Recent Posts

MR.G
on 5/19/05 9:59 pm - Greenwood, SC
Topic: I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO MEET MY SURGEON
Go to my profile update on 5/19/05 and see pictures of my surgeon. Terry G RNY/LAP 4/28/04 548/198 -350 Still working on goal of 165!!!1
~Yo Y.
on 5/19/05 3:34 pm
amiracle5
on 5/18/05 1:10 pm - martinsburg, WV
Topic: RE: Does anyone know of a Dr that accepts medicare and medicaid?
Hi! Just read your message about Dr.Fullum and wondered how long did the process take you from start to having the surgery? How long did it take for you to get a date after your initial consultation? I live in WV and have a consult in PA; however, I am seeking a closer place.
Karla T.
on 5/17/05 10:42 am - Anchorage, AK
Topic: RE: GEHA INSURANCE... GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE HOSPITAL ASS.....
I had my sugery 9 years ago this month. It took GEHA 21 days to approve. However one year later they approved my husbands surgery in 72 hrs. As I used a ppo surgeon they paid very well. Best thing I ever did!!!!! K.
Trisha
on 5/12/05 3:30 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: Scrapbooking & Stamping Message Board!
Did you know that Obesity Help has a Scrapbooking and stamping messageboard??? Come on over and check it out!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/scrapbooks/posts.html Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Valerie Renee
on 5/9/05 11:26 pm - New York, NY
Topic: Need your feedback...
I am doing a presentation at the OH National Conference on Recipe Adaptation. I wanted to make sure that my presentation is on point and that I touch on topics relevant to your needs. My presentation will discuss how to adapt recipes to your bariatic diet and lifestyle. What kinds of questions would you have regarding adapting recipes ? ie: How to make mac and cheese more healthy? What kinds of spices should I use to zip up the regular old chicken? What other products are there out there that I can use to "mimic" ingredients in recipes and cut the fat and carbs down? How can you add flavor to veggies without using pork? VAL
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/05 10:30 am - MA
Topic: George Washington University Weight Management Program
Hi!! Greetings from Boston! I'm a junior in college and will be spending the summer (late May - August) in Washington, DC (living in the dorms at GWU) doing a congressional internship program. I'm having surgery in late August but have lost 56 lbs on my own, and I'll be working to keep it off and hopefully lose some more before I head into the OR after my internship is over. I've been working with an obesity program here in Boston (where I'll be having surgery), and they've suggested that I work with the medical weight loss program at George Washington University. Does anyone have any experience with the program? We're hoping that it'll give me some structure while I'm down in Washington and help me keep the weight off. Thanks! ~Jen
~Yo Y.
on 5/8/05 4:39 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone know of a Dr that accepts medicare and medicaid?
I think my surgeon Dr. Terrance Fullum does. U can give his office a call and find out for sure. (202) 529-6801/6802. He is located at Providence Hospital. (Really nice, good bed side manners and so on) One of the best, if not the best he performed the Lap RNY on me. He also does Open, but prefer's the lap. I'm not too sure about the other surgeries, but, u can ask his staff. Good Luck to ur sister~in~law. Here is his site... http://www.safersurgery.com/
Christine W.
on 5/8/05 8:53 am - Camp Springs, MD
Topic: Does anyone know of a Dr that accepts medicare and medicaid?
My sister in law is interested in having GBS and has D.C.Medicare and medicaid and I am trying to find a Dr for her.... do you know of any?
Maria L
on 5/8/05 7:47 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Topic: DC Lapband Surgeon?
Can someone recommend a DC lapband surgeon? Both my sister and I want to look into lapband (we have already had an RNY consult). If I could get a couple referrals that would be great. We hope to find someone that takes both United Healthcare EPO and Unicare NCPPO. (Please feel free to email me info if you don't want to post it here.) THANK YOU!
Most Active