Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/05 6:00 pm - CA
Topic: This is going to be a cold winter so snuggle up
Have you gotten your ticket yet for the West Coast National Event?
We are getting so excited here with all of the speakers and vendors; it is going to be a full house. Do not miss this West Coast National on Dec., 2, 3 and 4 in Costa Mesa - California. We have members flying in from all over the US and the world. We have members coming from England, Canada, and Mexico and as far away as Australia. - So this years convention is turning into an International Experience. Don't be left out ---
For more information -

http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/december2005-california.html

Here are just a few of our speakers:

Colista Lich
Expanding Your heart as you shrink your body
Dr. Scott Boliver, Ph.D.
See past video clip
Men's Issue Group
Lifestyle Changes for Lifelong Success
Head Hunger - A cognitive Behavior perspective
Susan Bredhoff, MTF, MS
Stop Eating your Stress
Kimberly Do, R.N.
Getting pass the carb-cycle
Gaining Weight after gastric bypass surgery
Dr. Monica Ganz, Ph.D
More Info
See past video clip
Learning to Think Thin
How to accept the NEW YOU and who you have become!
Support Group Leaders Only More Ideas and fun things too!
Over 50 and feeling better then ever...
Hey Mom - you were not the only one going through these changes! (with daughter Nikki Ganz)
Toni Lloyd, Chapter Leader
Life in the Fat Lane
Richard Lebby
Spouse or support person issues group
Sharon Lindsey
More Info
Anorexia - the danger signs and results
Kevin Lawerence
Not all Proteins are the same
Gary Viscio, Esq.
Getting your insurance company to cover your bypass and your plastic surgery.
Dr. Leslie Seppinni, MFT, Psy.D.
How to handle the emotional roller coaster effects
Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, MD
More Info
See past video clip
Total Body Sculpturing after massive weight loss

Dr. Alan Forrest, DC
Taking care of your muscles and bones during and after weight loss
Kim Delamont, NP
Success is up to you
Margie Martin, M.S., MFT
Help I can't stop eating my emotional eating is coming back...
Virginia Alexander
Going from ordinary to extraordinary
Karen Donaldson, MS
Strength Training for Real People
Barbara Thompson
More Info
Pushing past those post-op perils

Dr. Jacqueline Jacques, ND
Nutritional issues for WLS and for life
The ABC's of your Vitamins
William "Big Willy" Elijah
See him in OH Magazine Order Issue
Attitude Sessions
Lori Ridgeway-Cochrane
More Info
Bariatric Behavior - Rules of the Road for long term success
Goal Setting Workshop
Laurel Mellin, M.A., R.D
The Solution Plan
Lee List, Chapter Leader
Lifestyles of the not fat, not rich, by very famous...Is that You?
Xina
More Info
Resolutions for a Lifetime
Syze Esteem - The 7 Day Mental Diet for Better Body and Self Image
Dr. Glenn Marshak, M.D
More Info
Results of a new study - that may help all obese people

Dr. Dennis Hurwitz, M.D.
More Info Order his book
Can you benefit from Total Body Lift surgery?
Loraine May
To be announced
Lauralyn Bellamy, M.A., Mdiv
Embody Success
Are you being penny wise and pound-foolish?
Jan Williamson
Author of "Bariatric Support: Crossing Over to a New You"
Valerie Campbell
Recipe Adaptation - Learn how to adapt your favorite recipes to your bariatric diet, without compromising tastes and keeping with the low-carb, low-fat craze.In this class, you will review the rules of the pouch and learn how prepare foods you love using healthy ingredients and various spices and herbs.
A Closer Look At Childhood Obesity - Now that WLS patients are well on their way to a healthier, happier life, " What about my children" is a resounding theme in the WLS world. In this session, learn how to apply the principles of your new lifestyle change, to your children's daily diets.You will learn of alarming statistics related to childhood and adolescent obesity and you leave the session knowing what to do to change it.

Calling all Disneyland Fans - all Mickey Mouse fanatics - all want a be Princesses or Peter Pans - We are all going to Disneyland on a Scavenger Hunt as part of the West Coast National Convention. Those who want to participate either on Thursday, December 1 or Friday, December 2, before the event starts. We have the hunt all set up for you with prizes for the winners. The winners to be announced Saturday night at the party and prizes awarded.

If you want to enter into the Disneyland Scavenger Hunt you must either post here or e-mail me so we have a puzzle packet ready for you at the hotel. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. This is going to be a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your other WLS friends from all over the boards.

So let me know if you want to take part in our Disneyland Scavenger Hunt - and let's all whistle while we work and go visit the New Haunted Mansion and the New Space Mountain. Let's Celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary year with Mickey and his friends.

Hope to see you there!
Mickey Mouse and Monica

Valerie Renee
on 11/7/05 6:27 am - New York, NY
Topic: DC/VA/MD SUpport Group Meeting
Empower Support Group's next support group meeting is being held on Saturday, November 19, 2005 in Dumfries VA from 2:00 pm -3:30 pm We invite you to join us ! Please email me for directions and to RSVP so that we can prepare adequate refreshments. [email protected] Valerie
Harriet S.
on 11/7/05 12:15 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Looking for Psychiatry Therapist
HI, I'm looking for a Pscychiatry therapist in the metro area. I met with ?Dr, Paul Lin on the 31st of October 2005 he was a very soft spoken gentlemen and nice also. after the meeting I was giving a package that contained a lot of information it also contained a therapist but everytime I call her she is never in I have left numerous messages for her to return my call but she hasn't as yet. Can someone please recommend a therapist to me that's the only thing holding me up from getting a date for surgeray. according to Dr. Lin as soon as I turn in the papwerwork from the therapist they can send my paperwork forward. Can someone please help me resolve my problem. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
Amy Williams
on 11/6/05 4:29 am
Topic: CHAT TONIGHT (11/06) PROTEIN
I wanted to invite everyone to a special chat Obesityhelp is hosting with Kevin Lawrence, the creator of Power Crunch TONIGHT: Sunday,November 6th 5pm PST/8pm EST. The topic for the night will be "Learn the facts about Protein". We can all benefit from this chat as Kevin is very experienced in this field to answer your questions.
You can read more about Kevin in an article done for the OH Magazine:
http://www.smarthealthstore.com/OH_Article.htm

