Recent Posts

Tammy F.
on 2/22/05 10:59 pm - LaPlata, md
Topic: Aenta - Pleas help
Have any one have Aenta? If so, do you know any thing about the mulidisciplinary surgical preparatory regimen? I am also looking for a deitican in the dc area. Thanks for any help
Kirk Thompson
on 2/21/05 12:34 am - Martins Ferry, OH
Topic: ObesityHelp Events Chat Wednesday 2pm EST
Not sure what ObesityHelp events are all about? Come and chat with our Events Manager this Wednesday. Please join us for a special online chat with our events department on Wednesday 23rd of February 2pm EST. Our Events Department will be discussing our up-and-coming events schedule including our next regional event to be held in Phoenix, Arizona featuring Dr. Terry Simpson and Dr. Timothy Katzen as special speakers. We value your feedback. If you would like to make suggestions to our events department such as speakers, venue locations, topics of discussion, and entertainment please join us and share your thoughts! There is no better place to learn, enjoy, and share your experiences than at an ObesityHelp Event. If you have been to an ObesityHelp Event and would like to share your thoughts with our staff we welcome you to attend. If you have not attended an event but, would like to learn more about what goes on at our events please join us this Wednesday! We look forward to seeing you there or at an event near you; as Obesityhelp continues is outreach program "ObesityHelp Hits The Road". For more information about ObesityHelp events please see our website at http://www.obesityhelpevents.com Bo McCoy Outreach and Events Manager For a list of all events for 2005 go to: http://www.obesityhelpevents.com [email protected] 866-957-4636 ext 365 1-832-550-7385 eFax AIM name: bomccoyOH Personal site http://www.72inches.com
charri09
on 2/16/05 2:02 am - Charlotte, MI
Topic: Cedar Point Update!!
So far there is over 50 adults and about 20 children that have said yes to wanting to go.....so for me this means that it is going to be a go....I will start making calls and deals with the park and thanks to one of the people that said yes I am going to check out many different hotels in and around the area to get the best deals for everyone...the on site resorts may be a little too expensive for some (me included) but we may be able to get a deal through one of the many many hotels in the area....please watch the main message board for updates as it is very teadious and time consuming to post to each and every board.....so from now on or until I can find a way to post to all boards at the same time....the main message board will be the cedar point update board. I did get the question of What is Cedar Point? Well let me tell all of you know that cedar point is an amusment park in Sandusky, Ohio. With many thrill rides and a very fun water park call soak city. Check out the web site http://www.cedarpoint.com Also there are many that have stated they are disabled or can't walk for long periods of time....well that is ok also....there are some things to do still and you would be able to hang out with and meet many other wonderful people that will make sure you have a great time!!! I will post in the next few days with another update!!! Thank you to everyone for helping with the survey and please also make sure if you have not given an answer yet to post a reply to this or to send me an e-mail at [email protected] and let me know if you like the idea and approx. how many adults and how many children you would like to attend. Thanks Connie Harris (lap rny 2/8/05)
canada
on 2/15/05 8:40 pm - ottawa, Canada
Topic: GEHA INSURANCE... GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE HOSPITAL ASS.....
Hi guys, I am a part of the NEW YORK group because as of now i am located in New York. I am interested in people that have GEHA insurance . I am originally from D.C. and work in D.C. for the Federal Government so i know this would be a great place to find fellow Government employees that may have GEHA.My question if you do have GEHA is did you have any problems getting approved for WLS and what info did you need to send in for prior approval and how long did it take for approval. Thanks guys,
charri09
on 2/15/05 12:28 am - Charlotte, MI
Topic: Cedar Point Survey --- please read
I was looking into a family vacation for myself and my son and thought wow this would be a great thing for everyone.... My thought is (and I am willing to lead this if it is ok)...to go under the group rates and do two day slide and ride passes...and work something out with one of the resorts on rooms....(maybe they will give us a group discount and a couple of floors LOL)...anyway the passes would give us all two days of fun in the amusment park and the water park (don't know prices yet, but do know the more there is the less the price)....I have studied up on all of this and am willing to head it and get the tickets and individual information to each and every person (along with my mother Dianne Harris). I see everyone doing cruises and cook--outs and such things and thought this would be a wonderful idea because while reading a lot of the member pages I found that one of the main things that people want to do again or for the first time is ride roller coasters (me especially, i love them)...this would give the opportunity for those who have lost enough to do that...and for those who have not lost enough to do it yet to have a great time with other rides or just spending time with family and other great and wonderful people!! I just had my surgery last week, but am hoping in a few months to be able to ride those costers....So I was thinking this could be done the first part of Aug....but if I can get enough people that want to do this I will confirm the actual date and everything else in enough time for people to set everything with their employers and family. IF we do decide to do this and it goes well then maybe it could be an anual thing at a different park every year!!! Thanks and please let me know your thoughts on here or directly to my e-mail [email protected] also please state approx. # of people (adults and children seperate that would be interested in attending with you) this way I can get a general idea of how many there will be so i can get a close approx. price. Also I will make sure to post by the end of the week or beginning of next week on yes or no if we are going to do this or not....Looking forward to hearing from all of you!! Connie Harris (lap rny 2/8/05)
Ruth S.
