Recent Posts

Valerie Renee
on 5/16/06 8:12 am - New York, NY
Topic: Local Support Group Meeting and Updates for Bariatric101
Subject: Support Group Meeting Reminder and Updates Hello All ! Reminder: (1) Our monthly support group meeting will be held on Thursday, May 18, 2006 at Providence Hospital @ 6pm-8pm. The topic of this meeting is " What Is Back To Normal." (2) Please remember to bring any protein products that you have that you did not like or could not tolerate and also any too big clothing items. This month is our protein and clothing exchange. (3) Please bring a before picture to share with the group. (4) Please bring a protein packed recipe to share with the group. Last week was the Obesity Help National East Coast Conference in Pittsburgh PA. I was a national presenter and three presentations. My topics were, Recipe Adaptation, A Closer Look At Childhood Obesity and Bariatric101- What you need to know. I also hosted a book signing and sold all but three of my books ! While in Pittsburgh, I was interviewed by the Pittsburgh Tribune. The article is slated to run in tomorrow's edition. For those still interested in going with the group to see Step Afrika (www.stepafrika.org), the deadline for tickets purchases is this Thursday. We are going opening night to the show and reception. The tickets are $75 per person. Please view the website for more info. If you would like to attend, please bring a check to support group. Lastly, please bring your ideas regarding our tea next month. I am trying to finalize the tea venue so that we we can have a great time. See Ya Thursday ! Valerie Campbell Facilitator ** Please remember that we walk at Haines Point with the Obesity Help Black American Forum on Saturday Morning @ 7am. Please meet at 6:50 am at the tennis court parking lot closest to the entrance of the park gates. The group also walks on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 5pm. If you have not already done so, please join our Yahoo Group, Bariatric101. ( http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bariatric101/ )
cmferber
on 5/15/06 3:22 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Topic: Dr. Brody's patients
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Brody? He practices out of George Washington University Hospital. Please let my know how your experience was. Thank you.
Tina J.
on 5/10/06 11:39 am - College PArk, MD
Topic: RE: Birthdays 5/1-5/7...
I am new here and my birhtday was may 7th----
Amy Williams
on 5/1/06 10:09 am
Topic: We are in the final ...
We are in the final testing stages on the beta site for the NEW look for Obesityhelp. If you haven't looked please do so. http://beta.Obesityhelp.com The full roll out will probably be sometime tomorrow afternoon. The site will be totally different, many of the same things, just better organized and added features. This change is essential for the many features that have asked for, uploading your own photos, profile privacy options, profile blogs, private messaging, etc. These will NOT all be in place for the change over, but will be coming VERY soon after the beta site is live. We have listened to member concerns with the site and message boards and are working on those things one step at a time. Be advised that we don't anticipate any problems, however anytime that you make changes, you never know what may happen. We will quickly address any issues that come up during the changes. Thanks for your patience as we strive to give you what you have asked for. :) Amy Williams OH Staff
ramonacrawford
on 4/30/06 11:30 am - 'Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Need advice on insurance!!!!!!!!
Please, I would love to see your letter concerning your experience with Kaiser Permanente. I haven't started a letter of any kind ;I only recently began working there. My benefits will be effective May 1,2006, and I will make my first PCP appointment May 1, or soon after so I can get started. Please send a copy of your letter,or anything that will help
black butterfly
on 4/30/06 9:07 am - UPPER MARLBORO, MD
Topic: Mo'Nique's F.A.T. Chance Users' Choice Awards
color=#8B4513]please take the time to view my page and to vote.....might be to far fetched for me to win, but it damn worth a shot :woohoo ........thank you so much in advance here is the link [URL=http://monique.blip.tv/?id=2897;s=file]FAT BLACK BUTTERFLY
Birthday Patrol
on 4/30/06 8:29 am - Birthdayland
Topic: Birthdays 5/1-5/7...
