Recent Posts

shoppingsarah
on 3/13/08 3:04 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 03/08/12
Topic: RE: CALLING ALL GW-HOSPITAL PATIENTS
I also looked at GW, but heard not great things about the after care. Other then DR. A, the doctors are all part of the medical faculty associates. Though they are very skilled and excellent doctors, the practice (MFA) is awful. Rarely ontime, and truthfully a pain in the ass to deal with all around.  I went to Sibley instead and had my surgery with DR. Brian Long. He was amazing. You should definately consider it.
Biggie Smalls
on 3/12/08 11:10 pm - Chocolate City, DC
Topic: RE: CALLING ALL GW-HOSPITAL PATIENTS
wow, I actually love Dr. A and his staff!  My experience with him has been totally different.  He's not a man of many words but anytime I had any questions he was very much willing to answer them as was his staff.  Everything went smoothly for me with the exception of the two weeks before the approval.  There was some confusion between the two psychiatrists and my eval letter but otherwise I've had a wonderful experience.   They were even accomodating when I begged and pleaded for a date one month earlier than originally given.  But you have to do what's best for you as you're putting your life and your future in the hands of the person you select. I've heard nothing but good things about GW's bariatric ward.  I havent been to the required class yet (March 26th) but I'm stoked that they have an entire ward dedicated to this specialty and are requiring you to tour the ward and give  you information on what will happen when you have your surgery.  I will be going in on March 31.  good luck with everything!
I was once a mess!!  My mess is now my message!! WLS saves lives!!  I'm living proof!

EmbodySuccess
on 3/11/08 5:54 am - Roswell, GA
Topic: CAN U STAND LAUGHING 4 60-seconds?

As a former hospital chaplain and parish minister, I know the value of giving myself a "laughter break!" when I feel myself getting caught up in anxiety  or melancholy.

A few days ago, I caught something on camera  that seemed to tell a short story. I edited down the photos to 7, added captions and here it is (just click on the tabloid title)!   

"DIET NIGHTMARE! SECRET EATER CAUGHT ON CAMERA!"(C) 

Feel free to pass it on to whomever you think needs a laughter "quickie!"

Lovingly sent,

Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

givvy
on 3/10/08 12:31 am - Anniston, AL
Topic: Anyone with Empire BC/BS through BAE Systems?

Does anyone have Empire BC/BS through BAE Systems?  I have just submitted my records for an approval and was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their experiences?  I am hoping for a quick approval.  Any information would greatly be appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 10:37 am, edited 3/16/08 3:27 am - NJ
Topic: CALLING ALL GW-HOSPITAL PATIENTS

Hey everyone! I am looking into the surgeons at GW Hospital and I wanted to know about your experiences with them. Who was your surgeon, did you like him/her, did you experience any complications and how was the after care? In the very beginning I was considering Dr. Joseph Afram but now I am only interested in the other surgeons; Dr. Paul Lin, Dr. Fred Brody, Dr. Juliet Lee and Dr. Muhammad. I've seen only Dr. Paul Lin and my experience with him and his staff and assistant was a really good one. They listened to me, answered my questions and had a really good sense of humor lol, I find that important for some reason... Oh and I even got called in to see him on time! You know how usually in doctor’s office you have to wait and wait well over your appointment time (at least for me) and that wasn't the case during my consultation. If I had to give him a review just off of the consultation experience, I'd give him 5 stars. My experience with Dr. Joseph Afram was a horrible one and I’d give him a negative 1 star. Sure, he may be good at what he does but he didn’t care to hear a word I had to say. I figured if he didn’t care what I had to say pre-op, then I can only imagine how bad it would be post-op. What if I believed I was experiencing complications? He didn’t listen to my concerns before so why would he listen now? My experience with his office was unfortunately no better so my overall experience with them deserves a two thumbs down.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 10:00 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Any info on Dr. Afram?

I personally don’t like Dr. Afram. Although he is very good at what he does, his attitude sucks and he didn’t care for what I had to say. I figured if he didn't care what I had to say now, imagine what it would be like post-op. Due to that, I am now looking into the other surgeons that work with GW. That is my personal opinion; I hope your experience with him goes better then mines.

heart2heart
on 2/28/08 12:14 pm
Topic: Plastics with Dr. Paul Ruff
Hi, I'll be having surgery with Dr. Ruff in April. Has anyone else been to him? Any experiences to share? Thanks!
kcheartland
on 2/20/08 6:28 am - dc
Topic: RE: Doctor Question
Check with Dr. Fred Brody once you arrive.  He is at Geo. Washington Univ. Medical Center.  It is right on Metro and he now has a Nurse Practioner (Kelley Osborne) on his staff.  Also, there is the GW WLS Support Group that meets Every first and third Wednesday of the month.  You might also want to consult with the surgeon who is doing your surgery; he should be able to refer you to a peer in the area or make some calls on your behalf.
shoppingsarah
on 2/17/08 1:14 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 03/08/12
I just had my surgery 1.5 weeks ago by DR LONG. He is at Sibley Hospital in DC. You could call them and ask if they will do the fills. I am not sure, but their # is 202-370-6565. Let me know.
niknac0701
on 2/13/08 1:26 am - Rville, MD
Dr Afram does not do lap band. He only performs RNY open not lap. He is a great doctor though! Thanks.
Most Active