Recent Posts

amiracle5
on 7/5/05 8:44 am - martinsburg, WV
Topic: RE: where is everyone?
Well, hello! How far post-op are you? Who's your surgeon? My date is 9/6/05 and I am so excited. Keep in touch. tonia
valady36
on 7/4/05 12:38 pm - Northern, VA
Topic: RE: where is everyone?
Me! Me! Me! I'm down 17lbs! So little compared to how far I have to go, but I'm still excited and very happy. Congraduations on your surgery date. Debbie
Robcinoh
on 7/2/05 9:54 pm - Columbus, OH
Topic: A little help cheering up my girl (part 3)
Thank You All For Your Help and Support. I was trying to cheer up my girl with a joke / prank. She has really been really down lately about the whole process. I found an old photo of her when she was 12 (bad hair photo) and posted it on Jones Soda Pop label page. To my surprise it got a lot of votes (over 850). You will get the joke when you see the photo. I finally told her on Friday. She laughed her butt off. Thank you all again for your help. Click the link below to see the photo. If you haven't voted yet, Please Vote 10. PS She has a great sense of humor. Like I tell her It's what's inside that counts. http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/view.php?ID=412393&search=keela&offset=1 Thanks Thanks Thanks God Bless
amiracle5
on 6/30/05 9:51 am - martinsburg, WV
Topic: where is everyone?
Are there any LOSERS in D.C.? I check this site just about everynight and there's nothing. Tonia (Soon to be loser)
Amy Williams
on 6/30/05 5:56 am
Topic: New: Challenge
How many of you remember what is was like to be new on the site or just fixing to have surgery. Did you have a surgery angel? There are many members who want an angel. It's not very hard to become an angel actually and it's a great way to give back to others.

I was even pre-op being an angel to others. It doesn't matter if you've had surgery or not it's just simply about giving support to another OH member. Letting them know we are here to help them through. I know right before surgery how scary it can be and just knowing that others care is a wonderful feeling. So this is my challenge.

I challenge those who have the time to contact a member that don't have an angel listed and see how you can help them. Sometimes we just need someone, ANYONE to talk with. You can make a difference in someone's life. Let them know they are not alone.

Here's a link on what an angel is exactly and there is a link on this page about who are needing angels. Locate someone near you, or they don't even have to be near you, email and phones work great too :)
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/beanangel.phtml

Let's all show our support.

If you are interested in helping OH by posting about the angel program or telling others on the site about it for the future please email me.
[email protected]

Everyone here can be an angel, it's a great way to make a new friend. :love:

Amy
Trisha
on 6/28/05 3:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
Topic: Scrapbooking & Stamping Message Board!!!
Did you know ObesityHelp has a Scrapbooking and Stamping Message Board? Come on over!! Share ideas, get ideas, become more creative and learn of new sites and products out there!!! Oh, and SALES!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/scrapbooks/posts.html Hugs, Trisha
Ronda E.
on 6/28/05 5:09 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Problems from Anesthesia??
Did you recover from your weight loss surgery, or other surgery, only to find months later you were still feeling the effects from the anesthesia? Did you have major complications from anesthesia? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Please send a paragraph about yourself along with your name, phone number and email address to [email protected] to be interviewed by telephone for an article in ObesityHelp Magazine.

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager/writer
ObesityHelp :type:
Patricia S.
on 6/23/05 6:18 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: Hello All
They come sugar free and they taste great!!!!!!! Pat
Member Services
on 6/22/05 12:23 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Notice: Terms of Service
Some of you by now might have noticed the new set of Terms of Service when you post. We have wrote these to be more clear on the ones we had prior. You might see there are some that have been taken out and new ones. You will also notice that when you now submit a post that all posts say "I accept". This is nothing new as the terms of service were always something you are accepting when you submit a post, but we wanted everyone to be clear on this. The website is solely designed to help those in need of weight loss support. As with most site rules are put into place to help the members. Our primary objective is for support, education, not moderation. We value all member opinions, but please when posting keep these in consideration.

