Recent Posts

mocha033
on 2/12/09 8:16 pm - MD
RNY on 12/21/09 with
Topic: RE: Dr. Afram?
Please try Dr. Brian Long at Sibley Center for Weight Loss Surgery.  His next support group meeting in on March 4.
GiveMeTheGreenlight
on 2/11/09 10:53 am - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: Dr. Afram?

I just attended a seminar facilitated by the most professional Dr. Afram and his cordial staff. I am feeling more and more like WLS is the path I need to take.  My first question to this group, however, is about payment.  While I realize all insurance plans may have different coverages, I was advised by Dr. Afram's staff of a flat $1,500. 00 fee that I will be responsible for paying 7 days before my surgery date.  This was explained to me well before we knew whether my insurance plan covers WLS or not; in fact, we have not even reached the stage where we apply for approval.  I have had several friends undergo various versions of WLS in several different states, but none of them have encountered such an out-of-pocket expense that is assessed regardless of insurance coverage.  Can anyone provide any further clarity?  Thanks! :)

Shelli S.
on 1/31/09 2:53 pm
shepkatt
on 1/30/09 4:13 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV Episode 14 - Good vs Evil
In episode 14, we’ll start our weekly highlight of surgery types with Gastric Banding, expose the good and evil that lives in a patient’s head, and make a yummy high protein quiche.

HIGHLIGHTS

• We ask for your help in gaining sponsors by filling out our viewer survey.
  • Answering the constant request for a show highlighting the types of bariatric surgeries.
  • It used to be just the Roux-en-y that was getting attention.
  • We take a look at gastric banding.
  • The main choices in banding are The Lapband & The Realize Band.
  • Post your banding question in our Bandsters forum.
  • Good and evil voices in your head.
  • The battle of the maple donut
  • A recipe for a yummy quiche lorraine
  • I’m pinching your head!
Come join the fun!

http://www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

gbitar007
on 1/27/09 3:33 am
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons in No.VA - Balancing Price with Quality?
Hello Nick,

This is Dr. George Bitar. I saw your posting as I was browsing the forum. Congratulations on your ongoing journey.

I cannot speak for other plastic surgeons, but I do know Dr. Krieger and he is an excellent plastic surgeon. I can tell you also that I really enjoy operating on patients after they lose a significant amount of weight because the results can be very satisfactory. I do have a lot of experience doing this type of surgery and would like to invite you to see the special section about "Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss" and "Plastic Surgery for Men" on my website at www.DrBitar.com with alot of explanation and before/after photos. All the prices are posted as well.

My e-mail is [email protected]. Fell free to contact me if you have any questions about tummy tucks or other procedures.

Sincerely,

George Bitar MD, FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
birddream
on 1/12/09 8:27 pm - Falls Church, VA
Hmm, I'm a little leary using Dr. Anez for any kind of plastic surgery procedure, but if his rate is just too good to pass up, I may consider it.  I would be curious what Dr. Spear charges for a "body lift"  and an "extended abdominoplasty."  Please also ask if he offers a 60 mo. finance plan.  Thank you for your offer!

Nick
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 4:16 pm - Falls Church, VA
 Wow I see we both live in Falls Church and have Dr. Anez as a surgeon.  I know Dr. Anez does plastics for arms.  From what Im told, he gives his patients a substantial discount on the procedure as well.  I may go through him later on this year.
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 4:09 pm - Falls Church, VA
 Dr. Spear is one of the best and he is the head chief of plastics at Georgetown University Hospital.  He's been doing it for 30 years.  I dont know what his specific rates are, since my two procedures are being covered by insurance.  He's been on a lot of TV shows, etc...very well known.  I think the two mentioned above are a tad bit overrated.  His # is 202-444-8751 and usually books appts 4-6 weeks out.  My first appt is on the 29th so I can schedule my surgeries for June.  Do you have any questions you want me to ask while Im there regarding a particular price?
MotherX2CntrvlleVA
on 1/12/09 11:26 am - VA
RNY on 06/13/11 with
Topic: RE: Memory Loss and fear!
Hello,

You need to call Dr. Mo.  He will talk to you and make sure you are fine. It is probably something simple like your red blood cells are low or you can be under alot of stress. But you really need to address the issue and get it resolved.  Stay possitive and I wish you all the Best.

Let me know what Dr. Mo says.

Regards,

Rita
shepkatt
on 1/9/09 6:58 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV new episodes are up
Episode 11 is up for this week.

In episode 11, We talk about the need to change your lifestyle during the “WLS Honeymoon Period", spend some time avoiding cross addtions, and introduce you to a site from one of the first BTV fans.

HIGHLIGHTS

• The Weight Loss Surgery Honeymoon Period.
  • The first year to 18 months the weight just comes off.
  • You have to change your habits during the Honeymoon Period.
  • Are you at risk of a cross addiction?
  • Cross addictions like shopping, drinking, gambling etc…
  • How to avoid cross addictions.
  • A blog site from one of BTV’s first fan.

LINKS

Come join the fun!

www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

Most Active