Recent Posts

tltompkins
on 1/8/09 11:42 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 12/19/06 with
Topic: Memory Loss and fear!
I've been having memory loss. There are soo many days that I have no recolection of.  I can't focus and its hard to retain information.  There is so much going on.  I need to go to the doctor but am afraid to hear the truth.....fear!!!!!!!!!!!
September9th
on 1/8/09 9:31 am - Lithonia, GA
Topic: RE: My 4-year WLS Journal - Check it Out!
Im glad I took time out to check out your postings, most persons post all the time pre -op then after surgery they become non-existent, thanks for sticking around.
birddream
on 1/7/09 12:17 pm - Falls Church, VA
Topic: My 4-year WLS Journal - Check it Out!
On my profile I have chronicled the good and the ugly... the ups and the downs of my weight loss surgery journey for the past 4 years.  I invite anyone to check it out.  It's written with the most recent entry on top, so to start at the beginning just scroll all the way down to the bottom - you'll figure it out.   I also have before and after pictures.  I lost 122 lbs with a RNY Gastric Bypass.  Feel free to send me a message if you relate to anything or if you have any questions about anything.

Nick
birddream
on 1/6/09 9:33 am - Falls Church, VA
Topic: Plastic Surgeons in No.VA - Balancing Price with Quality?
I am 4 years post-op and am just starting to entertain the idea of plastic surgery.  I have a list of Board Certified Plastic surgeons in my area.  My question is:  Is there a website that lists what different doctors charge for the same procedure?  My fear is that I choose Doctor A who charges $8000 for a tummy tuck, when Doctor B only charges $5000 but is just as well-qualified and maybe just spends less on advertising.

There seems to be two "gods of plastic surgery" in Northern VA.  Dr. Bitar and Dr. Krieger.  This is based on their substantial marketing efforts, and are the only two doctors on this site that are reviewed at all.  Should I expect these more well-advertised doctors to be more expensive simply because of their relative fame or does the fame and being well-advertised indicate that they are a better choice regardless of how expensive they are?

I know there are other things to consider, but I just wish I knew what every doctor was charging so I knew if they were all about the same or there are drastic differences, and if so, why? 

Thanks,
Nick
Iman M.
on 1/3/09 5:35 am - Arlington, VA
Topic: RE: IM NOTLOSING ANYMORE
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Why are you embarseed, your doctor is your partner in this and he/she understands that its more than just making your stomach small.  Its a mental and physical experience.  You have an addiction, as I do, and we need all the resources we can get.  IF you don't call him then you don't want to get better. 

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! 

Highest weight: 325.5 (2008)                   Surgery weight: 323.5 (1/8/09)

****Got pregnant in May 2011 but lost the baby in August 2011...Gained some weight so trying to get back on track...I hate PCOS.
Denise W.
on 12/16/08 2:47 am - Rocklin, CA
fstoddard0818
on 12/7/08 8:42 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
shepkatt
on 12/5/08 12:35 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV - Episode 6 is up

On episode 6, we answer a few questions about vitamins, discuss WLS Puberty, and recommend a product that will help smooth out the lumps after weight loss.

Come check it out and join the fun

www.bariatrictv.com

~lynnda

shepkatt
on 11/26/08 1:17 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV - Gobble Gobble
Hey gang -

Episode 5 is up..   The Thanksgiving episode with a yummy recipe for a SF pumpkin pie

www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

biloximom2001
on 11/25/08 10:29 am - Biloxi, MS
Topic: BEST Sugar Free Margarita EVER!
Hey Everyone!  I just had to share this with ya'll.  There is a lady that lives in the town that I do that created a Margarita mix that has ZERO Sugar, ZERO Carbs, ZERO Calories and ZERO Fat.. If you are a Margarita lover like I am, you have got to try this product.  It is GREAT!  It is being sold right now through a citrus tree company, but she will have her own webpage up soon, when she gets it up, I will let everyone know!  But if you are interested in having a Lemon or Lime Tree and want some Margarita mix, you can find it at :www.keylimepietree.com/nocarbarita.html

I know I have not been on this site for quite some time, but I am trying to get back on track.  I have done pretty well with maintaining my weightloss.  My surgery was in March 2005, I weighed 240, I am still at 130.  I am very happy with my success.  I hope everyone is doing great.

Rhonda
Formerly of Biloxi, MS
now in Hahira, GA
Most Active