Notice: By pressing the button below to post your message, you are accepting the Terms of Service below. You and you alone are responsible and liable for all posts that you make. Obesityhelp, Inc. accepts no responsibility for your post and will remove posts that violate these rules. Obesityhelp staff has the sole discretion to remove posts without warning or explanation when, in their judgment, the rules have been violated or the posts are not in keeping with the primary objective of this site to provide help and assistance to those who need it because of their struggle with obesity.

Terms Of Service

Our staff will have sole discretion to remove any messages deemed inappropriate by them, without warning or explanation when the following types of postings occur:

*Anything that is harassing, threatening, embarrassing or that is causing distress or discomfort to another site member.
*Copyrighted Material
*Political or Religious debates
*Impersonating any person, including, but not limited to an Obesityhelp, Inc. staff member or site host.
*Messages that negatively affects other members or is deemed unsupportive
*Profanity
*Personal attacks or attacks upon beliefs (including public figures)
*Unsolicited advertising or other form of solicitation (including but not limited to monetary donations, selling, trading or borrowing for anything of value, including asking for money). See Event Exception below.
*Private information (postal addresses, phone numbers, etc) that you do not have legal authority to make public. You can post your own information (but recognize that this is a serious risk and ObesityHelp STRONGLY recommends against such public postings) but you must present proof to member services that you have Power of Attorney for the person or organization you are posting for.
*Inappropriate usernames (one that is vulgar, offensive etc).
*Any information, data, text, files, links, software, communication or other materials that Obesityhelp, Inc. considers to be unlawful, harmful, destructive, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
*Material that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, or any terms, conditions or rules set forth by Obesityhelp, Inc., while using Obesityhelp, Inc. Message boards
*Anything that is sexually objectionable or explicit.

Event Exception ObesityHelp recognizes that there are cases where sponsored events deserve and require our support, and, in some cases, individual members may be sponsors to specific assistance from other members. In order to post under this exception, one of two things must be true:

The event must be sponsored by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Diabetes Association (Walk-a-thons, bike rides, and other such events), or other organization that can be verified by the ObesityHelp moderation staff. Bringing these events to members notice as a public service and providing links to the supporting web sites is specifically authorized.
For an event not sponsored by a national organization or for an individual support such as to sponsor a member in a bike ride or for a local member event, these may be posted only when approved by ObesityHelp Member Services and they contain the following disclaimer:
NOTE: This event is locally sponsored and is neither sanctioned by nor supported by ObesityHelp Inc. ObesityHelp allows this post for member information only and has not confirmed the event or the sponsors of the event.
Civility These are open boards available to all members and we expect that members will maintain a degree of civility in their discussions. At Obesityhelp, Inc's sole discretion, individuals may be moderated or banned when it is deemed that they are not acting in accordance with the spirit or purpose of these boards. Even behavior which is not directly a violation, but which provokes or contributes to such actions may be considered as grounds for banning the member involved.

Adult Discussions Recognizing that adults may wish to discuss matters which are either sexually explicit or objectionable to many of our members, we have created an adults only forum, the "Sex Before and After WLS forum" for this discussion. Adults who wish to engage in these discussions may go to the following URL:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/sex_before_and_after_wls/

Advertising and Selling Members wishing to sell or advertise products may contact our sales office for information about advertising on our site through email at [email protected].

Public Information Members may discuss publicly available information but will be responsible for proving that it is in fact in the public domain if challenged. Proof of a release to post in writing will need to be submitted or the posting will be removed. Posting private information related to any person living or dead including addresses, phone numbers, or other personal details will not be allowed.

Bans or Moderation of Posts Bans are private matters between Obesityhelp, Inc. and person banned and will not be discussed publicly or through third parties. It is not acceptable to return to the boards under another username. If you do, your ban time may be extended. Repeat offenders may be reported to their ISP and/or banned permanently from this site.

Medical Advice Disclaimer Information contained in this web site is intended to provide an understanding and knowledge of health care topics by Obesityhelp, Inc. The information should never be used in place of advice from your physician or other health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 and/or contact your doctor immediately. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.

If you have any questions, or to report abuse on the site, please contact Member Services via email at [email protected].

Terms And Conditions: General Statement

Please read this agreement carefully before accessing or using the Web Site. By accessing or using the Web Site, you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein and the disclaimer set forth above. If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions and disclaimer, you may not access or use the service. Obesityhelp, Inc. may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement. You agree to review the agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the services shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified agreement.

