Recent Posts

brendagold
on 7/25/05 2:50 am - Goshen, OH
KPConley
on 7/24/05 12:20 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: RE: Movin back to DC !
Hi Tracy! I am actually pre-op, but I am working with Drs. Afram and Buras. The doctors have a really great program, complete with post-op support meetings twice a week, which, I believe, are open to anyone who has had WLS. They are located off Washington Circle, near GWU. Here is their web site: http://www.obesitycenter.org/intro.htm Good Luck and maybe I will see you there Kathy
southern_Jenn
on 7/23/05 7:20 am - Fort Meade, MD
Topic: Anyone have surgery with Dr. Kalan at Georgetown?
Hi everyone, I am having surgery with Dr. Mohammed Kalan at Georgetown on the 9th of August. Has anyone here had surgery with him and if so could you tell me how your surgery went, how long your hospital stay was and how was the stay at Georgetown? Thanks, soon to be on the Losing side, Jenn
Ronda E.
on 7/21/05 8:10 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: New and Improved ObesityHelp Magazine
Have you seen the latest issue of ObesityHelp Magazine with the newly fit Big Will? He is on the cover of our Special Fitness Issue, which not only offers readers informative fitness articles but is the first issue introducing our "new look." You will find the same interesting and informative articles you have grown to expect from ObesityHelp Magazine, just with an updated appearance. The fitness issue introduces readers to fitness guru Scott Cole who explains the importance of fitness for kids; Dr. Aly prepares readers for body contouring surgery; while surgeons Dr. Owens and Dr. Dyer explain the importance of physical activity after bariatric surgery. You will learn how best to camoflauge your not so favorite body parts and learn to avoid dehydration before, during and after exercise. If you already subscribe, we hope you are enjoying this very special issue and if you have not yet subsribed you can log onto obesityhelpmagazine.com or email our store at [email protected]. This is an issue you will not want to miss!

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp :type:
nikkij
on 7/21/05 4:46 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Fat Cats and Portly Pooches?
Hi all,

I am working on an article on obesity in animals for ObesityHelp Magazine. Have any of you (like me) had an animal with a weight problem?
If so...
What was your pet eating when it gained weight?
How often was it fed? (did you free-feed?)
What did you do to help your pet lose weight?
Did your pet develop obesity co-morbidities?
Did those co-morbidities resolve when the weight came off?

I'd love to hear from you.

Send me high-res pictures if you would like us to consider printing a picture of your pet in the magazine or on the magazine website when the article goes to print.

Please reply to this post or send me an e-mail at [email protected].

Thanks!!!

Nikki Johnson
Managing Editor
ObesityHelp Magazine
Amy Williams
on 7/19/05 6:14 am
PHA STAR
on 7/18/05 5:14 am - washington, DC
Topic: RE: Movin back to DC !
HI! I live in DDC and attend my surgeons support group at GW Hospital, and you are more than welsome to attend. They are every 4th Thursday at GW on the 4th floor conference room. I notice that not to many people visit the DC board, although there are many people on OH that are from the DC area, so you might want to come on over to BAF (black american forum) board heres the link www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/ Let me know if you decide to attend the meetings.....also when did you have your surgery?
Troberts
on 7/18/05 4:44 am - Felton, PA
Topic: Movin back to DC !
I am a native Washingtonian currently living in Laurel, MD. I plan on moving back to DC in the fall. Are there any post surgery support groups meeting in DC? If so let me know which ones and where they meet. Thanks TL
Ronda E.
on 7/18/05 1:28 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Ronda E.
on 7/18/05 1:27 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Everyone is Invited to View Bo and Cheryl's Wedding
If you haven't heard, OH Events Manager Bo McCoy and OH member Cheryl Mills will be getting married aboard the OH Cruise to Alaska. :kiss:
We hope that all their OH friends will be joining them for this momentous occassion, but for those who are unable to attend the event we want to let you know that there is no reason for you to miss the wedding. Just log onto http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/diamond_wedding_cam.html on July 31, 2005 at 3:30 p.m. pacific standard time and you will view LIVE the happy couple as they exchange wedding vows.
If you are unable to attend this event, it is never too late to sign up for one of our other events. You can visit http://www.obesityhelpevents.com to find out when the OH journey will be visiting your home state. It is always fun to meet up with old friends from the OH state and main message boards!

Congratulations Bo and Cheryl. We are very happy for you both. :dance:

Most Active