Recent Posts

Tammy C.
on 10/25/05 8:43 am
Topic: Ask the Plastic Surgeon!
Hello Everyone! :wave:

Dr. Timothy Katzen will be answering your plastic surgery related questions for an upcoming "Ask the Plastic Surgeon" column in OH Magazine. If your question is selected for the column, I will be sure the response is sent to you via an email, just in case you are not an OH Magazine subscriber. You can submit your questions to [email protected] After your question, please include the name you would want used as your signature.

All my best,
Tammy Colter
Editor-in-Chief
OH-Magazine.com
:angel:

Amy Williams
on 10/23/05 5:12 am
Topic: Card Shower Needed
Most of you know or have heard of Kirk Thompson whom is part of ObesityHelp Staff. He's help thousands of members each day on the site and to help them find surgeons in their area. He's got a heart of gold.
For those that aren't familiar with him, please visit his profile to learn more about him.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=T983696607

He recently on the 19th reached 4 years post op but on top of that - and has been such a inspiration to so many of us losing over 450 pounds. But beyond that I wanted to let you know that Kirk has taken ill and could use our prayers and support. He has something called flesh eating bacteria (Necrotizing Fasciitis), This diagnosis is very rare and can be very serious. He also is suffering from a staff infection and Cellulitis. He is in quarantine and is pretty much isolated at this time. He is currently being picked up 3 times a day and transported for treatments.

The good news is this: The doctors think they have isolated and stopped the flesh eating bacteria! They remain concerned and are monitoring Kirk closely. Kirk is doing all he can to not go back into the hospital....he really should be there, but he is so tired of hospitals that he just couldn't take it anymore.

Please all, he needs our support. This is a very hard time for him right now. Kirk is a truly wonderful person and is always thinking of and doing for others. He is able to receive mail and other items. He said there are no restrictions...he just cant be around people. Even though he is very ill and on all kinds of medicines right now, he still is very concerned about ObesityHelp and how every thing is going. He sends his love to all.

Please if you can find time to send him a card or a little care package, or even just a letter letting him know you are thinking of him. Really anything to help him through these dark hard times. I can only imagine that being isolated in quarantine is absolutely so hard on him.

Kirk's mailing address is here:
Kirk Thompson
C/0 Mandy Swanson
19208 Rawhide Rd.
Jamestown, CA. 95327

Let's show Kirk lots of love,
Amy Williams
Member Services
Obesityhelp.com
Amy Williams
on 10/21/05 7:55 am
Topic: Why do you eat?
Do we all have emotional eating problems?

This is something I would have to say has been one of my biggest denials
since surgery. I refused to believe that I had any emotional attachment to food, but I found that I do. In fact...I LOVE food. I ate it when I was both happy and sad. Some of the most difficult situations will put you in that position again even after surgery that food is your comfort. This is called snacking. It's a very bad habit that can be picked up after surgery and lead to weight gain. So you might ask what can be done?

Well......

I would like to introduce Dr. Roger Gould. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Gould in New Jersey at the East Coast National event. He is a man who has for years worked with individuals to identify what is their emotional attachment to food. Dr. Gould hosted a class during the event and so many members walked away with so much insight. The great news is that Obesityhelp has been working with Dr. Gould to develop an "Emotional Eating" forum to talk directly with him about your personal issues and then work through them. This will be coming to you all within the next few weeks so be checking back often for links to the new area.

Dr. Gould will be checking the main message board post often to start answering some of your questions.

If you have a question for Dr. Gould and would like to join the discussion please click on this link.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/postdetail/1559282.html?vc=0

Amy
Valerie Renee
on 10/21/05 6:16 am - New York, NY
Amy Williams
on 10/20/05 3:25 am
Topic: Have you tried Instone Pudding?
Instone Nutrition would like to thank the 650 people who sampled the High Protein Pudding through ObesityHelp.com. Instone would like to hear your feedback on the product. Please let us know your thoughts by clicking on the link below.

To post a review, please go here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/nutritional+product+detail+Instone+Pudding+ksp.html click on the link to log into your profile and post your review on Instone Pudding.

Thank you all again!
Amy
JC
on 10/19/05 1:00 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: DR HURWITZ TOMORROW ON TODAY SHOW

NBC has changed Dr Hurwitz - plastic surgeon and author - appearance on the TODAY show to tomorrow, THURSDAY - So many of you have contacted me, wanting to see this - I just received notice of the change from today to tomorrow and wanted to let you know.

