Recent Posts

Virtue
on 7/16/08 8:31 am - WASHINGTON, DC
Topic: HELP!! LOSING HOPE!!
I am needing extreme help!!! I started out pre surgery at 315 lbs and got down to 206 lbs.  Now I am back at 220 lbs. I had a miscarriage and then started gainging my weight back.  I went through a big slump.   I have stopped taking my vitamins and my diet is terrible!  I don't even know how to get back.  It is almost like I forgot the vitamin regimine, diet regimine, can I lose this weight back again?  HELP!! PLEASE!!
sawwas
on 7/11/08 1:35 pm, edited 7/11/08 2:01 pm - MD
Topic: Dr Rickford

Hello everyone I have just started the process for lapband I have chosen Dr. Ricford I start my testing next week.  i would like to know has anyone used Dr Rickford and or Providence Hospital?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlRtsOw/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wlRtsOw/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Lorraina M.
on 7/1/08 12:12 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Topic: Doctor suggestions
Hi,  I haven't posted in quite a while, but continue to read the posts from time to time.  My reason for writing today is to help a fellow bypass patient.  She had surgery a little more than 2 years ago and is still having great difficulty eating.  It seems like she has never gotten much advice from her current doctor's office so she asked me to see who you all suggest.  She lives and works in DC so she perfers to have a DC doctor.  Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  Lorraine
AzViper
on 6/28/08 8:32 am - AZ
Topic: Fourth of July Holiday

The Fourth of July holiday is just around the corner. This will be my 7th year I have presented a Power Point presentation on the 4th of July to those in my email database of which is now over 1000 people. If you would like to receive this FREE presentation please contact me at [email protected] This year’s theme is honoring our American Soldiers… Again this is a free presentation that I send out yearly…

Shirley L.
on 6/26/08 1:49 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: BMI and the Lap Band procedure
Hi all, I was hoping that someone could tell me if it is possible to get the Lap Band procedure done on a person with a BMI of 76.8?  Thank you
Shirley L.
on 6/26/08 1:47 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

I believe: Dr. Frederick Finelli 106 Irving St. N. E.  Suite 3400 North Washington Hospital Center Washington, D. C.  20010 202-877-3152 I called for an appointment for the Lap Band procedure and they told me they took Medicaid.  Hope this helps.

Michelle G.
on 6/22/08 1:05 pm - Fort Belvoir, VA
Topic: New to the D.C. area and need to find a support group
Hey there D.C.!  My family and I just moved to Fort Belvoir from Fort Campbell.  I had my WLS Feb 20th this year.  If any one knows of a support group near the Fort Belvoir area please let me know.  Thank you!!
KittyKathleenKat
on 6/13/08 2:46 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Topic: Doctor Follow up Appointments
Hey everyone!  I am in the process of getting approved by Kaiser.  I am told that I will have a doctor from GW, presumably Dr. Lin or another of the doctors there.  My question is this:  I am nervous about how much time I will lose from work for the surgery, and then for the followup appointments.  How often are the follow ups and how flexible are the appointment times. Kaiser is very restrictive for their surgeries.  They will only refer to a GW hospital doctor and I live in Baltimore!  I am afraid that I will be taking off from work for full days just to have a check up! What is your experience?
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/08 11:43 am - FL
JeremyGentles
on 6/6/08 6:24 am - Johnson City, TN
Topic: Realize Band Forum

ObesityHelp and Dr. Trace Curry's team at the Center For Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery are excited to provide the community with some great information about one of the newest weight loss surgery procedures, the Realize Band.

The Realize Band Forum provides you with general information about the Realize Band procedure, as well as specific information about insurance approval, diet and nutrition, choosing a Realize Band surgeon, and answers to some of the most frequently asked Realize Band questions. You can also Ask Dr. Curry questions and interact with your peers on the Realize Band Messagboard!

Check out all of the following resources in the Realize Band Forum:

- Realize Band Messageboard

- About Realize Band

- Realize Band - What Every Patient Should Know About Insurance Approval

- Realize Band Diet and Nutrition

- Choosing a Realize Band Surgeon

Realize Band FAQ

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active