Recent Posts

kemalani
on 4/23/06 11:14 am - Waianae, HI
Topic: Articles for your Weight Loss Journey
Aloha To All My losing Buddies: Here is the list of Articles you all may choose from to help you along on your weight loss journey. If you could like me to email you a copy. Please email me and tell me which article(s) are of interest to you. 1. Combat Constipation 2. Copy of my Insurance Letter 3. Liquid & Pureed Diet Guidelines 4. Post Op Diet #2 The Pureed Diet 5. Post Op Diet #3 The Soft Diet 6. Post Op Diet #3 Guidelines of Soft Diet 7. Protein Shake Recipes 8. Sample Weekly Liquid Pureed Menu 8. Sample Weekly Liquid Pureed Menu 9. Sample Weekly Soft Diet Menu 10. The Power of Protein I hope all these articles will be of help. Love and Hugs, Kema
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 1:33 am - Remington, VA
Topic: any Dr. Kalan patients????
Hi I normally post on the VA board as I live in VA, but Dr. Kalan is out of DC....he was my surgeon. I would love to meet other patients of his! Kirsten
Amy Williams
on 4/22/06 8:58 am
Topic: Incase you haven't h...
Incase you haven't heard our site will soon be changing over to something totally new. Just in the past day our main message board has been totally changed on the beta site. Check it out here: http://beta.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/ Some features in the new boards include: the ability to edit your own posts, delete a post, have signature lines, and font selections. The site is operational and can be used to post on and search through. We are still working on more things to be added. Keep in mind the site is not 100% complete, which means we are still adding and changing things. This rollout focuses around implementing a new navigation, customizable homepage, bookmarks and a few other neat items that we know you will enjoy; however, our job is not complete. We are also in the process of adding more requested features to the site including: a new profile system, blogs, photo albums, private messaging, and much, much more. Stay tuned for more updates on these specific items. Check out the BETA site here: http://beta.obesityhelp.com We are anticipating the full launch of the site sometime this week, so one day you will come to the site and it's going to be totally different, so make sure you check out the beta site and familiarize yourself with it now Moving forward to better things! Amy OH Staff
kemalani
on 4/21/06 12:34 pm - Waianae, HI
Topic: RE: Need advice on insurance!!!!!!!!
Aloha Ramona, I actually had a bad experience with Kaiser regarding the insurance and the wait list. Have you started your letter? I have a copy of my letter if you need that? Kema
kemalani
on 4/21/06 8:46 am - Waianae, HI
Topic: Hawaiian Cruise
Aloha, Don't forget to sign up for the Hawaiian Cruise. It is going to be a blast. I would love to meet all of you. The Dates are November 5th-12th 2006. With a Land Conference November 4th. http://www.kemalani.com/HawaiiCruise.pdf Kema
ramonacrawford
on 4/20/06 10:25 am - 'Washington, DC
Topic: Need advice on insurance!!!!!!!!
I am new to this process and I recently began working with Kaiser Permanente. I had to choose their plan but I chose the plan with the most options and flexibility. Does anyone have any experience with Kaiser,or do you know any stories?
ramonacrawford
on 4/20/06 9:57 am - 'Washington, DC
Topic: RE: BCBS Denial because of Psych Eval
Hey Afro Cutey, thanks for responding to my message.I recently found out that on my new job I will be only offered Kaiser Permanente insurance. I did choose the plan with the most flexibility,and options-my hands were tied!!! Do you have any experience with Kaiser and WLS; do you know of anyone who has been successful with Kaiser?
Valerie Renee
on 4/20/06 7:14 am - New York, NY
Topic: Reminder: Support Group Meeting Tonight @ 6pm
Bariatric101 Support Group meets tonight at Providence Hospital (12th and Varnum, Washington DC, NE) in the board room across from Ross Auditorium. All are welcome ! Pre-ops, Post-op and No-ops We meet from 6pm to 8pm. Please ask the nurses at the tables outside the auditorium where the post-ops are meeting and they will direct you to our room. There is an information session held in the auditorium with Dr. Terrence Fullum for those interested in having the surgery or if you just want more info. Valerie Bariatric101.com
Amy Williams
on 4/18/06 8:08 am
Topic: 4/18 Site Updates
Be advised that tonight (4/18) between 8-9 PST the site will be down for forum updates. It should not be longer than an hour, but might take more time. This is to help in the upgrades. Thanks for your understanding in making these critical changes.

Amy
OH Staff
Amy Williams
on 4/18/06 2:58 am
Topic: **NEW** OH BETA Site
Hi Everyone :wave:

Over the weekend Obesityhelp had an Easter egg hunt. Those who missed it or never did find the egg, I'm going to tell you what it led to. We have been working hard to bring a more feature-rich experience to all our dedicated members and are pleased to announce that the BETA version is publicly available for you to browse and use! Keep in mind the site is not 100% complete, which means we are still adding and changing things. This rollout focuses around implementing a new navigation, customizable homepage, bookmarks and a few other neat items that we know you will enjoy; however, our job is not complete. We are also in the process of adding more requested features to the site including: a new profile system, blogs, photo albums, private messaging, and much, much more. Stay tuned for more updates on these specific items.

In the next few days there will be some changes to the message boards. We will be converting the boards to our new system, which you can see in action now in the Emotional Eating and Magazine forum. We are going to start with the main message board and work our way through all the boards. Some features in the new boards include: the ability to edit your own posts, delete a post, have signature lines, and font selections.

Check out the BETA site here:
http://beta.obesityhelp.com

We are anticipating the full launch of the site sometime next week, so one day you will come to the site and it's going to be totally different, so make sure you check out the beta site and familiarize yourself with it now :jump:

Moving forward to better things!

Amy
Most Active