Recent Posts

Birthday Patrol
on 7/17/05 3:48 am - Birthdayland
Topic: HB ShoeGoddess!
The Birthday Patrol is here to honor our very own: Ebba O of Madison, WI Gina Oliveira of Moriches, NY Mz ShoeGoddess M of Washington, DC HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... YOU GO, DEAR FRIENDS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! God bless you and may all your wishes come true!! & {{{HUGS}}} & Melissa Mermaid & All Your AMOS Pals P.S. Click on "Birthday Patrol" (profile link) to find out how to sign up for the Birthday Patrol. Customarily, only those who actively sign up for Birthday Patrol are acknowledged by a post on their birthdays. There is no other system available to us for gathering this information. P.P.S. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for "Birthday Patrol," please doublecheck the list to make sure you're on it; the computer has not always been kind!
Kelli G.
on 7/13/05 11:54 am - La Habra, CA
Topic: Can you give us a hand? *hugs*
Hey everyone, i was wondering if you could take the time to vote for my irish nephews photo in the jones' soda lable contest. We dont win anything his pic will just be on a bottle of their soda and no i dont work for them or will be getting any prize etc. So please vote and give him a "10" we would love to see him win! Thank you all so much *hugs* Kelli xx http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/card.php?86544-G8BAWND229
Ronda E.
on 7/12/05 7:52 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Did you have surgery outside the US?
If you had plastic surgery or weight loss surgery outside of the US we want to hear from you. Tell us why you left the US and where you went. Please send your email to [email protected]

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp.com :type:
Ronda E.
on 7/12/05 7:39 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Did you have Plastic Surgery?
Did you have plastic surgery after weight loss surgery? Did you ask all the important questions to make your self feel at ease? We want to know what questions you felt were the most helpful that you asked your plastic surgeon. Send 2-3 of your questions to [email protected] so we can share this information with fellow members who are in the process of researching plastic surgeons.

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp :type:
JC
on 7/12/05 12:52 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: I have talked to the Wisconsin Governors office !!!! Please help !!!
I posted this today on the governor's website, so please not phone and fax numbers:
Ok, I have just spent 25 minutes on the phone with the Governor's office. His input was ----> just don't email and call the governor, do this: FAX your letter to him at fax # 608-284-2003 {the office said this is BEST because they will be given to the governor !!!} .....

AND ALSO VERY IMPORTANT} to the Lieutenant Governor Barbara Lawton at this information:

Office of the Lieutenant Governor

19 East, State Capitol

P.O. Box 2043

Madison, WI 53702

Phone: (608) 266-3516

Fax: (608) 267-3571

- JC
JC
on 7/11/05 10:23 pm - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: URGENT ! Please help us help Wisconsin members this morning URGENCY NEEDED!!
Hi everyone,

A doctor sent this to me: "Sitting on Governor Doyle's desk is a budget which ELIMINATES coverage for Bariatric Surgery via Medicaid. Governor Doyle has ASSURED us last week that he was going to veto this provision in the budget. It appears that political pressure (from both parties) has swayed him to a position where he is NOT going to veto this measure. THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DISASTROUS BLOW TO THE AVAILABILITY OF BARIATRIC SURGERY FOR THE CITIZENS OF WISCONSIN! We must act NOW! It is our understanding that the final decision will be made early to mid week."

I urge everyone reading this to contact the Governor's office directly by phone - number and email below. Get fellow postops, preops, family members, employers, friends to call and urge him to veto this measure. Explain what bariatric surgery has done for you. Explain how many medications have been eliminated by your weight loss. Explain how much more productive you are after your weight loss. Explain how your quality of life has improved. FLOOD HIS OFFICE PHONE!

Email him. Contact friends in your support groups and urge the same.

I had this from one who will be collecting your emails and sending them to the governor:
"Someone, everyone, please post something on the ObesityHelp.com Message Boards, both Statewide and Nationwide. Urge people to contact Governor Doyle's Office. Urge them to look at this site for more information."

