Recent Posts

GiveMeTheGreenlight
on 3/6/09 5:25 am - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: RE: Dr. Afram?
September9th~

Thanks for your response.  I, like you, have done a lot of research, and it seems as though Dr. A is the best choice as far as surgeons in this area goes.  I have has several friends undergo this surgery (various forms) in several different states and by several different surgeons, but not one of them has been required to pay any monies in excess of what was covered by insurance and/or normal copays.  I am still unclear about  EXACTLY WHAT THIS FEE IS FOR....?? I plan to attend a group meeting on Mar. 11 (the second in my 3-mos. beh. mod) and I will have to ask them to explain to me again what it is I'm paying for. 

Good luck to you on the 17th!  It's coming quick....are you ready?  Where are you here from?

GiveMeTheGreenlight
September9th
on 3/6/09 12:45 am - Lithonia, GA
im not gonna lie, that $1500 fee plus the $350 for the Psych Eval threw me for a loop!! Damn I just moved to DC for my internship, im not making any real money and here I am having to dip into my savings.......WTF!!

Yes, no matter what insurance plan you have, the $1500 fee is required. $350 for Dr. Zimmitti as well. You can go to another Psych Doctor in your network, but factor in an appointment, a report to be written and wondering if the doctors office will fax it before your surg date can be a hassle. Dr Zimmitti is onsite and theres no hassle!!

I pondered over the almost $2300+ i have spent in preparation for this surgery, and to me the benefits far exceed the costs....

Think about this: All of your post-op visits are FREE for LIFE, anytime you need to talk to ANYONE in the office there is NO HASSLE!!

Dr. Afram is the best surgeon, do your research like I have done, come to the support group meetings, ask his patients.

You will see.

My date is 3/17/09 and I had to pay the $1850 last week, I didnt want to, lord knows I need the money in these times, but this time last year I couldnt of afforded it, and with my weight and co-morbidies I may not have been here to receive this surgery.
PLAYGROUND
on 2/24/09 4:01 am - Washington, DC
I am glad someone touched on that.  Hi Sharonne!  I had surgery in 2006 and never pay anything either.  Like someone said I love Dr. A he saved my life and the fact that he gets right down to it is a plus.  As a man, I don't need anybody trying to cater to my ego, tell me what's up and let me be about it.

I recently gained some weight back though and am looking for some workout and dietary tips to get my weight back down.  Anybody have any suggestions?
luvsexytrstno1
on 2/22/09 2:49 pm - Anchorage, AK
Topic: EA Sports Active for Wii
Read more, see a video of the game , and pre order at my blog;
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2009/02/ea-sports-active- for-wii.html

This game promises something between the disappointing Gillian Micheals Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii where it promised true 1 to 1 motion during the exercises but failed horribly to deliver (read my review on it for more on that) and the My Fitness Coach for Wii that doesn't utilize the Wii controllers at all except for entering data. In my review for My Fitness Coach I commented that the game had great potential to utilize the Wii controllers to sense your movements and form but didn't even try to utilize them. At least that was better than the Gillian Michaels game that promised but failed to deliver. I also wrote that I hoped someone would come out with a game similar to My Fitness Coach that would include the great personal training options, goal setting options, customized workouts, and deliver on the 1 to 1 motion promise of the Gillian Micheals game. Could EA Sports Active for the Wii be that game?
Well, if you believe all of the pre-release videos and reviews, then it very well might be! It shows your calories burned IN REAL TIME as you are actively working out! (how customizable and accurate this feature is, we will have to wait and see) It also includes a special Nunchuk leg holster to better sense your movements during some of the exercises. It includes resistance bands also. The workouts are 20 minutes but they can be customized and the difficulty level increases as you workout over time. Again, we will have to wait to see how they do this.
shepkatt
on 2/17/09 10:35 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV Episode 16 - Lovey, Why am I always cold?
In Episode 16 we take a look at the Duodenal Switch, discuss why you’re always cold after surgery and review some bariatric nutritional products that showed up on our doorstep.

HIGHLIGHTS 

• The Duodenal Switch
  • Similarities to the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Patients must follow vitamin and protein regiments
  • Advantages and disadvantages of the DS
  • Feedback from DS patients
  • Always hot before surgery
  • We weren’t fat we were insulated
  • We got a box of goodies from Smart Forme
  • Starter kits, a great way to see if you like their foods 
  • It Tastes Like game show
Come join the fun!

http://www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

small20634
on 2/17/09 4:26 am - Southern, MD
I didn't want to pay anything out of pocket to be honest. However, I will NEVER have to pay for any visit to him again. I call them up when ever I need to and come in. The group meetings same thing. I have friends that have to pay for all of that each visit and they are not as successful with thier weight loss. I would recommend Dr. A to anyone. He is straight forward and he is on top of his work!

Good luck,

KLo
Sharonne M
on 2/16/09 9:19 pm - In Love, MD
Hello,

They should have explained that the $1500 fee covers all your post-ops visits. The insurance companies won't cover that. I had my surgery with Dr. Afram & Dr. Buras in 2004. All I can say is that the $1500 is well worth.

Be Blessed,
Sharonne
bike4hunger
on 2/15/09 11:03 pm
Topic: End Hunger Ride April 25th
Great Ride, Great Cause
Let's a group from OH there!

Bike Routes Available

New Rider 15 mile         15 mile         36 mile         46 mile         Metric 
For more info and to register go to endhungercalvert.org

Join us April 25, 2009 for a day of biking along the scenic Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Pedal along the bay front, marinas, farmland and a local winery while you enjoy the company of friends who share your passion for biking. At the end of the day you'll feel even better knowing that every dollar of your registration fee will go to feed a hungry family.   

This is a fully supported event with routes ranging from 15 miles to a full metric century. Check out our new beginner ride whi*****ludes safety orientation, road rules and a ride leader to make sure even our newest riders have a great day.

bike4hunger
on 2/15/09 11:02 pm
Topic: End Hunger Ride April 25th
Great Ride, Great Cause
Let's a group from OH there!

Bike Routes Available

New Rider 15 mile         15 mile         36 mile         46 mile         Metric 
For more info and to register go to endhungercalvert.org

Join us April 25, 2009 for a day of biking along the scenic Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Pedal along the bay front, marinas, farmland and a local winery while you enjoy the company of friends who share your passion for biking. At the end of the day you'll feel even better knowing that every dollar of your registration fee will go to feed a hungry family.   

This is a fully supported event with routes ranging from 15 miles to a full metric century. Check out our new beginner ride whi*****ludes safety orientation, road rules and a ride leader to make sure even our newest riders have a great day.

Mariah
on 2/14/09 3:41 am - Richmond, IN
Topic: needing advice
Can any of u suggest a great plastic surgeon?  I needed a TT and back skin removed.  I would like to have someone do this thats done alot of surgerys on bariatric patients.  Im willing to go anywhere in the US.  Im not up to traveling outside the US.  Thanks for any help u can give me.

This is my favorite site for Healthy Recipes

http://www.bakespace.com/loginjoin/invite/8491

This is my favorite online site for shopping

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=190995

Most Active