Recent Posts

ramonacrawford
on 4/6/06 2:35 am - 'Washington, DC
Topic: Help me to choose a good insurance plan with a high approval rate!
I have made up my mind to have WLS!! I am getting ready to start a new job on 4/17/06, and I will have to choose an insurance plan that same day. I need advice on how to choose a health plan with a high approval rate for WLS. I want to research health plans before my start date;please send advice so I can start my quest for WLS approval on the right foot!
ramonacrawford
on 4/6/06 2:34 am - 'Washington, DC
Topic: I am new to this subject.Please help me to get started!!!
I just recently turned 38 years old,and for the first time I'm realizing that my weight gain has become a serious health hazard,and my life is at risk! I always had the ability to diet and lose weight very easily.Lately,with the increase of my blood pressure to alarming levels,my efforts are not successful,and I am afraid. I learned with the increase in my blood pressure,other bodily functions are suffering as well; lose weight-save my life-improve quality of life.I am now interested in WLS,like never before. I need help and direction with the entire process to start me on the road to choosing insurance with a high approval rate,to choosing a physician with bariatric experience.
Amy Williams
on 4/5/06 6:56 am
Amy Williams
on 3/31/06 11:03 am
Topic: Risks of Gastric Bypass?
Wanting to learn the risks associated with the Gastric Bypass?

In partnering with Synovis Surgical Innovations, Obesityhelp is happy to announce we have a free informational webcast on the risks with gastric bypass.

*Bleeding
*Blood Clots
*Bowel Obstructions
*Gastrointestinal Leaks

You can view this webcast on this link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/surgeryrisks/ and click "view presentation". You may have to download the plug in before viewing the webcast which is at the bottom of the page. If you've seen this webcast before or this is your first time please let us know your thoughts about it. If you can post here or email your comments to [email protected] This link is to help educate our members and we hope that you found it helpful.

Amy Williams
Member Services
Tammy C.
on 3/31/06 3:50 am
Topic: Who is your favorite American Idol?
Hello Everyone! :wave:

Let's have some fun! Do you have a favorite American Idol contestant? :dance::dance: Cast your "OH" Idol vote here and tell us about your favorite singer! Who had the best performance so far this season? Who do you think will win? And who will be the next to be voted off? The following contestants are still in the competition:

Elliot
Mandisa
Chris
Taylor
Kellie
Paris
Ace
Bucky
Katherine

:gossip: (Rumor has it that we have a few OH members that have had the courage to audition for the show!) :cool:

All my best,
Tammy
ObesityHelp.com
www.OH-Magazine.com

Amy Williams
on 3/31/06 2:26 am
Topic: Important: PROFILE SPRUCING
The volunteer html team is no longer accepting new profile requests or changes to current profile set-ups for the time being. For those of you that are already in line, we will be contacting you to discuss your previously submitted request. We apologize for the inconvenience but are pleased to announce that a new profile system is currently being developed that will be more maintainable and feature rich than our current one.

Some new items to look forward to this year:
Blogging
Avatar Uploading (Message Board Photo)
Photo Albums
Friends Networking
Pre-built Templates
and much more....

We have enjoyed helping you over the years in this capacity and look forward to helping you with the new set up when it is completed. In the meantime, we have a lot of busy work to do in order to get ready and ask for your patience and support during this time.

Thank you,
The HTML Team

Below is some basic Q&A about our changes; more announcements will be made in the near future.

Q: When are we going to be able to use the new blog system?

A: We are anticipating launching the actual blog system early this summer but will be launching several other significant changes prior to this to enhance the site as a whole.

Q: What about our current profile? If we like it as is and don't want to change it.

A: Please rest assured that your existing profile will still be available if you decide to keep it, but it is important to note that we will not be able to provide the additional features found in the new system. We will be offering you the ability to transition from the current system to the new and strongly encourage you do so in order to access all the new features that will be implemented.

Q: What should we do in the meantime while waiting for the new system? Should we not be adding new items?

A. There is no need to stop using your current profiles, as stated previously, it will still be available until you choose to upgrade. However, keep in mind that your current profile may not automatically carry over to the new system.

