Recent Posts

melsreturn
on 4/5/09 11:19 am - Madison, TN
Topic: Protein! Who Wants Free Protein?!

I am having a product giveaway on my website.  Is it a shameless ploy to get visitors?  

HECK YEAH!  But who cares!  It's a chance for FREEBIES! 

Three lucky winners are surely going to hit it big!!  I am talking, wonderful protein jackpot! 

Before I hit the rules, here is what three lucky winners will receive:

A case of Labrada On The Go Ready to Drinks, AND a case of Rock'N Roll bars!  OH MY GARSH!  I am so jealous!   All products will be sent directly to the winners from the Labrada company.

"Did she say a CASE of BOTH?"  Yes, she did!

Here is all you have to do:

from Sunday, April 5th at 12:01 am UNTIL Sunday, April 12th, 12:01 pm, every person who makes a comment on my website to any post, or sends me an email will be entered for the drawing.  You don't have to go into elaborate details of your surgery or life if you wish not to... (for you shy folks) but on Monday, April 13th, I will hold the drawing for 3 lucky winners.  Yes, 3 LUCKY WINNERS!  http://recoveringfatty.com

Good luck.  Gosh I love giveaways.

Littleway
on 4/3/09 2:36 am
Topic: Any Feds get VSG approved by their insurers?
Hi,  I am a federal employee and currently have SAMBA (who uses CIGNA) as my insurance.  I thought I would post on the DC forum since there are probably many feds *****ad these posts.  I am interested in the VSG but I have had trouble getting info from SAMBA on whether they cover VSG or still consider it experimental.  I can switch next year to a new plan if I have a better chance of getting approval or I may just decide to self pay.  Any feds out there who got VSG approved without an appeal with a federal plan? 
Mercedes S.
on 4/3/09 2:26 am - Accokeek, MD
Topic: RE: Moving to DC this summer
Hello Heidi. I am located in Maryland near the DC line.  I go to a support group at Washington Hospital Center.  I you are interested in recieving a copy of their meeting schedule, please PM me and I will give/get email address and I can forward it to you. 

Congrats on you move to the District. 

Whom ever said that people who have WLS are taking the easy way out, have never had this experience.  This is a journey and a major challenge.  Step by step I am striving to make it as a loser!! 

Starting Weight/ Current Weight / Goal Weight  (for now)

337/235.2/199

RICHIERIMM
on 3/23/09 8:05 am - BUSHKILL, PA
Topic: GREAT DEALS!

You asked for it…..You got it!

AchievOne  

Available for immediate delivery.    

Now available in six delicious flavors,

Mocha Java, Cappuccino, Vanilla Nut, Hazelnut, Chocolate & Vanilla

24 pack case, 8.25 oz tetra (previously packed in glass)

Price $47.00 tax included +  shipping

Also known as “ Liquid Gold"amongst the bariatric community

Also, Oh Yeah! delicious Shakes, Bars and Wafers                                               

Available in Vanilla Crème or Chocolate Milkshake

-12 bottles, 1 Case =$39.00 per case + shipping

Protein Bars

Available in Almond Fudge, Chocolate Caramel, Peanut Butter Caramel and Vanilla Toffee Fudge 12 bars, 1 Box=$16.oo for one box $30.00 2 boxes + shipping

Wafers

Available in Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Cup, Vanilla Cream or Vanilla Peanut Butter Cream

9 bars, 1 Box-=$16.00 for one box or $30.00 for 2 boxes+ shipping

Supreme Protein Bars

Available in Caramel Chocolate, Peanut Butter

9 bars, 1 box =$16.00 for one box or $30.00 for 2 boxes + shipping

Available for immediate delivery!

Call Richie @ 917-709-2090

Or by e-mail at [email protected]

RICHIE      WE MAKE OUR OWN DESTINY

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM TO GET HERE

ARIMM NIMH

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/09 3:00 am - FL
Topic: Moving to DC this summer
Hi fellow OH'ers...Im no newcomer to OH.com but will be new to DC area this summer., DH and I will be transferring from Florida..would like to meet some people, make friends and find where the support groups are...any info would be invaluable :)   Thanks so much and I am excited to be moving where there are 4 seasons!!

Heidi
Member Services
on 3/21/09 11:36 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, March 26th

Due to scheduled maintenance, all of our web services will be unavailable on Thursday, March 26th starting at 11:59PM PDT lasting for approximately one hour. We apologize for any inconvenience.

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 1:01 pm
Topic: RE: Memory Loss and fear!
 I haven't had gastric surgery (yet) but I did have a similar, scary experience last year.  I essentially lost my short term memory. It felt like and fit the description of Alzheimers or a tumor or something. I went to a neurologist and they sent me next day to get an EEG and later a brain scan to look for shrinkage/dementia !!!! I am in my 40s with young children!!
Well, it turned out it was one of the drugs I was on (lamictal) which has this as an infrequent side effect, usually not that severe. I went off of it under the Neurologist's instructions and poof I was better. It was a scary, scary time.
I suggest you get yourself to a neurologist and tell them your symptoms. Only she knew about the side effect of this drug ---my gp, who is excellent, did not.  Pursue it because you probably have an easy answer without dire consequences involved!
Good luck!
Hugs
Jen
MerMer
on 3/14/09 10:31 pm, edited 3/14/09 10:58 pm
Topic: Dr. Paul Lin?
Hello, I just got approved for the RNY and I have selected Dr. Paul Lin of George Washungton University as my surgeon. He comes highly recommended by my nutrionist. Has anyone used him as their surgeon if so please give me some feedback.

Thank You
HolliBeth1
on 3/8/09 1:27 pm - Millbrook, AL
Topic: RE: My 4-year WLS Journal - Check it Out!
You are an inspiration! Thank you for the update~ Holli

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

stapoo
on 3/6/09 7:20 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Afram?
Hello,
I just had surgery with Dr. A on 2/10/09 and may have been in the session you attended. I am going to try to be there on the 11th as well, if my work schedule permits. The fee covers all follow-up visits, aftercare, and any other incidental charges. Most people do not go to comprehensive weight loss centers, meaning they pay different fees at different places for psych, nutritionist, post op, etc...

You will pay the $1500, $350 (for psych) and co-pays at the various labs/doc appts you will attend. PLEASE do not go to another doctor. While your friends did not pay the surgeon, I am sure they encountered fees in other areas. If you need to see Afram five years from now, it's free. Plus, to echo what others have written, I researched until I was blue in the face. There is NO MORE EXPERIENCED or competent surgeon in our area. He really is the BEST and this matters in avoiding complications. I didn't realize how much "doctor choice" mattered until after surgery when I started reading this site. Some of the complications others regularly encounter, are non-issues with Dr. A's patients.
Most Active