Recent Posts

Michael Eak
on 3/27/07 8:00 pm - Largo, FL
Topic: Come Mingle Friday Evening May 4th in Orlando, FL.
I have secured the "Moon Terrace" on the 9th floor of the Castle! For the Friday evening "Meet & Greet" at The Doubletree Hotel, also the same location of the 2007 Florida OH Conference. From 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. If you get into Orlando early before Saturday morning, please come by to see old friends and make new ones. Fajita's and assorted Cheeses will be available starting at 6:30 PM till they run out. Plus plenty of Iced water, which we're hoping to get some of the "To Go Packet" Flavoring companies to send us their newest flavors. We were able to secure a block of rooms at the Best Western Plaza Hotel right across the street from the Doubletree Castle for the May 5th Orlando OH conference. $45.00 for a standard room and $59.00 for a suite plus tax of course. In order to get these rates you must use reservation code G/OH/IND and call 800-654-7160. And ask to talk with Ms.Zela Dykes. They will only hold these rates until April. 19th. Plus right now the conference fee is only $20.00, in Advance. $35.00 at the Door. What a deal!!!! Rooms at the Doubletree Castle Hotel start at $149.00 and up per night. Check under EVENTS above for further Conference details plus to Register!
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/07 12:50 am
Topic: BAF on OH
Hello All: For newbies and not so newbies, I just wanted to let you know that there is a forum on Obesity Help called the Black American Forum (BAF). If you are not familiar with it, please feel free to stop by to post comments, questions or concerns. Want to know how to get there: Click on "Forums" at the top of the page and you will see a drop-down menu Click on "Show All Forums" and you will see several boxes with forum names in them On the left side in the bottom box, click on "Black American" And then you will be at BAF Come by and post a comment. We would love to see you there. Grace & Peace Treena
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/07 10:59 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 10/26/06 with
Topic: People we need your help!!
So I'm going to shave my head for a good cause, this is to help raise funds for a Children's Cancer Research Foundation, please try to help and donate even a dollar if that's all you can afford this is the link for my profile, please forward it to your friends and hopefully we can raise a significant amount! https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=12821 Thank you!! Patricia Martinez
Honeybrown44
on 1/22/07 4:52 am - MD
Topic: RE: Scared to do but need to do it !!!!!
It is a scary process, but keep you head up and do your homework on the surgery. I haven't had the surgery as yet, but have elected to have "lap band" weight lost surgery. I will be consulting with a new doctor on 2/8/07 in Silver Spring, MD. Take care and God Bless... Peace By the way, I can be reached by clicking on my profile...
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/07 5:39 am
Topic: BLACK AMERICAN FORM ON OH
Hello All: For newbies and not so newbies, I just wanted to let you know that there is a forum on Obesity Help called the Black American Forum (BAF). If you are not familiar with it, please feel free to stop by to post comments, questions or concerns. Want to know how to get there: Click on "Forums" at the top of the page and you will see a drop-down menu Click on "Show All Forums" and you will see several boxes with forum names in them On the left side in the bottom box, click on "Black American" And then you will be at BAF Come by and post a comment. We would love to see you there. Grace & Peace Treena
prettywormen
on 1/10/07 11:20 am - port byron, NY
Topic: i got bad new
asking for pray for my cousin Josh who was in baghdad got shot in the neck dont know if he going to make it family was told if he doest he will be paralyzed from the neck down ila
overtherainbow
on 1/4/07 5:31 am - Somerville, MA
Topic: Its time to Register for the Friends of WLS Boston Gathering
Its time to register for the Friends of WLS Boston Gathering March 23-25, 2007. Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone that you think would enjoy this weekend. This weekend is open to all, Gastric Bypassers, Lapbanders, Dsers, etc. Boston Gathering of Friends of WLS Friday, March 23, 2007 - Sunday, March 25, 2007 Adults Only Registration Deadline is February 9, 2007 Late Registration Deadline is March 2, 2007 This weekend is about connecting with people that can understand the journey we have taken and having some fun with fellow WLSers and support people. I have finalized the Hotel information for the Boston Gathering. The cost of the hotel is $79.00/per night, this is per room. You can call the hotel to make your reservations at 1-800-325-3535 or (781) 848-0600 by March 2, 2007: Sheraton Braintree Hotel 37 Forbes Road Braintree, MA 02184 (Exit 6 off Interstate 93/state Route 128 ) We have been very fortunate to secure the $79.00 room rate again this year. The hotel has a good size pool, hot tub and saunas. They also have a full gym (Braintree Athletic Club) they offer daily memberships at $7.00 a day. If nothing else, it's a great getaway for the dreary end of winter... As a lot of us did at past gatherings, I recommend doubling, tripling and quadrupling up. Saturday during the day you will be free to go sightseeing in Boston or do whatever you like. There is a wonderful shopping mall across the street from the Hotel. It is a very reasonable car ride from PA, NJ, NY, CT, NH, VT, ME, MD, RI If you are interested in flying into Boston you have three airports to choose from. The first one is Boston's Logan International Airport, the other two are located about an hour away from Boston. They are in Manchester, New Hampshire and Providence, Rhode Island (TF Green). There is a shuttle to the hotel from Boston's Logan Airport. - See Logan Express Braintree is also on the T's red line (the T is Boston's rapid transit). The red line is accessible to South Station (where most Amtrak''s come into from the South.) The Tara (as it's known in the area) will gladly pick you up from the Quincy Adams T station. Please feel free to bring your Significant Other, but children will not be allowed at the Friday night or Saturday night events.In addition the Boston area has a WEALTH of nearby attractions. In late March you're looking at doable weather for walking trips in Boston. Also historic Plymouth is only a 40 minute drive (the Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower are there) And Quincy, the next town over is historically rich as well. Here is a brief overview of the weekend festivities: Friday, March 23, 2007 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Mix and Mingle 10:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m. - Private Pool Party Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Dinner/Dancing Keynote Speaker is Dr. Harry Pino, Exercise Physiologist, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Farewell Breakfast Here are the costs associated with the weekend. COSTS: Deadline: February 9, 2007 Post-op = $76.00 Pre-op/Support = $89.00 This includes the following Registration Fee = $30.00 Saturday Night Meal = $34.00 (4oz - post-op) = $39.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) Sunday Breakfast = $12.00 (4oz - post-op) = $20.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) COSTS: Deadline: March 2, 2007 - LATE REGISTRATION - Money Orders Only will be accepted Post-op = $106.00 Pre-op/Support = $119.00 This includes the following Registration Fee = $60.00 Saturday Night Meal = $34.00 (4oz - post-op) = $39.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) Sunday Breakfast = $12.00 (4oz - post-op) = $20.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) I am still working on getting a charter sightseeing tour, more information on that to follow. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Hope to see you all there!!!! Marie Friends of WLS
coG627
on 1/3/07 10:14 am - Greenbelt, MD
Topic: RE: Celebrity coming to support group meeting in Greenbelt Thurs !
When is your next meeting? I would like to check you out since you are so close to my home. Cara (a.k.a. coG627)
coG627
on 1/3/07 9:43 am - Greenbelt, MD
Topic: Glad to be back online!
Hey Family! I've missed you guys. I fainally am back up and runnign at home. So I plan to pop in and join in on a few discussions in the near future. Can't wait to get caught up. Blessings, Cara B (a.k.a. coG627)
Most Active