The chat will be open 30 minutes before the start. Questions will be compiled at this time. There will be a special banner you can click on to enter the chat once the room has been opened on the MAIN message board. Please note that only the moderator of the chat can see your questions, and we will present them to Kevin once he arrives.
You can send your questions in advance to ensure they will get asked.
Please send any questions you might have to [email protected]

Mark your calendars now.
Sunday November 6th
5pm PST/8pm EST

Special thanks to the Smart Health Store for sponsoring this chat!
www.smarthealthstore.com

Amy
Member Services
Obesityhelp.com
PHA STAR
on 11/6/05 1:44 am - washington, DC
Topic: DC/MD/VA
Hello I'm going to start walking on weekend mornings(7am) at Haines Point or down on the monument. If anybody from the DC Metro area would like to join me just let me know. I already walk in the evenings on the monument because they close the gates to Haines Point pretty early, and there are a lot of people walking on the monument in the evening. If you would like to join me....let me know.
Amy Williams
on 11/3/05 12:44 am
Topic: SPECIAL CHAT ON PROTEIN
I wanted to invite everyone to a special chat Obesityhelp is hosting with Kevin Lawrence, the creator of Power Crunch on Sunday,November 6th 5pm PST/8pm EST. The topic for the night will be "Learn the facts about Protein". We can all benefit from this chat as Kevin is very experienced in this field to answer your questions.
You can read more about Kevin in an article done for the OH Magazine:
http://www.smarthealthstore.com/OH_Article.htm

The chat will be open 30 minutes before the start. Questions will be compiled at this time. There will be a special banner you can click on to enter the chat once the room has been opened. Please note that only the moderator of the chat can see your questions, and we will present them to Kevin once he arrives.
You can send your questions in advance to ensure they will get asked.
Please send any questions you might have to [email protected]

Mark your calendars now.
Sunday November 6th
5pm PST/8pm EST

Special thanks to the Smart Health Store for sponsoring this chat!
www.smarthealthstore.com

Amy
Member Services
Obesityhelp.com
Tammy C.
on 11/1/05 9:53 am
Topic: National TV Show Interview?
Hi Everyone, :wave:

I spoke to a national morning TV show this afternoon. They have asked for our help in locating people who are willing to share their personal journey and struggles with obesity. They will be featuring an important series on Obesity next week. The show will pay all expenses, travel, hotel etc. They are currently seeking:

One child, one preteen, and one teen-(Parents permission needed. The parent must be the one to respond.)

They are also seeking one person who has not had WLS but may be considering it or would like help.

And finally, they would like to interview one post op patient or someone who has lost allot of weight on their own.

If you are interested in sharing your story and would like to be considered, please send your name, email address and phone number to: [email protected] Please indicate what segment you would like to be considered for and share a little of your story. (Doesn't have to be long!)

Please know that ObesityHelp understands and respects that many of you would like to maintain your privacy as you reach out for information, support and inspiration. We just thought we would pass this opportunity along for those of you out there who may want to share your journey.

All my best,
Tammy Colter
Director of Media and PR
Obesityhelp.com
:angel:

Ronda E.
on 11/1/05 8:34 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: Women who took Relora Needed
Are you a woman between the ages of 25-50 who used the herbal supplement Relora to lose weight. First for Women Magazine is looking to interview someone who has lost weight with this supplement while also losing weight through weight loss surgery or some other means. If this sounds like you, please contact Brooke Ross at

Tel: 201.569.6699 ext. 284

[email protected]

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp :type:
Zanetta
on 11/1/05 3:46 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Ask the Plastic Surgeon!
HELLO MY NAME IS ZANETTA AND I HAVE BEEN OUT FROM MY WLS FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR AND A DAY. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT DR.DOCTOR IN THE WASHINGTON DC AREA TAKE MEDICARE AND WHAT ARE THINGS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE FOR THEM TO PAY FOR THE SURGERY. LIKE NOW I HAVE LOSE 145LBS AND HAVE A LOT OF SKIN. I PRESENTLY WEIGHT 265 I STARTED OUT AT 402LBS. I STAND 5'5 AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH MORE DO I NEED TO WEIGHT. I KNOW THAT YOU PROBABLY GET THIS QUESTION ALL THE TIME. BUT I THINK ALOT OF MY WEIGHT IS THE EXTRA SKIN THAT IS HANGING. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Ronda E.
on 10/28/05 6:19 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: The Last Supper
As a pre or post op are you familiar with the term the last supper? Did you feel the need to have one final large meal prior to surgery or maybe even a whole month worth of last suppers? Did you gather with family and friends and how did you feel about yourself after you binged? If this sounds like something you or someone you know participated in before surgery, please send me a short email telling me about your experience for an article in OH Magazine. Please send comments to [email protected].

Ronda Einbinder
Public Relations Manager
ObesityHelp :type:
Most Active