on 2/7/05 5:40 am - Orlando, FL
Topic: RE: 1 month post op
That is disconcerning to me - at one month you should be on liquids only, any solid food would make you sick - as you are experimenting. Do you have a nutritionist? Try to find one that works with WLS patients. Pardon me but that doc doesn't sound "right" to me. After 6 weeks some people try pureed and then soft foods, and 3-4 months light solids etc. For the first month I was drinking 2 oz liquids. You should eat or drink only til your full not beyond that because that will make you sick. If you are having major pain with your throw ups you need to check with the doc..there is a thing called a stricture that develops with some people. That means that your intestinal tract is not sufficient opened or may have closed so that anything you "eat" will come up cause it doesn't have anywhere else to go. Please see your doctor right away and don't leave until he does something right! Good luck!
Sugar Free Lauri B
on 2/6/05 1:23 pm - clinton township, MI
Topic: PHILLY SWIRL IN USA TODAY
The SF Philly Swirl pops are ONLY available at Sam's club. Sam's Club is doing a "Trial run" on there Sugar Free pops and there is only 4 weeks left. Run out, grab a few boxes to stock up and talk to the manager at the store to keep this product around. Better yet, maybe we can all write Sam's Club Corp and let them know us Bariatric patients NEED this great product around. I hope this product doesn't go away!!! http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_std_template.jsp?CntId=2005superpage&pid=_01-26-05_super Free one day pass to Sam's club! Incase you don't have a membership Look what I stumbled upon!!! This article was in the USA TODAY about Philly Swirl!! Very cool http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2004-08-20-phillyswirl_x.htm ~Lauri B
LauraS1226
on 2/2/05 7:03 am - Rockville, MD
Topic: RE: Insurance Approval / Dr. Afram
Tiffany, That is a long time. You really need to count from the date that you had all your info turned in to them.....what insurance do you have? I had to have a bunch of testing done for my insurance co (I had MAMSI), and lots of other info for them........prior to approval.....I had to have a letter from me, a letter from my PCP, psych eval, weight loss history, diet history, 6 months supervised wt loss attempts from my PCP.....and when I got the total packet turned into GW ( I had Dr Lin) I was approved in a few days......but all companies are different. Good Luck to you! Laura
Sugar Free Lauri B
on 2/2/05 5:19 am - clinton township, MI
Topic: Michigander with a food find!
Hey Gang, Well I wrote Alex at Philly Swirl and he called me personally. What a great guy he is. He sounds like such a generous man! If you are unfamiliar with the philly swirls they are a Sf popsicle (taste like italian ice sorta) in many flavors, the cotton candy is to die for! They are only about $7 for a case of 40!! He is sending me coupons to pass on to family, friends neighbors. the grocery stores do not have them in SF but ppl other than us will probably like the regular. But Sams club sells them in SF for us!! Please guys get out there and try these Philly swirls. They are great and affordable. Sams club is doing them on a test run trial to see how they sell. So when you go to buy your case, take a second out to ask the manager to keep selling them there. Come on guys lets show these guys how much support us OH members can give them!! www.phillyswirl.com e-mail:[email protected] ~Lauri B
taco
on 1/24/05 1:25 pm - Streator, IL
Topic: A Great Snack!!!!
I bought these great snacks at Sams club.They are called Philly Swirl Like a popcycle.A cross between a italian ice and sobert on a stick.They are great.Don't taste sugerfree.They are on a trial period a sams. Here is the complete nutritional. Calories.........10 Total FAT.......0 Cholesterol.....0 Sodium...........0 Total Carbs......4g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 0g Sugars Alcohol 3g Protein.............0 Contains 100% Vitamin C Go gets some if they don't sell enough sams will pull them i email the company to ask them to look into a product somewhat the same with protiein.because they are so good.the owner of the company personally called me back that me for the suggestion.said he would try but if this doesn't fly at sams that they would be probably done.So try it they are great!I thought it was awsom that the owner co-founder called me what a great guy.jeff Streator IL check out the web site http://www.phillyswirl.com/aboutus/dist.cfm 458/442/398/220 28 days post-op
Most Active