Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 7:31 pm - CA
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 7:19 pm - CA
Topic: Hawian Cruise and Conference
ObesityHelp Hawaii Cruise 2006

Norwegian Cruise Lines - Pride of Aloha!

Welcome to The Whole New Hawaii!

Imagine Hawaii - What do you see? Oahu's glittering Diamond Head and dazzling Waikiki Beach? Maui's lush valleys, tropical beaches, waterfalls and rainforests? Kauai's spectacular Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon? Or the Big Island of Hawaii's volcanoes, black sand beaches and 13,000 foot high mountains? Hawaii is a kaleidoscope of natural beauty, and each island offers a unique and thrilling experience of it's own. So which Hawaiian Island do you choose? We invite you to experience them all - on an unforgettable life-changing vacation.

Come and join us while we travel and learn together. We had a marvelous time while sailing to Alaska this past summer - so now we are headed for warmer weather and clear blue waters. We will be joined by some wonderful speakers who will share their pearls of wisdom while you collect your own pesrls from the beaches of Hawaii. Come and spend a vacation with your WLS friends and family. ObesityHelp will be there to take care of your needs and feed your brain., We will let the Chef feed your pouch.

Some of the classes that we will be holding are:

Chair Exercise that anyone can do - anywhere

Road Sign to Success

I've Lost the weight...now what

What do I do with all of this skin - I do not like the layered look

Thin brained vs. Fat Brain

Behavior Changes in becoming the new you

Scrap Booking Class

Craft time under the palms

Where did all of my Vitamins go?

Learn to Walk again with Grace

These are just a sample of the many options that you will have for learning and sharing. We will have plenty of time to see the sites and play. You can be as busy as you choose or do nothing at all - Thant's the beauty of a cruise.

Hope you can join us.

For more detailed information please contact:

Daniel Schmier

All Star Travel

800-818-3739

E-Mail: [email protected]

Come and sail with us,

Monica Ganz, Ph.D.

Director of Events and Support Groups

866-957-4636 x 385

ObesityHelp, Inc.

Sailing dates: November 5 to 12, 2006 - Leaving from and returning to Ohahu, Hawaii
Golfmom
on 1/7/06 9:27 pm - North Bethesda, MD
Topic: RE: Looking for events
I am part of the Shady Grove Adventist Hospital support group. Although it is run primarily by Dr. Barry Greene, many, many of us are not Dr Greene patients but now live in Montgomery County. We meet 2nd Monday and 4th Sunday of the month (www.advanced wls.com). We've gotten together to have a "simple supper" potluck once a month. Everyone brings a dish and it's lots of fun. I'm hosting the January Simple Supper on Saturday, January 14th at 4 pm. I hope this is convenient for most of you. It'll be early enough that the youngins can go out afterwards and us, older folks can get to relax early and those of us Post-Ops (WLS and PS) can get off our feet! I'm right near Cabin John Shopping Center/Montgomery Mall. Email me off line for address and directions. RSVP with what you're bringing so we're sure to have lots of variety. Bring your favorite low carb dish and recipe. Pre-Ops and Post-Ops are welcome. Meet everyone, have fun, eat good stuff, ask all your questions and get helpful hints. Come One - Come All Gale
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 4:30 pm - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: Looking for events
Hi If you go here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/events.php you can click links to local events and see the OH regional events schedule. Good luck!
Birthday Patrol
on 1/4/06 4:31 am - Birthdayland
Topic: HB VA Girl!
The Birthday Patrol is here to honor our very own: Deb125 125 of Pensacola, FL Janice H of Mission, KS Katie Elliss of Billings, MT Monika Cayson of Ft Knox, KY nomore4me_ ty of Houston, TX Pretty Cat of Guthrie, OK Sheila J of Mankato, MN VA Girl of Washington, DC HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... YOU GO, DEAR FRIENDS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! God bless you and may all your wishes come true!! & {{{HUGS}}} & Melissa Mermaid & All Your AMOS Pals P.S. The Birthday Patrol celebrates your real birthday (not surgery anniversary dates). This way EVERYONE can participate. Click on "Birthday Patrol" (profile link) to find out how to sign up for the Birthday Patrol. Customarily, ONLY THOSE WHO ACTIVELY SIGN UP FOR BIRTHDAY PATROL ARE ACKNOWLEDGED BY A POST ON THEIR BIRTHDAYS. Please do not feel left out if you don't "sign up" ... There is no other system available to us for gathering this information. Birthday Patrol is NOT an official OH project. P.P.S. VERY IMPORTANT: If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for "Birthday Patrol," please double-check the list in about a week after submitting to make sure you're on it; the computer has not always been kind!
cynsirk
on 1/3/06 10:59 pm - Mechanicsville, MD
Topic: Looking for events
I read lots of profiles for inspiration from the before/after photo page. Often I read about members who attend WLS functions, luncheons, discussions, even cruises! Anyone know about any in the MD/VA/DC area? I am almost 3 months out from open RNY and feel great. Would like to meet other patients in my area. Cynthia S.
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/05 6:20 pm - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: Any Lap Band information meetings in the DC metro area?
Hi this board sadly is kind of dead. You might try posting this to the lapband forum for a better chance at lively answers. You can find that board by clicking the forums link up top in the yellow strip and then choose from the Surgery Types drop down menu. Best of luck!
Isa
on 12/25/05 9:30 am - Barcelona, Spain
Topic: Any Lap Band information meetings in the DC metro area?
Hello and happy Holidays! Do you know of any lap band information meetings in the DC metropolitan area? I would really like to attend one during the first week of January. Warm regards, Isabel
kizie23
on 12/21/05 9:04 pm - blacksburg, VA
Topic: Vitamins
Hey everyone I have not been on in a few days. My life has been very stressful. Somone stole my checkcard and charged about 600 dollars worth of merchandise to it. I am so very upset, as we sometimes live paycheck to paycheck. The good thing about it, is that we had just finished buying my daughters Christimas gifts. The bad thing, I had not had a chance to send out checks for the bills. I am only glad that we found it when we did. My question does anyone have a complete list of vitamins that we need to take after surgrey?? I want to make sure I have a complete list of everything. I thought I had my stuff together, but then so much has been gonig on. Thanks, Melissa
Amy Williams
on 12/21/05 2:54 am
Topic: Holiday Eating Tips/Coping!
This time of year can be a very stressful time for everyone. You might remember just a few weeks back we introduced Dr. Roger Gould, Dr. Gould has been working with us to create a forum dedicated to "Emotional Eating". We expect to launch this in early January. Dr Gould is making available a web application he developed to help people cope with holiday stress. As we all know, during the holiday season the stresses that we face create obstacles that make eating or "snacking" a real problem. This link leads you through some useful material that can really help you cope with the stresses you face.

http://www.masteringfood.com/entry.asp?f=oh&t=holiday

Have a happy and safe holiday season!

Amy Williams
Member Service Dept.

Ps. If you are looking for some last minute gift ideas, check out the OH Store. http://www.obesityhelpstore.com/
(Buy yourself something nice, you deserve it!)
Most Active