Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/05 4:19 am - Brooklyn, NY
Topic: Help me help breast cancer survivors and their families..IMPORTANT
When I had my gastric bypass surgery this summer, one of the nursing staff (who was so kind and helpful) and I discussed how we both work in health care, her being in nursing and me being in HR, we also talk about our family. During our daily discussions (I was in the hospital for 5 days) we began chatting about family we have lost to cancer, breast cancer inparticular. I lost an aunt, support another aunt and the nurse had lost 2 sisters and a mother to breast cancer. In honor of my family and on behalf of the nurse who is a godsend, I want to give something back the world (especially these hard times of natural disasters throughout the world), and I have decided to raise as much money as I can to support this deadly disease, that has affected this entire world. Today, there is more hope than ever for people touched by breast cancer. Early detection and new treatments have contributed to a steady decline in breast cancer mortality rates. However, there is still work to be done. That's why I'm walking in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. I want to do all I can to support the American Cancer Society's lifesaving research, education, advocacy, and patient services programs so that, someday, breast cancer will no longer be a threat to the women I love. I therefore reach out to you ALL, my OH friends and family, and request your support and assistance with the fight against breast cancer. Please visit my web site on the American Cancer Society/Kintera Breast Cancer Awareness site at https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=104728&lis=0&kntae104728=E47CE49258F74B3DBAD04554B2F227F8 TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Thank you, Mikey K
COZETTE
HENDERSON

on 10/10/05 10:47 pm - TRENTON, NJ
Topic: OT; GRANTS
HAVE ANY OF U EVER APPLIED FOR A GRANT AND ACTUALLY RECEIVED IT??? I BE SEEING ALL THESE TV ADS AND MAGAZINE ADS TALKING ABOUT GRANTS U CAN GET IF U JUST APPLY, BUT WHY ARE THEY WASTING THERE MONEY IF IT AONT TRUE....A FEW YEARS AGO I USE TO TRY TO GET THESE GRANTS BUT NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING........DO U KNOW OF ONE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS??? HOLLA BACK
twinkie ~.
on 10/7/05 1:52 pm - norfolk, va
Topic: RE: PLEASE JOIN US
i would be interested in joining. can you send me the info? thanks ~susanne~
nikkij
on 9/29/05 4:47 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Last Chance for OH Magazine Savings!
Just a friendly reminder that today and tomorrow are the last two days of OH Magazine's special promotional subscription price of just $20 for one year (six issues). The price will go back to our regular 2005 price of $25 for one year (six issues) on October 1. So, if you have been dragging your feet, now is the time to start running!

I also want to thank the hundreds of people who have already subscribed this month! We are thrilled to have your support and hope that you will thoroughly enjoy every issue of this revamped version of the magazine many of you have loved for years! :-D

Thanks especially to those of you who have shared such great comments about the magazine as part of the ongoing "Plan C" contest (www.oh-magazine.com/contest.php)... here are a few of the amazing comments:

"This magazine saved my life. Had I not found it I would never have had the courage to find a surgeon in my area and make a consultation. I am a year and a half post-op. I have lost 158 lbs. I feel terrific, and OH
helped me."

Gail, New York

"Thank you, Thank you. A delightful magazine. Very upbeat. I believe
your magazine saves lives."

Avalon, California

"I just stumbled upon the magazine, and to find the September issue
covering topics that I am currently struggling with was amazing. It was
like you were reading my mind. Your magazine could not have come at a
better time."

Amy, Iowa

We are so humbled and glad to know that we are touching lives. And, as always, we are glad to hear from readers--whether you have something good or bad to say. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions or comments! It may take me a while since I get an awful lot of e-mail, but I make a point of responding to every e-mail I get: [email protected]

Best,

Nikki Johnson :type:
Managing Editor
OH Magazine
Madame
on 9/25/05 9:02 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Topic: New Support group in MD/DC area to start in October
Hello everyone, I will be kicking off the Choosing & Losing to Live, a new support group in Oxon Hill, Maryland on Saturday October 15th. After the initial meeting we will meet every month on the 2nd Saturday of the month. We will meet at Olympic Fitness Center at 5470 St. Barnabus Road Oxon Hill, MD at from 12:30 pm - 3:00 each month. The focus of our support meetings will be fitness and overall wellness for the mind and the body after WLS. Everyone is welcomed! Pre-Ops, Post-Ops and even No-Ops who just want to learn how to incorporate positive living, exercise and healthy diet into their weight loss plan. It's a fact that those who actively participate in a structured support group achieve better results after surgery. Come out to support and be supported and know that you are not alone on this journey. For more information email me. To access the Choosing & Losing Message and Information Board hit my www below. I look forward to meeting you. Peace & Blessings, Sharon
Valerie Renee
on 9/21/05 11:11 am - New York, NY
Valerie Renee
on 9/21/05 9:31 am - New York, NY
Topic: Dc/MD/VA Empower Support Group Meet and Greet
Empower Support Group is the DC/VA/MD Support Group that meets monthly. If you live in the area, please come out and fellowship with your local OH friends. Our Fall Meet and Greet will be held on October 17, 2005. We are planning to do one of the two events listed below based on votes: (1) 2pm Cookout @ Haines Point Washington DC (2) 7pm Jillians @ Anne Arundel Mills Mall Please send an email to me at [email protected] to indicate if you would like to attend and what your choice of events will be. Please feel free to invite friend and family. VAL
Ronda E.
on 9/21/05 3:52 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Thank you from Trinity Bariatric
For all of you who kindly responded to the Katrina victims need for clothing by sending clothes to Trinity Bariatric in Illinois, the center wants to give you a big thank you. The center received over 2500 pounds of clothing!! This is a huge amount and as you can imagine they are out of storage room. They truly apprciate all the help OH has given to them but now ask that we stop sending them clothes. If you still have clothes you want to donate, please contact me at [email protected] and we will tell you where the best place would be to send them. Thank you all for your show of support when your neighbors are in need.

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp :type:
Zanetta
on 9/20/05 9:50 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Constipation!!
Oh yes please. I need some kind of support. I feel like Im out here all by myself. I had my surgery at Providence Hospital with Dr.Fullum, but other than that. I feel like that they proformed the surgery and sent me home with know nothing. What I want to know is where am I suppose to be at this staff of the surgery? Am I eating to much or to little? I need to know for my sanity. I would love to come to a support group. thank you for telling me about it. If you are interested in talking please call me! 202-563-0586
Most Active