Recent Posts

Valerie Renee
on 7/5/06 9:46 am - New York, NY
Topic: RE: What's Happening with Dr. Fullum?
Dr. Fullum's departure is no secret. He took an academic position at University of MD and is consequently moving the practice to Glen Burnie and Baltimore. He has sent out and is still in the process of sending out letters to patients. He will now perform surgeries at University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore. I am sorry that you were not aware of this. Dr. Rickford is a very capable doctor and can handle your after care until Dr. Fullum has completely set up in the medical center downtown Baltimore. Valerie Bariatric101 Support Group Facilitator for Dr. Fullum.
deafdeer41
on 7/4/06 7:58 pm - Bowie, MD
Topic: What's Happening with Dr. Fullum?
Hi All, Boy was I suprised last week when I called Dr. Fullum's office to ask a question and make my 6 week follow-up appointment only to find the number was "disconnected" with no further information Needless to say, I dialed again, thinking it was my error. Not! I called Providence Hosptial and asked if he was still in business and was given a "temporary" number to call. I reached his office, but was told that Dr. Fullum was no longer in practice there and that he had moved to the Univ of MD. So, I asked the person on the phone was this a suprise because I was certainly suprised that I was not notified about his change in practice Perhaps the mail is slow I was told that his associate would be happy to see me and take over my case, so I made an appointment with him. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Not sure about anything any more. I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth - like I've be left at the alter. I've had the experience where my doctor has changed practices, however, in each of the 4 times, I received a letter with an explanation of their departure and an invitation to have my records transferred to their new offices. Again, maybe the mail is slow. So, I'm not sure if I should try to make an appointment with Dr. Fullum, or stay with his associate. Not sure if my insurance will cover a follow-up with him at the U of MD or not. Wow, I'm not sure of a lot and I don't feel good about it Anyway, I told the person who answered the phone that they should have the message changed to reflect their new number so it dosen't seem like Dr. Fullum didn't pay the phone bill or that he left in the darkness of night Just a thought. EW
Elana P.
on 7/3/06 1:57 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: RE: NEED HELP AND ADVICE ON LIQUID DIET BEFORE SURGERY?
Hey! I worked with Dr. Lin's partner, Dr. Lee. I went on the liquid diet before my surgery and it was fine. The cost is $230 and I still have extras from before surgery that i'm using now. I wasn't hungry during this time but I did want to taste food. You might want to consider going to one of the support meetings that his and Dr. Lee's patients have every two weeks, I've been going since before surgery and I love it. Good Luck, Elana
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/06 7:35 pm - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: NEED HELP AND ADVICE ON LIQUID DIET BEFORE SURGERY?
Hi - you might want to cross post this to the Virginia and Maryland boards since it seems many of Dr. Lin's patients reside there and those boards are more active than this one. Best of luck! ~Tooter OH Staff
ihenso
on 6/28/06 3:56 am - CAPITOL HEIGHT'S, MD
Topic: RE: Need advice on insurance!!!!!!!!
Yes I have kaiser and was denied the first time because I didn't complete six month process.But I went and completed all 6 classes and lost my 15 pds and was approved 2 weeks after.All I advise is to put in a request for all your paperwork from kaiser that you need to provide to your surgeon in advance because there pretty slow with that and you don't need anything to hold you up.I went to see surgeon Dr.Paul lin 6-26-06 very nice.I now have my surgery date for 8-17-2006 very excited and nervous a little but I'm trusting in jeuses.I think the process with kaiser went well. Good luck with everything and God bless.
ihenso
on 6/28/06 3:48 am - CAPITOL HEIGHT'S, MD
Topic: NEED HELP AND ADVICE ON LIQUID DIET BEFORE SURGERY?
I have Dr.Lin as my surgeon.He want's me to do a 3 to 4 week liquid diet that they provide for $200 and something.Has anyone done this help have questions?
Miss G.
on 6/25/06 12:07 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Dr. Brody's patients
Dr. Brody assisted on my surgery, 9-13-05. He was amazing - very professional, kind, and concerned about my well being. I would highly recommend him!
becky
on 6/15/06 11:38 am - AL
Topic: Prayers Needed...