Q: What if we want to try out the new one but then don't like it, can we switch back to our old one?

A: Once upgraded, you will not be able to rollback to you old profile. However, your old profile data will still be available to you in order to make the transition much smoother.

Q: What will happen with all my current profile updates? Will it still have all my individual updates, pictures I've added, graphics, quizzes, tickers, music videos, midis etc?

A: All profile data may not be transferred automatically; however, we are dedicated to making this a real possibility. More announcements will be made in the near future.

Looking forward to all the new things to come in the next few months :jump:
RMBeauty
on 3/31/06 12:04 am - Rocky Mountain, CO
Topic: Life After Surgery - Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Denver
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to share that after losing over 130lbs life has changed dramatically. Exercising gives me such a good feeling (no kidding almost a high). It makes me feel great to be healthy and in control that exercising becomes almost addictive. Never thought it could be..LOL I truly hated to exercise when I was 300lbs. I still have 30lbs to goal but I know that I will accompli**** and maintain my desired weight because using the surgery as a tool is why I had the surgery. To think you can just eat and have no consequences after surgery is delusional. Too much food in against calories burned will make you gain weight. The difference is now our actions show results so it is easier to keep on track. I have done several 5K walks and now I am doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Denver. The Avon Walk is a marathon walk of 39 miles on June 24th & 25th, 2006. This is such an great cause that my team "Cheerful Walkers" is looking for others who would like to join the fight to eradicate breast cancer. We need help in our fundraising and are looking for sponsors. If you are interested and would like to make a tax-deductible donation to "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" and help us meet our fundraising goals go to our team website http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?team_id=20180&pg=team&fr_id=1180 and scroll down our team web page and choose a name under team roster, and then "Click here to Sponsor Me". We are also looking for others who would like to join our team to do the Avon Walk in Denver. All this information can be found on our team webpage. Life after surgery is so wonderful that I feel truly blessed and one of my ways of showing my gratitude is by helping others. Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 women in the US. Every 3 minutes a woman is told she has breast cancer. Every 14 minutes someone dies of breast cancer, it affects men too. We can help eradicate breast cancer together! Thank You for your time and consideration.
keaton
on 3/28/06 10:46 pm - DC Honey Now Living in MD, MD
Topic: RE: Having Children after WLS
Hi Ms. Pink, I had a healthy happy WLS baby last July. Everything went well with my pregnancy and I have dropped the weight gained while pregnant and more. I was 15 months post op when I conceived.
Ronda E.
on 3/27/06 6:02 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: New OH Mag Forum
Do you ever wish you had someone to discuss the OH Magazine articles with after you finished reading? Well, Obesityhelp.com has created a new forum just for that purpose. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/magazine is standing by waiting for your comments. It is simple to use. Just log in and click on the article or articles you want to comment about. Whether it is how interesting you found the article or how you don't agree with it, make your voice heard :idea: This not only gives you a chance to speak up but helps our editors know what you enjoy reading. So, please log on after you read your issue of OH Magazine. If you still need to subscribe log on to http://oh-magazine.com and indicate that you want to start with our current issue. I will be checking out the forum and waiting to respond to your comments!:jump:

Ronda Einbinder
OH Magazine :type:
Valerie Renee
on 3/22/06 5:06 pm - New York, NY
Topic: RE: Bariatric101 Support Group Meeting 3/16
The next support group meeting is April 20, 2006 from 6pm - 8pm at Providence Hospital across from the Ross Auditorium. (the pre-ops meet in the auditorium and post-ops and "no-ops" meet in a board room across the hall) Please be sure to join our Yahoo group as well for additional support. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bariatric101/ Also, email me your email address so that you can be included in the email announcements that go out about events. We walk on Saturday mornings at Haines Point at 7am and meet in the tennis court parking lot. This Saturday morning, we are meeting at Chinn Recreation Center, Woodbridge VA, instead, for water aerobics at 8:45 am. We look forward to having you ! Valerie Bariatric101.com Bariatric101estore.com Obesity Help Support Group Chapter Leader
Most Active