Recent Posts

Sherri O.
on 11/19/07 3:00 am - Jonesborough, TN
Topic: OH Events contest: where do YOU want us to come?
The 2007 event year is quickly coming to its end. We've had a lot of fun, met hundreds of people, made new friends, strengthened each other, and empowered ourselves to continue on our journeys. With the close of the 2007-year, our eyes turn to the future, to 2008. Where will we go? Our team has analyzed locations, researched demographics, met with support groups, consulted with area professionals for hours.. and HOURS.. and hours! We do this because YOU are worth it. It is our goal to reach out to as many people as possible. But, we can't decide where to kick off the 2008 year! We've arm wrestled, had ping pong tournaments, basketball games and other battles of wills. So... we need your help to make this decision! We're having a contest. Where do YOU want us to come to? Let us know! For the month of November, we will leave this post up. Reply and shout out to us where you want us to come to. If you have ever wished for OH to come to your area, now's the time to speak up! Get your friends, surgeon and support group involved! Simple reply to this post and let us know the area you want us to come to. At the end of November, we will count up all of the votes and we will make the announcement in December. Rules of the game: -Since this is a member's contest, you must be a member to vote -Each member can only vote once for the same area -Members CAN vote for multiple locations -One post, one vote. If you want to vote for another location, make a separate reply. -All votes have to be a reply to this one of the 'contest' posts -Due to logistics, we may not be able to come to the exact city requested, but we will come to that 'area' as close as possible. So now is the time to let your voice be heard! Where do YOU want us to come to?
J R
on 11/12/07 10:15 am
Topic: NEW on OH?Weight Tracker!

We’re always thinking up new ways to make your experience on ObesityHelp.com the best it can be, so we’re pleased to announce that the latest of the great tools we offer is launching now! Meet the new Weight Tracker, a simple-to-use tool that will allow you to see your weight and BMI changes over time in an easy-to-read graph.   

Weight Tracker is not just for people who are currently losing weight; it’s also a great tool for those of us who are trying to maintain a healthy weight. It’s easy for a pound (or five or fifteen) to creep back on. Weight Tracker will help you see those subtle changes happen so you can know when you may need to renew your efforts to get back on track!   

It’s fun and easy to share … and you can choose your level of privacy. We’ve even created a “widget” that allows you to post your results on your blog or other Websites with just a simple copy and paste! Click on over and give it a try!
MrsTee
on 11/6/07 2:44 am, edited 11/6/07 2:44 am - MD
SWEET Tink
on 10/30/07 7:46 am
Topic: VIRGINIA WLS EVENT - SOC HOP-GOTTA DANCE

THANK YOU FOR SPREADING THE WORD!

THE BUZZ IS CONTAGEOUS!

WILL WE SEE YOU AT THE HOP?

YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT!!!
WINTER CONFERENCE AND SOCK HO
P
JANUARY 19&20, 2008

HOLIDAY INN CENTRAL - RICHMOND, VIRGINIA

SAVE THE DATE!!
SPREAD THE WORD VIRGINIA!!!

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
SATURDAY - JANUARY 19TH:
9:30am - 11:30 am - Registration and Vendor Visits
11:30 am - 1:00 pm - Lunch / Speaker(s)
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Break-out Sessions (TBD)
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Dinner & SOCK HOP!
SUNDAY - JANUARY 20TH:
10:00 AM - 12 Noon - Breakfast / Speaker / Farewell

**Note: There are no scheduled activities for Friday - January 18th. You will have that evening to enjoy Richmond :)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE HOTEL AND PRICING FOR THE EVENT - PLEASE SEE MY PROFILE . ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME DIRECT .. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE !!

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

susanindc
on 10/29/07 10:58 pm
Topic: RE: Self-Pay OPtions w/Dr. Afram
THe GW Medical Faculty Associates surgeons work with insurance and can make arrangements for self-pay however, you'll have to talk to their billing people to work out the details.  This includes Dr. Lin, Brody and Lee.
MonicaK
on 10/29/07 1:35 pm - Washington DC metro, VA
Topic: RE: Do YOU want to Enlist but b/c of WLS you can't?
I have to say this.....Please dont think I am sticking up for the Army as that would NEVER happen...It is the rules! THey dont want Fat people as they are an issues waiting to happen BUT we have to have special things like Vitamins, Cal and they are not always ready for you when you are deployed in the field or a war zone.We dehydrate a lot quicker then others who have not had this surgery and we need extra things like protien,,, They have had there rules for years adn it is not You it is everyone. You are not being turned away for not being good enough but it is the rules.    I am from a long line of military and I do know no branch will take you after these measures we took. I knew this befor hand I guess you did not.    My hubby is in the Coast Guard and was in the Marines that is where we met.....It is not personal, they do now take Gays eather...THis I do not understand but I can say it will change one day but this one for us will not.....   I do thank you for wanting to defend our great country but like me you will have to do it in a different way :( I am sorry I know you want to go in but it will not ever happen as this is rules that will not change and if they do it will not be in the next 10 years. I choose to work for the USO now I am still helping out nation by upporting our troops and familys....Good luck in finding your way....

If life hands you lemons find a friend with Vodka and have a party!

I love to ride my motorcycle with th wind in my face and I could not have done this without my 
RNY 10/24/05
TT-10/18/07

MonicaK
on 10/29/07 1:24 pm - Washington DC metro, VA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon Recomendations
Hello,     I just had PS last week. I had a great surgeon on DC and we did it at Washington Hosp....Great care really...My doc is great as is her team....give them a call... The Washington Insitute For Plastic Surgery....202-785-4178 my doc is Dr. Oteo but I have see all of them for after care in the hospital....Great group and worth it all the way...No too much money really for the area but they are worth it!!

If life hands you lemons find a friend with Vodka and have a party!

I love to ride my motorcycle with th wind in my face and I could not have done this without my 
RNY 10/24/05
TT-10/18/07

seanbear66rn
on 10/29/07 1:13 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
Topic: AN INVITATION to GLBT interest board
Hello
 I am inviting ANY gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered members or supporters  to a specific "MESSAGE BOARD"  for our community. Since posting the first invitation several longtime OH members who where not aware of this board have started to post.

This is the direct link to the message board.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_trans gender/posts.html

Thank You........Sean
DianeM123456
on 10/26/07 10:53 am
Hi I was a self pay.  I went to John Hopkins Bayview, in Baltimore, Md.  My surgeon was Thomas Magnuson he was wonderful.  I had no complications and a friend had him also with NO PROBLEMS.  I read the messageboard and see all kinds of problems and issues.  Pre op you do nothing to prepare for the operation.  I was in the hospital 3 days.  I would highly recommend him...
sunshinek
on 10/26/07 5:47 am - wahington, DC
Hi Im new I suppose to have sugery in December 07 did you have lap band or gastric ?
Most Active