Please watch this - it's going to be exciting !!

:wave:

JC Co-Ceo, ObesityHelp
nikkij
on 10/18/05 2:36 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: "Plan C" Contest Winners & a NEW contest!
Plan C Contest Results... :clap:

Congratulations to our 3 prize winners, selected by random drawing:
David from Massachusetts
Crystal from Indiana
Wendy from Idaho

AND, our SURPRISE Grand Prize winners also selected randomly, who will receive a copy of the Plan C book and a chance to talk to the author via conference call:
Leann from Illinois
&
Dana from Illinois

(Between baseball and Plan C, was Illinois a lucky state this weekend or what!?)

Thanks to everyone who entered... you are all winners in our book!

Also, I am pleased to announce our next contest:

OH Cover model Allison Bottke has generously donated 2 full sets of her inspirational writings for a special OH Magazine contest giveaway.

Often compared to the popular "Chicken Soup" books, these books contain inspirational and spiritual true stories written from a Christian perspective.

Two lucky winners will each receive 11 books::-o

1. Journeys of Joy
2. Journeys of Love
3. Journeys of Hope
4. Journeys of Friendship
5. God Allows U-Turns
6. More God Allows U-Turns
7. God Allows U-Turns--American Moments
8. A Woman's Journey
9. God Answers Prayers
10. God answers Mom's Prayers
and
11. God Answers Prayers--Military Edition

For more information about the contest and for entry information, please visit http://www.oh-magazine.com/contest.php

Invite your friends to enter, too! :gossip:

Best,

Nikki Johnson
Managing Editor
OH Magazine
stagedoor
on 10/16/05 12:27 am - Central Cali Where The Wind Blows Like H*LL!, CA
Topic: Fashion Show Models for OH Convention Needed!
I'm starting to gather the new Fashion Show Models for the Saturday Night Fashion show at December's OH National Convention in Irvine, California! I've heard from a few of you "officially," but some others have said they are interested, and I haven't heard "officially!" This is a really "fun" event that anyone on their journey can participate in. But it's "first come, first served!" Here's what I need...if you did not model in last year's Fashion Show, and want to be in this year's, email me at [email protected] and send me a before picture of yourself in jpg format to use. Also start thinking about what you are going to model. The theme for the show is "Dream It, Be It" and I want all models to think of either something they dreamed of wearing before WLS and now can finally do so, or something they want to (or wanted to) be and wear an outfit indicative of that! Then I need a little "blurb" to read about you...your WLS date, your total pounds lost, and a little bit about your "dream!" And for all of you who modeled last year...I need you, too! After the "newbie models" have come out, I want to have you come out also, but your "blurb" needs to include any changes since last year...new "significant other," new job, new plastic surgery, whatever! Just so we can see that your "dream" is well on it's way! An email has been sent to each of the last year models, and you should have it...but if it doesn't show up in your mailbox, that's what I'm looking for. Please also email me at [email protected] with your info. I won't need your "before" photo, because I'll just be announcing your name, and your "update" as you come out. Thanks! Hope to hear from all of you soon! And GUYS....YES you can model! We had guys last year! Stagedoor Debbie California
JC
on 10/14/05 7:03 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Update - Dr. Hurwitz on Oct 19th
Hi All,

Be advised there has been a date change from the original post due to NBC scheduling changes. Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz is going to be on the Today Show: Wednesday (October 19th) to talk about post-WLS plastic surgery. (Times may vary, check your local listings for details).

Mark your calendars, and you can refer to the original post for further details.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/postdetail/1545741.html?vc=0

-JC

Co-Ceo

ObesityHelp
JC
on 10/13/05 4:04 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Today Show - Dr. Hurwitz

Hi everyone !!

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz, who works closely with us, is going to be on the Today show on Wednesday to talk about post-WLS plastic surgery. We thought this would be of interest to you.

So, we hope you watch internationally renowned Plastic Surgeon, Dennis J. Hurwitz, MD, FACS on NBC'S TODAY Show, October l9, 2005 (Times may vary, check your local listings for details). Check our homepage for updates.

I hope you will take the time to let us know:
1. Is an anouncement like this of value to you?
2. Do you mind / would you like an email announcement of such things in order for us to get valuable information to you?

If you would like to read more about Dr. Hurwitz, or would like to find out how to order his book, please click here.

Thanks. to all of you !!!
- JC
Co-Ceo
ObesityHelp

Most Active