Elimination of Medicaid coverage for bariatric surgery has the potential to start a domino effect of non-governmental health care plans doing the same.

The Governor needs to hear that Bariatric Surgery actually SAVES money in the long run. In fact, a gastric bypass is PAID for in other medical cost savings and increased productivity in three years! He needs to hear that CUTTING bariatric coverage from Medicaid will actually result in increased costs to the taxpayers of Wisconsin!

Even more importantly, what's done in one state will affect other states and in the end, will affect your families, friends, etc. everywhere.

To contact Governor Doyle by email, go here:
http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/contact.asp?locid=19

By phone:
Madison Office
608-266-1212

Northern WI Office
715-762-5900

Milwaukee Office
414-227-4344

Washington, D.C. Office
202-624-5870

Thanks for all your help this morning.

- JC {CO-CEO ObesityHelp}

JC
on 7/11/05 10:11 pm - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: URGENT ! Please help us help Wisconsin members this morning URGENCY NEEDED!!
Hi everyone,

A doctor sent this to me: "Sitting on Governor Doyle's desk is a budget which ELIMINATES coverage for Bariatric Surgery via Medicaid. Governor Doyle has ASSURED us last week that he was going to veto this provision in the budget. It appears that political pressure (from both parties) has swayed him to a position where he is NOT going to veto this measure. THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DISASTROUS BLOW TO THE AVAILABILITY OF BARIATRIC SURGERY FOR THE CITIZENS OF WISCONSIN! We must act NOW! It is our understanding that the final decision will be made early to mid week."

I urge everyone reading this to contact the Governor's office directly by phone - number and email below. Get fellow postops, preops, family members, employers, friends to call and urge him to veto this measure. Explain what bariatric surgery has done for you. Explain how many medications have been eliminated by your weight loss. Explain how much more productive you are after your weight loss. Explain how your quality of life has improved. FLOOD HIS OFFICE PHONE!

Email him. Contact friends in your support groups and urge the same.

I had this from one who will be collecting your emails and sending them to the governor:
"Someone, everyone, please post something on the ObesityHelp.com Message Boards, both Statewide and Nationwide. Urge people to contact Governor Doyle's Office. Urge them to look at this site for more information."

Elimination of Medicaid coverage for bariatric surgery has the potential to start a domino effect of non-governmental health care plans doing the same.

The Governor needs to hear that Bariatric Surgery actually SAVES money in the long run. In fact, a gastric bypass is PAID for in other medical cost savings and increased productivity in three years! He needs to hear that CUTTING bariatric coverage from Medicaid will actually result in increased costs to the taxpayers of Wisconsin!

Even more importantly, what's done in one state will affect other states and in the end, will affect your families, friends, etc. everywhere.

To contact Governor Doyle by email, go here:
http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/contact.asp?locid=19

By phone:
Madison Office
608-266-1212

Northern WI Office
715-762-5900

Milwaukee Office
414-227-4344

Washington, D.C. Office
202-624-5870

Thanks for all your help this morning.

- JC {CO-CEO ObesityHelp}

PHA STAR
on 7/8/05 6:05 am - washington, DC
Topic: RE: where is everyone?
ME TOO! I'm a loser....I was wondering were there any people from the DC on the OH site......HEY YALL!!!
PHA STAR
on 7/8/05 6:00 am - washington, DC
Topic: RE: Would someone please volunteer to be my Angel?
Hi Brenda! I am somewhat of a NEWBIE myself, I had surgery on 5.4.05l and I have been looking for an Angel myslef, but I tell you what....TOGETHER we can do this.......I'll help you and you help me. I'll send you a personal e-mail
brenda S.
on 7/6/05 5:35 am - washington, DC
Topic: Would someone please volunteer to be my Angel?
Hello, everyone I am a newbie, hoping to have surgery and undergoing my 6 months supervised diet. Would someone please volunteer to be my angel? I really need the support and I would benefit greatly from someone who has already been through this process because I have a ton of questions. Thanks, Brenda
Most Active