Recent Posts

dnice230
on 8/26/08 2:18 am - MD
leniecap
on 8/19/08 1:59 am - UK
Topic: FILMING WITH DISCOVERY CHANNEL
Discovery channel are filming  a medical science documentary series called 'Inside Extraordinary Bodies' . One of the Episodes focuses on obesity. We are currently looking for contributors to take part in this documentary. Ideally looking for people who weighs 500 lbs plus and waiting to have surgery or someone who has recently had surgery and lost a large amount of weight (ideally this person will have been over the 600 lb mark before surgery).

Those who wish to take part , must be able to talk openly and candidly about their condition. Stories will be handled with the care and sensitivity they deserve and will be used in an imformative way, it is NOT a freak show!.

If you are interested please contact me directly by email [email protected]
simonsmom
on 8/18/08 12:41 pm - Coraopolis, PA
Topic: I'm confused about the VA/DC event...
There's a post (dated last October???) that says we can't register for the event online anymore? I'm hoping I just misunderstood. If so, where can I find the code for the discount?

Thanks!
The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 8/7/08 11:40 am
Topic: A"NEw ME" is around the corner
OMG!! I am signing the lease tomorrow for my gym!! It is called..  NEW ME Weightloss Studio.. 1121 Richie Road  Capitol heights, md 20743... I am creating 30 minute exercise programs at 9.85 each.. THAT RIGHT.. either a 30 minute circuit on 10 machines with the help of a fitness coach to hit every muscle  or a 30 minute video or inperson taught class... hip hop aerobics. line dancing, pole dancing etc.....  I am even doing  three  30 minute "lunch crunch " sessions for the people who work in the area.... 10 min abs.. 10 min legs and 10 min arms.....  and then shower and back to work....  15 classes a day.. over eaters anonymous group.. 5 different nutrional and weighloss options presented weekly by different healthcare professionals including surgeons, meal replacement, packaged meals, and prescription meds and wholistic remedies... cuz lets face it .. we all lose differently.. so i am gonna let people offer their services to the clients throught the gym.. EVERYONE should feel at home.. EVERYONE can afford it because you just cant afford NOT TOO......  WISH ME LUCK and if you are in MD send me a email at [email protected] and i will send u an invite for my NOV  1 grand opening!!  WOO HOO

luvsexytrstno1
on 7/31/08 7:40 pm - Anchorage, AK
Topic: For those of you that don't take dumping on sugar seriously or
better yet, don't think you do dump on sugar so you think you can't dump on it.  Boy have I got a story for you.  I am one of those post ops that can get away with some sugar so I decided to pu**** with dangerous results.  My post should serve as a warning, don't let this happen to you.
you can read it here;
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2008/08/dumping-we-will-g o-dumping-we-will-go.html
norbatl1
on 7/29/08 6:29 am - washington, DC
Topic: RE: Self-Pay OPtions w/Dr. Afram
I was not aware of that. My surgery is on 08-19-08.They assured me that they would be there every step of the way. The staff talked about how they would come and visit you in the hospital, and the whole nine yards. Anyone else out there with some more insight please post your comments, I'm very much interested in your thoughts.
CuteGal1974
on 7/23/08 1:52 am - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: Separation, Divorce & Starting Over
I have a support group on Facebook that I created for folks going through a separation/divorce.  Please feel free to check out my group & join us for support, tips, and a friendly ear for listening.

Here's the link to my group, if you're interested:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11189151860

Best of luck to you all!!!
Sara

Highest Weight = 295 lbs.
Surgery Weight = 266 lbs.
Lowest Weight = 174 lbs.
Current Weight = 220 lbs.
Goal Weight = 150 lbs. (5'4")
swanie76
on 7/21/08 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: New to the D.C. area and need to find a support group
not sure of ft belvoir but there is a support but a suppot group meets some wednesday evenings at GWU call 202 741 3203 for details

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

swanie76
on 7/21/08 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: Doctor suggestions
Dr Paul Lin at GWU he is great so is his staff especially his nurse practitioner Denise there is a support group that meets at his office on some wednesday afternoons too
202 741 3203

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

Most Active