Recent Posts

StacieB
on 8/1/06 4:26 pm - Portland, OR
Topic: RE: DC Hospitals
I don't know if this is any help, but my surgeon (Dr. Brian Long) just moved to Sibley. He's wonderful. I'm military, and I use Walter Reed. Other than being an old building(apparently they're building a new one), it was amazing. I still cannot believe the amazing care I recieved there. I don't know how much help that is! Good Luck!
Michelle N.
on 8/1/06 5:01 am - Mitchellville, MD
Hi BB, Sorry it's taken someone so long to get back to you. GW (George Washington University Hospital) is on of the best in the Washington Dc area. It's located on campus of the University, busy area, but also a high income area for WDC. Sibley is a smaller community hospital. In the Chevy Chase are, not as busy, but just as good. Good Luck, Michelle
Rebecca B.
on 7/28/06 8:03 am - Bradford, PA
I want to add that this surgery for my daughter is a non-bariatric surgical proceedure. we need to be in the city so any suggestions? thanks bb
Rebecca B.
on 7/28/06 5:58 am - Bradford, PA
Topic: DC Hospitals
Hey, checking in from PA and wanted to inquire about the different hospitals in DC. My daughter needs surgery and I we would like to get some info on the which hospitals to stay clear of. A surgeon in her network has privelages at Sibley and George Washington.... any one able to direct us in the right direction? thanks bb
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 4:25 am - Annapolis, MD
Topic: Any info on Dr. Afram?
Hi all, I have my first meeting with Dr. Afram out of DC on August 5th. Seminar then private meet. Anyone here a patient of his or met with him? I'm just looking for some feedback as to the type of doctor he is, what to expect, etc. Biggest decision of my life so far and don't want to make the wrong choice of doctor. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks! Heather
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/06 12:38 am - Chandler, AZ
Topic: Check this out
Checkout the Christian message board for the Verse of the Day and inspiration . http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/christianity/ Hugs, Sandyd
Total Package
on 7/10/06 5:14 am - Greenbelt, MD
canada
on 7/7/06 11:52 pm - ottawa, Canada
Topic: MOVING TO NORTHERN VA.. NEED HELP..
Hi guys, longtime guys I haven't been on in ages. My good friend will be moving to northern va. With her daughter and she's looking for a job do you guys no of any places that hiring right now and she's also looking for a place to stay like maybe a nice townhome for rent somewhere with space but not expensive. I know you guys will help if you had any info. Thanks in advance guys I hope everyone is well. Take care. Ooh by the way I'm 152lbs from 273lbs I look good danmittt!!!!!!!!!Lol
Valerie Renee
on 7/7/06 1:00 am - New York, NY
Topic: Attention Dr. Fullum's Patients
Update on Dr. Fullum's New Practice !!! As many of you know, Dr. Fullum has accepted an academic position with University of Maryland. He is setting a new practice and it officially opens on August 15th . Below is the contact info: Dr. Terrence Fullum, MD, FACS Center for Weight Management & Wellness University of Maryland Medical Center 22 South Greene Street, Ste N4E27 Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 328-8940 Please call the number listed above to schedule your pre or post op appointments. He will begin seeing patients on August 15th. A formal letter is going out to all patients soon. Dr. Fullum thanks each of you for your continued support and your patience as he makes this wonderful transition. In the new practice, he will be able to do more for his patients and he is ecstatic !! Valerie Campbell Bariatric101 Support Group Facilitator for Dr. Fullum
Madame
on 7/7/06 12:50 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Topic: C & L Support Group Meeting Tomorow 7/8/06
Just a reminder that Choosing and Losing to Live meets tomorrow at 12:30 Everyone is welcomed to join us. The Topic of Discussion in "LIFE AFTER WLS" We meet on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 12:30 - 3:00 at No Excuse Workout formerly Olympus Fitness & Aerobics 5470 St. Barnabus Road Oxon Hill, MD 20745 The gym charges everyone who is not a member $10.00 to enter if you plan to workout. Otherwise the support group meeting is FREE. Wear your workout gear - we will be meeting in the exercise room. Come early or plan to stay late to get your workout on. They have a dressing room, sauna and showers. For more info on C & L hit my www button below. Peace & Blessings, Madame
Most Active