing who gets healthcare and who doesn't. That's not right. I've been seeking insurance approval since March of 2004 and even though I meet the criteria and I have a letter from my lawyer and my pcp that I do in fact meet all of the criteria...they still deny me (BCBS of Illinois). Please...I beg of you to pass the message on.
Tiffany R.
on 1/2/05 8:26 am - Martinsburg, WV
Topic: Insurance Approval / Dr. Afram
6/28/04 was my pre-op consultation. Was approved, and have had the sleep study done. I have been calling about every week regarding the insurance approval and the woman always tells me that she will call me back the following day - this never happens. I'm wondering if I should contact my insurance company directly? Or should I take her word that they haven't heard anything from the ins. co. yet? Suggestions?
Spy Girl 9.
on 12/25/04 5:45 pm - CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA
Topic: RE: Avid Bicycle Riders?
I got the TREK hybrid as suggested by the salesman and it held me up at almost 400lbs for a couple years, they have a great seat with hydralics. It is called the Navigator and is online.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/04 9:24 pm - IN
Topic: Hello From Indiana
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..Val
BIGYANK
on 12/21/04 7:11 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: Avid Bicycle Riders?
I am interested in buying myself a bicycle as a gift for Christmas. Can anyone out there tell me a good brand/particular model that they have had success with. Also, what is the rider weight limit for your model? I don't want to buy a bike if I the tires are going run flat when I plop down on the seat. Should I wait? Any ideas?
Ronda E.
on 12/20/04 1:02 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Did you read the latest in ObesityHelp Magazine??
Did you read about Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Georgia discontinuing wls coverage beginning in January 2005? It's true and you can read all about it in issue 5 of ObesityHelp Magazine. The magazine also features a Medicare Update and introduces readers to our new columnist Steve Tomsic "The New Guy" who will give us the insights into the male point of view in regards to weight loss surgery. Jarrod Fogle "The Subway guy' returns to give us an update; along with an article about musician Carnie Wilson and a life coach from NBC's Starting Over. You don't want to miss out on these exciting stories, plus many more. Log onto http://www.obesityhelpmagazine.com to subscribe TODAY!! Or you can call 1-866-WLS-INFO. Happy Holidays The Media Team :type:
Valerie Renee
on 12/16/04 5:00 am - New York, NY
Topic: Cooking With Soul.... New Bariatric Cookbook
My new cookbook for bariatric patients, Cooking With Soul, is now published ! The booksigning party this past Saturday was great !! Here are a few links to the pics: http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=stevenxz&AID=2036747 http://photobucket.com/albums/v621/SexxieDimples/ To get your copy, email me for instructions on how to order !! [email protected] VAL
Valerie Renee
on 12/16/04 4:58 am - New York, NY
Topic: Anyone in DC/VA/MD looking for a job?
I am hiring teachers and classroom assistants for my new child development center which is opening in Maryland in February. If you are interested, please fax your resume to me (703) 221-0484. VAL
Most Active