Becky , Can you post this for me on the boards please . Thanks ! For those that do not know our brother in WLS - Bill Walker ( WillBThin ) has had a set back from complications from his RNY last week . Will has developed a Septic Infection. He is in Critical Condition at St. Mary's Hospital here in Richmond VA . His wife Stephanie is by his side . He is currently on life support and a kidney machine . His fever is being controlled with antibiotics and a cooling blanket . If you would like to send cards to Will and Stephanie ,I ask that you send them to me . I am putting together a basket of things for them and will include all of your cards . I am so thankful for those that have reached out and prayed for all concerned . Please Please continue to do so . I have attached his profile link to his support page , if you have not stopped by please do so and let him know you are thinking of him . Send all cards to : Natalie Carden c/o Will Walker 621 Pinehurst Ave Colonial Heights Va , 23834 http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/status.php?N=b1145736268 Many Many thanks to you all here at OH .. Natalie TINKERBELL ~~'s Email Address: [email protected]
overtherainbow
on 5/24/06 1:37 am - Somerville, MA
Topic: Philadelphia Gathering of Friends of WLS
Philadelphia Gathering of Friends of WLS Friday, October 6, 2006 - Sunday, October 8, 2006 Adults Only Registration Deadline is September 1, 2006 Late Registration Deadline is September 15, 2006 These weekend gatherings are about meeting and connecting with people who can understand the journey we all have taken and to have fun with fellow WLSers and support people. And this year is something a little special, a Halloween Costume Ball! You can even win prizes for your costumes! So grab your ghoulish gear and come see Philly in the Fall. We have finalized the Hotel Information for the Philadelphia gathering. The cost of the hotel is $99.00/per night, this is per room. You can call the hotel to make your reservations at 1-800-325-3535 or (215)547-4100 by September 15, 2006: Ask for "FRIENDS OF WLS". Sheraton Bucks County Hotel 400 Oxford Valley Road Langhorne, PA 19047 The hotel has a pool, hot tub, sauna and gym for guests to use at no charge. As a lot of people did at past gatherings, we recommend doubling and tripling up in rooms. If you are flying into Philly, the best choice is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) which is about 30 minutes south of the hotel on I-95; but you could also fly into Newark Airport (EWR) in New Jersey, which is about 1.5 hrs from the hotel. Cabs are available to the hotel, but we will try to organize our own little shuttle service, if we know what time people are coming into the Philadelphia airport. Remember, "You have a Friend in Pennsylvania" is our state motto- we will get you to the hotel! Please feel free to bring your Significant other or Support person, but children will not be allowed at the Friday night or Saturday night events. In addition, the Philadelphia area has a wealth of nearby attractions and shopping. The hotel is down the street from Sesame Place for those interested in a family activity. We will be releasing a full itinerary later, but a very brief overview is as follows: Friday, October 6, 2006 Mix & Mingle, evening Saturday, October 7, 2006 Sight seeing, during the day Dinner/Dancing a the Halloween Costume Ball Sunday, October 8, 2006 Farewell Breakfast Here are the costs associated with the weekend. COSTS: Deadline: September 1, 2006 Post -Op $ 72.00 Pre-Op/Sup $ 78.00 This includes: Registration fee: $25.00 Saturday night meal: Post-op ($35.00) Pre-op ($38.00) Sunday breakfast: Post-op ($12.00) Pre-op ($15.00) COSTS: Deadline: September 15, 2006 - LATE REGISTRATION- Money Orders Only will be accepted Post -Op $ 97.00 Pre-Op/Sup $ 103.00 This includes: Registration fee: $50.00 Saturday night meal: Post-op ($35.00) Pre-op ($38.00) Sunday breakfast: Post-op ($12.00) Pre-op ($15.00) We are still working on some of the details and activities, so more information is to follow. The registration forms are posted on the Philadelphia website: www.geocities.com/philly_wls_gathering/ or you can email us for it: [email protected] Please feel free to email Steve or me at [email protected], if you have questions or need more information. We can't wait to see you all there!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 5:04 pm - Yakima, WA
Most Active