This week the Birthday Patrol honors our very own: Monday 5/1: Karen Isaacson of Stockbridge, GA Kateri Higginbotham of Branch, LA Nicole R of NJ Susan C of Twentynine Palms, CA Tuesday 5/2: Claudia H of Glendale, RI Jane M of Hampton, VA Lydia Smith of Stamford, CT Nikki S of El Cajon, CA Wednesday 5/3: Antoinette Thornton of Wilmington, DE Jo Ellen Andersen of Minneapolis, MN Lisa D of Kingston, WA Michele T of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA Ruhard2Please of Paragould, AR Thursday 5/4: Alli D of Comer, GA Beth George of Pelham, AL Lew Baustert of Dover, DE Maggie F of Washington, DC Marlene D of Phila, PA Friday 5/5: CatMomma3 of Twin Cities, MN Ellen S of Hockessin, DE Happy Momma (Elizabeth) of Wirtz, VA Joanie M of CT Kim Madrid of Pueblo, CO Sandy H of North Branch, MN Shannon Dutkiewicz of MI Tina Wilson of Whiteman AFB, MO Saturday 5/6: Judi Hill of Owatonna, MN Michelle G of Milner, GA Shelby Mc of Hueytown, AL Sunday 5/7: Carrie N of Hampton, VA Ruth B of Tallahassee, FL Sheila S of Cullman, AL Tammy O of Eagan, MN Terri Werner of Nashville, TN HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... YOU GO, DEAR FRIENDS, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! God bless you and may all your wishes come true!! & {{{HUGS}}} & Melissa Mermaid & All Your AMOS Pals P.S. The Birthday Patrol celebrates your real birthday (not surgery anniversary dates). This way EVERYONE can participate. Click on "Birthday Patrol" (profile link) to find out how to sign up for the Birthday Patrol. Customarily, ONLY THOSE WHO ACTIVELY SIGN UP FOR BIRTHDAY PATROL ARE ACKNOWLEDGED BY A POST ON THEIR BIRTHDAYS. Please do not feel left out if you don't "sign up" ... There is no other system available to us for gathering this information. Birthday Patrol is NOT an official OH project. P.P.S. VERY IMPORTANT: If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for "Birthday Patrol," please double-check the list in about a week after submitting to make sure you're on it; the computer has not always been kind! P.P.P.S. For the time being, birthdays will be posted each Sunday for the entire week.
Amy B.
on 4/26/06 10:21 am - Deerfield, IL
Topic: OT: Support Needed!
Hey fellow OHers, I'm not a DC resident, but I am an OHer just like you. I've just entered a contest for women size 14 and up and I need your help! Could you please visit this website http://bluebutterfly110.monique.blip.tv/ and vote for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help, Amy
Dx E
on 4/26/06 4:28 am - Northern, MS
Topic: D.C. Men?
Hey there guys! Sorry that this is sort of a "Broadcast Message" For all of the Men out on the Obesity Help Boards But I just wanted to drop by an Invitation. It's great to see other men out here. We make up such a small percentage (12%) Of the people having Weight Loss Surgery, But tend to reach our goal weights quicker and with less Or at least Different hassles than the Gals Due to Male physiology. Drop by the Men's Message Board And check out what other men like you are going through. It's a diverse make up of Dads, Singles, Older, younger, etc... Pre-Ops, Post-Ops new and some Old (at Goal) Post-Ops. Lap-Banders, RNY'ers DS, etc... Great bunch of guys with the mutual understanding That WLS for Men can be a totally different Journey. Stop by to add your questions, advice, opinions, and info at- http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/ It's Great to know we're not so alone, And that there are others pulling for you. Hope to see you 'Round the Boards! Best Wishes- Dx
Marian K.
on 4/24/06 4:16 am - Annapolis, MD
Topic: Volunteers Needed for Research Study
Doctoral Candidate is seeking participants for dissertation research study; on bariatric patients' pre- and post-surgical experiences. Individuals will be interviewed about their experiences before and after, with the focus being on evolution of self-image. All participants will be assured of complete confidentiality. Eligible paraticipants will meet the following criteria: - Caucasian women - Ages 35-60 at time of surgery - Must have had surgery at least one year ago If interested, please contact: Marian Kaufman, LCSW-C [email protected] (301) 261-6966 x3
Most Active