Recent Posts

Shravan Panyam
on 9/13/12 12:37 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Announcing Forum Upgrades!

Its been over six years since we've launched our forums. During this time it has seen thousands of fresh faces, greetings, meetings, partings, arguments, kind words, life transformations, cathartic rants, and simply happy time pass. It has been with us throughout this time, silently observing and facilitating. But like any wise old man, its bones were getting old. Its joints were aching, and it has been needing a new jolt of energy.

A Mobile World
Did you know that over 30% of you visit our website using a mobile device? For those who do visit us via mobile, we owe you a sincere apology, because our forums have been horrendous on a mobile browser. But the big news is that things are about to change! Our new forums are completely mobile friendly and compatible with iPhone, Android, and pretty much any other modern smart phone.

Each post, topic, and forum shows up beautifully, with the full set of features, and in nice large font. See the screenshots for yourself.

You dont have do anything different, just browse to the forums like you normally would. This means that you can finally put these away:

Not Just for Mobile
The interface on your desktop browser has also been cleaned up a great deal. There is now less clutter on the page, and the overall experience is a lot cleaner. Check out some more screenshots here!

You will notice that each post no longer has 400 buttons below it. Only the buttons that are relevant to each post show up, making your screen space a lot less cluttered. Also, when you reply to another person's post, the entire post is indented inside, making it a lot easier to figure out who has replied to whom.

Launching soon! Maybe as early as next week! Maybe.
And do remember that this is not in any way a be-all-end-all when it comes to the forums. We are in the process of constantly learning and improving upon what we have, and this is just one step along the way.

Stay tuned for the changes! We look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

ObesityHelp Developer

groovykg
on 9/8/12 6:39 pm - VA
RNY on 02/27/13
Topic: Which practice is least "salesy"?
 I went to seminar for BluePoint and had an office consultation.  Idk... it just seemed a little showy.  AND they had a lot of out-of-pocket costs.  Can anyone refer me to a doctor that is just a doctor?  I can do a supervised diet with my PCP.  I do not want to spend $$$ for "nutritional counseling."
Member Services
on 9/8/12 1:46 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Hope & Help for the Pain of Regain

Join 17 year WLS veteran Colleen M. Cook for both a shot in the arm and a kick in the seat as she shares lessons from long-term losers and imparts insight, inspiration, and hope for WLS patients struggling with extended plateaus or weight regain. Her thoughts, stories, and personal experiences will inspire and motivate you to reach and maintain your optimum weight loss.

Also, don't miss her Keynote on Friday: Nothing Succeeds Like Success

We hope to see you in Atlanta, GA October 5th and 6th! Click here to book your ticket today!

Fast Facts About Colleen

-Colleen is the author of The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients.
- She is the president or Bariatric Support Centers International, a company that specializes in providing education and support services for weight loss surgery patients and the professionals who serve them.
- Colleen currently serves on the National Advisory board for the Walk From Obesity.
-Known as Ms. Enthusiasm, Colleen helps men and women from all walks of life recognize their extraordinary potential and then inspires then to aspire.

ncmdgirl
on 9/3/12 8:01 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery at Providence Hospital?
 Hi Sam,
Thanks for your response but I had my surgery in February 2010. I did go with Dr. Rockford and I have no regrets. Good luck on your journey and stay strong because everyday won't be easy. I am now 210 pounds down so claim your seat on the "losers bench"!!!
Just a few more steps to wonderland......and believe me I am taking baby steps (ugh).

samboris22
on 9/3/12 6:51 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery at Providence Hospital?
i am very pleased with the surgery itself it has completly changed my live dr rickford an his staff was very good for me . i anoly had gas but you have to walk and it will clear up in a matter of minutes i was 340  now i am 229 i had my surgery in septemer 30 2012 i excercise every day and eat small amounts .i still am dealing with the mental part which is i dont see my self as small as people say but they say over time that will change .if i had to do it all over again i would with the same dr rickford his bed side matter was great i have been wonderful i thank god everyday for this surgery love sam
phillejackson
on 8/10/12 5:27 am - DC
RNY on 08/15/12 with
Topic: RE: Cap Hill here
 Dr. Halmi with a group called blue point surgical out in fairfax. 
nikkib_87
on 8/9/12 5:49 pm
I'm going to a seminar with Dr. Afram next Thursday. Who did you choose?
phillejackson
on 8/9/12 11:50 am - DC
RNY on 08/15/12 with
 Hey Niki welcome and good luck. Have you found a surgeon you are intersted in yet?
nikkib_87
on 8/9/12 7:27 am
Hi Phil!

I'm new to the site, but I live in the district and I'm in the first stages of planning a surgery.
phillejackson
on 6/26/12 11:16 pm - DC
RNY on 08/15/12 with
Topic: Cap Hill here
Any other DC Area people around?
Most Active