Harassment of any type or kind, including via chat, including, but not limited to obscene, offensive, or abusive by obscene or abusive language, is forbidden. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the Web Site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, illegal, or otherwise objectionable, as determined solely by Obesityhelp, Inc. which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense. You may not upload commercial content on the Web Site or solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
The entire content of Obesityhelp, Inc. is copyrighted collective work under the United States and copyright laws. Obesityhelp, Inc holds the copyright. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download portions of the material from the different areas of the Web Site solely for your own non-commercial use. Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Obesityhelp, Inc.
Upon registration, you may opt-in to receive notifications of new Web site features, upcoming chat events and other news. Separately, you may opt-in to receive our e-mails, or from our sponsors. If you do not request any of these e-mail notices, none will be sent to you.
Obesityhelp, Inc. cannot review all communications and materials posted on the service. We are not responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to distribute your content on the Web Site, Obesityhelp, Inc is acting as a passive conduit for distribution and does not undertake any obligation or liability, relating to or from any contents or activities on the Web Site, including the chat room. All messages, advice, opinions or other information contained on the Web Site should not be construed as professional advice, instruction or condoned by Obesityhelp, Inc.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Obesityhelp, Inc., directors, employees, and vendors from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or any activity related to your account or any other person accessing the Web Site using your account.

Thanks,
Obesityhelp Staff
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/05 12:50 pm - NJ
Topic: Important Announcement for All Members !!!
Did you know that OH is forming fully trained, Support Group Chapters in every state? I'm Marine Jourdan, I'm a professional Life Coach and OH Member, Charter Member Chapter Leader and friend to all of you. I had my RNY WLS on October 20th 2003 and I am enjoying a much healthier life because of it. I am inviting you to begin signing up for my Support Group that will begin in NEW YORK CITY this Fall. We will have an ONLINE Support Site on Yahoo Groups and it's address is http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NYNJHWSN You are all welcome to be here to get first rate education. Tell you doctors, dieticians, family, friends and other WLS / OH family about it. OH's Dr. Monica Ganz is launching the Chapter Leaders entity and we are actively looking for all support group leaders to apply to be an OH Certified Support Group Chapter. Please ask me how to get your certification at [email protected] I will be happy to refer you and get all of the qualified groups and leaders on the OH Chapter Leader program. A very important thing for the world of WLS, it's patient's and professionals is that we are all educated well and that we all have the same, correct information. Have you ever experienced conflicting opinions or even getting advice from a professional or other WLS friend that was not the best for you. You have to remember that every patient is at a different stage and not all methods are for all people. As a OH Certified Chapter Leader and getting your information from an OH Chapter Leader, you are assured that if we do not have the answer, we know where to go to get it. We also know when it is a question to raise to a doctor and providing doctor's with the education in this very new field. We just had a national conference in New Jersey with OH and it was very informative. I highly encourage everyone to go to the events page www.obesityhelpevents.com please find the events near you and make sure you register to attend with all your WLS friends and family members. Being at an OH event, you are learning from the nations leader in resources, information and education on WLS. OH is being heard by Congress, the U.S. Senate and the Insurance Industry, including Medicare who upon the testimony of OH experts, maintained approving WLS for Medicare patients. So, be very aware that an OH sponsored entity is the pinacle source. Please tell all you friends that Marine said to sign up now for OH, the individual state boards, look on the events site and come and join me on my Yahoo site for education. If you live near NYC, NY and you want to be a member of the support group that begins this Fall, sign up on the Yahoo board now and send an e-mail to me giving me your NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE and E-MAIL. You will be able to participate on the Yahoo site even if you are not near NYC. Everyone is welcome to the Yahoo board. Were here for you. So come on over... We are up and waiting for you... Learn, get the right answers to your questions, educate yourself and live your very best as a successful WLS patient. Sign up for events, get OH Magazine, get POWER CRUNCH BARS from OH and you will save money and help support OH. Visit the OH Store and learn about becoming a Chapter Leader too... Love to all of you... Marine Jourdan
Most Active